Anyone wanna challenge?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone wanna challenge?

Like many others, I need some inspiration and motivation so if anyone wants a challenge and I'll leave it open to anyone (even though I may be sinking myself) but, I love challenges... So, BRING IT!!!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

mythical god

I'll choose a topic. Create a mythic God, Greek or Roman. I would need one day to complete being that I dont have a scanner. You can create the drawing in whatever medium your heart desires... anyone in???? C'mon theres gotta be someone out there... I dont care who you are.... Actually, the bigger the "wig" the better the challenge for me....

Last edited by vigostar; November 5th, 2004 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If you want anyone to reply, you should clean up that last post.

And just for your information, #conceptart on thundercity is a good place to challenge people. get mirc and slap that glove around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Slash.. I just finished updating it... You wanna challenge Slash..? We can battle next week...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm up for a challenge... just tell me when to start and when to post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

mR camper...

Hey, camper... Lets go for it... You can set the tone... do you like the Gods Idea????? We should give eachother a week time frame.. Im trying to create some better artwork and would like to take my time.... Mythical God.. ROman or Greek..... any medium... Do next sunday....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent. Topic sounds fun to me and I'm happy with open media... since I'll probably be doing digital . A week works well for me. When you say Roman or Greek Mythical God I assume we can Make up our own or design our own interpretation of an existing god. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your right camper

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Proserpine

Pluto fell in love with Proserpine, and carried her off to the Underworld. Ceres searched everywhere, but couldn't find her. Eventually Ceres refused to let the plants grow any more, and everyone begun to die of hunger. So Pluto admitted he had Proserpine, but said she could only go back home if she had eaten none of the food of the Dead. Proserpine had eaten almost nothing, as she was so sad at being kept underground, but she had eaten six seeds from a pomergranate. So she could go home for six months every year, but had to return to her husband for the rest of the time. Ceres stopped everything growing when this happened. This is Winter.

This is my version of Proserpine
    Anyone wanna challenge?

Sketched in pencil and completed in pen.. Hope you guys enjoy... CC's are most welcome....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I have a bone to pick..

Ok, CAer's.. I have a bone to pick.. Not quite sure where to post this so Im posting here (beign that my subject matter is related). The more and more I come onto Conceptart these days, the more it makes me not want to be a part of it. I hear all these things about "how we should support eachother" or "how we need eachother to help us grow artistically". I read something that Joshua James wrote about this subject matter and the responses were amazing... I wonder if it were because Joshua James wrote it or because people actually believed it. I know that I have done three challenges. NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SEVEN PEOPLE VIEWED IT and there were only YWENTY FIVE TOTAL replies... c'mon guys and gals... How am I supposed to convince myself that coming onto conceptart and the Lovely artists that partake in this phenominal forum (and I mean that) are here to help me? I even started a sketchbook due to Joshua James's speech and I got 155 views and THREE replies.... I know that many of you are busy but, don't sell pipe dreams... Take the time and put in the effort to comment to all artists, not just the marko's, milligans, coros, steaktrons, etc.. EVERYONE!!!!!! Anyways.. thats my 2 cents.

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're not alone in your frustration, but I've given up worrying about it. A while back I asked why no one was replying, and I got beat down for my impudence. Then shortly thereafter I saw another guy do the same thing, and tons of ppl came out of the woodwork with sympathy and critiques, some quite glowing. The work was good and worthy of replies, but nothing ridiculously stellar and it was tough for me to figure out why ppl had been so harsh to me. I think a lot of it is luck, who happens to check out your thread, what sort of replies they leave. If the first reply you get is negative, ppl will be less inclined to say good things. Conversely, if one of the big boys stops in and says something nice, that's practically like opening the floodgates for praise and accolades. I think another factor is that even if you're a great artist, ppl will shy away from your work unless you really stand out. I'm happy with my rendering skills, though obviously there's always tons of room for improvement, but I've come to the realization that my stuff is too ordinary, and so my new quest has become to experiment in all different directions and see what ppl respond the most to. At the end of the day, accolades don't help us get better, and critiques don't particularly make us feel good, so I've realized agonizing over replies is really counter productive. When I post new work, I still check back frequently hoping someone will have replied...every artist likes to think that his work is at least interesting to someone...but I've ceased letting these threads be the ruler with which I measure myself. As amazing and professional as Conceptart is, this is still the internet, not the be-all and end-all of the world. I have improved by leaps and bounds since I started frequenting these forums, and it's NOT due to any critiques I've gotten, because they've been few and far between. It's simply from flooding my brain with all the amazing work on the site, participating in as many discussions as possible, and just really being anxious to learn and improve. My advice would be not to let your frustration steer you away from ConceptArt, because I truly believe that the things you can learn here in a matter of months far exceeds any art school.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, man Im with you on that one.. Im not giving up conceptart I wouldnt allow myself to do that... Im just speaking out... even though Im sure it wont do much difference... All, I can do is keep posting... And I have Conceptart to thank for my improvement also... In skill and motivation.... Movation being the larger of the two.... So, I guess we'll battle it out..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude the way I see things. When I post a thread and there hasn't been any comments after like 200 views or something, I look around for other threads with no comments, leave some love. Even if nothing comes your way, you aren't a hypocrit when you complain.

And like my challenge thread got 1800 views. Only three or four people outside of the challenge commented, but hell, thats 1800 views. Something to be proud about if I must say so. So, even if people aren't commenting, just keep posting new stuff on it, more people will see it, and more people will know your stuff.

You have to build your reputation, the big dogs have for the most part been here for awhile, and everyone knows them. Just keep throwing down, and make people see you.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.