Thanks

Question What is this worth?

I'm trying to figure out what I should be selling commissions at. This is what I can do. When I originally posted it, I figured I'd get a bunch of people at least interested in it. It's been a year, and I haven't had a single commission sold. I know that the biggest reason I haven't gotten a Commission is lack of good marketing. The work only has about 15 comments. I've posted on the jobs forums on Deviant Art twice, and both times, it seems like no one is interested.

My question is, what is the problem? I know plenty of Deviant artists that have similar work and have plenty of people buying commissions from them. Is there a better advertising platform than Deviant art?

Last question, what is the value of my art? I know that I'm never going to get an offer for what it's actually worth, but what should I be selling that kind of work for?

Thanks!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    People might want to see your own designs, not a pre-existing characters/situation. However, on DeviantArt I believe fanart is very popular, so I don't know why you haven't attracted more attention there.

Thanks
    The Link animation is really cool. But the rest of the stuff on your DA doesn't match it in quality. You need more examples in your portfolio of good work that people would see as an example of what a commission would look like from you.

I don't have any experience on the deviant commission thing, but I think portfolio is really important in general, and consistent posting on social media. You have to continuously post great work in order to gain traction. You can't just make one really cool thing once in a while and wait for everyone to find it.

I really don't think I can give your art a price tag, sorry!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeCowan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yea its cool but problem of selling fan-art is you are violating copyright, but it doesn't mean you cant get work if you put it in portfolio, look guys like Dave Raboza or Artgerm. I think you need more than one image

Thanks
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 935 Posts
    Who are you targetting? Animation studios want to see a lot more than one animation, and most other people want something they can hang on the wall, physically or digitally, so an animation is not going to work...
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog