Thanks

Canada animation concept art job

Is that possible those who are not Canadian to get an animation concept art job in canada ? 😅
    If it is possible how hard it would be ? 💪☹️

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 1,021 Posts
    I don't know about concept art, but for animation-related jobs, i.e. animation, storyboarding, background painting, I found it impossible to get in. Canadian studios need to prove there are no Canadian candidates available, in order to get permission to hire a non-Canadian. There are quite a number of studios, like Corus who will not even try to hire an international.

There are not a lot of studios who will openly admit you will not make a chance, so everybody will be happily telling you they will be willing to eat themselves through the red tape required, that your work is industrial standard, give you their business cards and tell you to contact them for an interview or a test. They will not call you back. Both studios and schools are more than happy to paint a scene where internationals are welcome in The Land of Great Opportunities, but the truth is that Canadians go first. I consider it a scam.
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    I don't know about concept art, but for animation-related jobs, i.e. animation, storyboarding, background painting, I found it impossible to get in. Canadian studios need to prove there are no Canadian candidates available, in order to get permission to hire a non-Canadian. There are quite a number of studios, like Corus who will not even try to hire an international.

There are not a lot of studios who will openly admit you will not make a chance, so everybody will be happily telling you they will be willing to eat themselves through the red tape required, that your work is industrial standard, give you their business cards and tell you to contact them for an interview or a test. They will not call you back. Both studios and schools are more than happy to paint a scene where internationals are welcome in The Land of Great Opportunities, but the truth is that Canadians go first. I consider it a scam.
    omg this is terrible >.< even went to a collect in canada ?
    Last edited by NormanWolf; January 22nd, 2018 at 10:43 AM.