Thanks

Need to level up. Human figure drawing.

Hi. I've been practicing gesture drawing from "Draw this!" YouTube videos, and working hard on understanding the action lines. I considere that it's about time to step up. Now, before to get into anatomy, shades, volume and all those "high level concepts" (I prefer the baby steps way). I want to buy a figure drawing book. One that introduces me to understand the human figure in a simply way (base on geometry... Etc.) And understand proportion and simple construction. Details comes last it's my guess. ¿What book you recommend to me? If I can buy it from Amazon it will be great. My goal to anatomy, it's Michael Hampton's Book. Or, thinking even much bigger, Frank H. Netter anatomy concept. Art it's about hard work but understanding too. Sorry for my bad grammar. I'm from México. God bless Tacos!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,674 Times in 4,587 Posts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You should apply what you have learned from Loomis to life drawing to get most out of it, also Proko has good videos about construction at hes youtube channel

Thanks
    Done some research after your reply, fits perfect. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks
    Hey, yes after some research Loomis fits well. Proko introduced me to gesture drawing, his videos are easy to catch. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks
    figure drawing for all its worth by Andrew loomis
    i have studied and still am studying this book. its fantastic.
    figure drawing . design and invention by michael hampton. also a fantastic book. thats takes you fom gestures to simplified anatmoy in action.

also self study like crazy. i have studied these books but i find by far the most effective is drawing a human figure from reference (i am a newmasteracademy.org member and they have a fantastic nude models page with times poses etc) and then immediatly draw that figure from your imagination several times. then next day come back and draw from imagination then compare to reference and draw from reference again. do this for all parts of the human form and anatomy. this really helps drawing from imagination any pose you want especially foreshortening etc. this is helping alot with my drawing without reference.
    i break it into chunks. do an hour at the beggining of the day just working on heads. drawing them from imagination then comparing to refeence and correcting them then closing the reference then drawing from imagination again. next day hands, feet , sometimes whole body. whatever . break it into 30 min or hour long intense no distraction study

Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOV...6BW18AvplWI8YA

This is the channel "Draw this" every Friday upload 2 hours of poses with a different model every week. They have a lot of more content than new masters academy. I discovered it thanks to New Master's channel. You should take a tour on their channel. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks
    thats a nce link. ill check that out. as for new masters academy i find their actuall lessons on drawing the figure amazing and made my work so come on leaps and bounds.