Thanks

I made a new way to buy and sell digital artwork

I have been working on this startup for over a year and feel it is now ready to launch (or at least go into a public beta). Basically, if you are looking to sell digital artwork and build a digital portfolio that makes money, I suggest you check out Pepfolio: https://www.pepfolio.com.

It's a way to upload high quality artwork for free, and sell it with no commission taken out. Instead it's marked up by a small percentage, meaning the buyer pays, and you don't.

Pepfolio is also partnered with a highly rated printing service, meaning all artwork uploaded can be printed on an array of products and materials (mainly posters and canvases). You don't have to worry about printing stuff yourself or paying for materials. Just create your art, upload it, and start making fat stacks. (ATM, orders are only being shipped to the US, however this will be updated in the future)

Pepfolio also has a quality standard on the site, meaning your work will not be buried by low quality work or poor MS paint scribbles. You put time and effort into your work, so why should some kids MS Paint scribbles be shown first instead of yours?

Anyway, just wanted to share this. Hopefully you guys will take a look at it, and maybe upload some of your work. Oh, and it's completely free. Thanks for reading!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,674 Times in 4,587 Posts

Thanks
    I winder how devinantart gets away with it. But definitivelye fan art needs a license to be sold legally

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AbrahamMireles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Currently you have fan art, not original IP
    I am looking to get users to post their own IPs. This isn't supposed to be some sort of a personal shop for me, it's for anyone to use. I just threw the stuff I made in the past up there because I need an example to show new artists. Please feel free to sign up and add your own work to help make the sites content more diverse.

Thanks
    The fan art is just meant to be an example for the store front for new user, but I understand your point. I didn't have any original IPs to upload to the site, so I just put up whatever I had made that was higher quality. Feel free to sign up and upload some of the stuff that you feel is original content and are willing to sell to make the content more diverse.

Thanks
    ...then you're violating your own Terms & Service conditions.
    That's not a confidence builder.

Thanks
    ?How much comission do you take?

Thanks
    This sounds like a good idea and I tried making an account, but I don't feel comfortable giving my bank account and routing number, and my social security number right off the bat. Could you rig this so it can connect to PayPal or something?

Also your 'fan art' is not even fan art. they're movie posters with some kind of photo filter. In other words, it's not your art. You need to fix that immediately.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentlessArtist View Post
    ?How much comission do you take?
    None, artwork is marked up by a small percentage, meaning if you sell something for say $5, then you will make $5. Anyone who chooses to purchase the artwork will pay an additional percentage ($0.25 for example), meaning the site doesn't take money directly out of your profits.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCowan View Post
    This sounds like a good idea and I tried making an account, but I don't feel comfortable giving my bank account and routing number, and my social security number right off the bat. Could you rig this so it can connect to PayPal or something?

Also your 'fan art' is not even fan art. they're movie posters with some kind of photo filter. In other words, it's not your art. You need to fix that immediately.
    I should have thought of that from the get-go, I will look into PayPal integration immediately. I use the current system now (Stripe, similar to PayPal) because it is extremely easy to break up payments between the artists, the website, and the printers, but I will look into PayPal. You can still upload artwork if you would like, they just won't be posted on the store front for now, but when you choose to link an account, they will show up right away
    In terms of artwork, I am working on some new pieces to put up onto the site. Feel free to start posting your work to help grow the site and make the content more diverse.

In terms of the images, I am currently working on some original designs to put up on the site.