Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beigney View Post
    You seem to talk a lot about gesture lol, yeah of course it's very important but knowing the bones and the muscles is also very important, at least for me, depending what type of art you are looking for i guess, but to me you can't practice enough of anatomy.
    Don't walk into gesture land and speak about other shit lol

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Puruishi View Post
    Don't walk into gesture land and speak about other shit lol Word of advice for those buying art  lessons online.
    something like that XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kangum View Post
    Neil has the tendency to draw the things he knows over and over again. He never does anything new to him. I wouldn't recommend him personally. also he makes many errors in his teaching. you cant teach anatomy to people if you dont really know what your talking about which he doesnt.
    I don't know Neil's personnally but what i feel after watching his course is that he seems proud of himself a bit too much and when you are like this i think it's difficult to get better or try new stuffs.

i didn't say Neil's course was perfect at all, the worst thing about his course is that he is gonna teach you something and 5 mins or 10 mins later will say, "oh finally maybe draw it like that, it did it wrong sorry" and you learned something that was not true, but in my case, it didn't bother me that much because like i said every muscle he put i checked in many different ressources in same time to see if he was accurate or not.

BUT it's really difficult to get a course about anatomy that is beginner friendly and in same time a bit more advanced, because seriously if a beginner start watching Glenn Villpuu he is gonna give up fast, he is far too advanced.

I also did the anatomy course from Aaron Blaise a few months ago, Aaron Blaise is an AWESOME artist but if you want to know anatomy, Neil's one show more stuffs for cheaper.

I'm sure that Aaron knows more about anatomy than Neil but he didn't show it in the course.
    Last edited by beigney; September 12th, 2018 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks
    I have lots of material by Vilppu and the biggest problem I have with him is He's like oh let me draw this arm and he scrawls out this arm in 30 seconds that looks better than what most could do in 4 hours. Im not faulting him for it just that everything he does looks effortless because hes done it so many times for so many years. He makes things look so easy that are so hard to actually do. I have a decent amount of material from Aaron Blaise as well thanks to a yearly membership to his site. I haven't come even close to going over everything he has.

Thanks
    I have lots of material by Vilppu and the biggest problem I have with him is He's like oh let me draw this arm and he scrawls out this arm in 30 seconds that looks better than what most could do in 4 hours. Im not faulting him for it just that everything he does looks effortless because hes done it so many times for so many years. He makes things look so easy that are so hard to actually do. I have a decent amount of material from Aaron Blaise as well thanks to a yearly membership to his site. I haven't come even close to going over everything he has.
    Would you then like to see teacher who is struggling with subject that you are trying to learn and end result would be worse than you can produce

Thanks
    You bring up some really good points. I've had my share of frustrated online tutorials also. I've fallen into this trap years ago and I felt like maybe I was missing something. I picked up a few photoshop tips but overall it wasn't worth the money.

I've been watching tutorials on Gnomon and some are great and some are just "watch me draw" so you have to filter through them. It's $50 a month but I figured I would watch them for two months or so and then cancel it.

Thanks
    Yeah i did lots of anatomy courses on the web, Vilppu is probably the best i think but he is far too advanced to really understand everything about what he does (a least for my level, especially when English is not your first langage like me). that's why i was thinking that Neil was not that bad because he tries to explain stuffs even he is far from being the best.

Now i'm member from new master academy (i already was a year ago but i could not understand anything) i'm following the anatomy course from Rey Bustos and he seems to really know his stuffs (i'm getting really better) and we can feel that he loves anatomy, it's motivating me to learn from him and i think it's a pretty solid step before trying Vilppu.

For Aaron Blaise, i've heard that his animation courses are very good, but yeah to me his anatomy one was not on point, basically a watch me draw and say a few stuffs about the fonction of the muscles (which i knew already from gym) but never showed where are their origin and insertion (which is the most interesting).For the head part of the course, as far as i remember he is gonna teach you pretty basic stuffs about how to draw eyes and mouth and nose but won't say anything about important muscles of the face like masseter. Would be awesome if he update this one day with more juicy stuffs.
    Last edited by beigney; September 25th, 2018 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks
    Guys, does anyone have any insights into Adam Duff's mentorship? He has really good art talks on his youtube channel
    I'm looking for a good quality mentorship in 2D art (preferably 1 on 1), so any recommendations are welcome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3