Thanks

Not drawing consistently well

I think I painted some of my best works yesterday. I was able to sketch full poses completely from my imagination and add the kind of details that none of my paintings or drawings have ever had before. Today, I seem to have forgotten how to even draw a basic human figure. I painted a super airbrushed-looking painting that looks like something 2012 Me could've done and a face that belongs in that same category (it looked good when I made it, but now looking at it... it's not great.)

I also have this irrational fear that I might forget how to draw, because I've never been very analytical about any of my drawing or painting... I just kind of wing it for the most part without thinking too much about what I'm doing; I just work on it until it "looks right". Does any of this sound familiar to any of you? Or am I going crazy?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It's normal, I think everyone has those moments especially when you reach a mile point. Funny because your topic reminded me at the times when I used to game a lot. I was very good with shooter games like Battlefield and Call Of Duty. Every time when a new game was released I bought and played it online against other players. In the beginning I always got bad but when I got to know the game better I nearly always ranked in the first place with the highest score and kill death ratio at the end of the match. Whenever I got into it I always asked myself "is this luck?", "what if I never become good" there always was that moment and from there I always rank 1st or in the top 3. Often I had bad games in which I totally sucked but thats normal.

You see it's normal, I used my gaming experience as an example but it could apply to any skill. Sometimes your drawings will be good sometimes they'll suck. If you painted amazing paintings before you still can do it. Don't spend too much time on this negative thinking, get distracted go out, do something else for a couple days.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezball For This Useful Post: