Thanks

"I would like to stay" by P. Ezechiele

Name:  Vorrei-restare-11-2017-1024x673.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  317.3 KB

I did my best to represent the landscape from my imagination, making a sketch directly with the pencil on the board, then revised and finally painted. The small column of stones represents the inner part of the people crossing this place, they would have liked to contemplate the existence.

Talking about the result.. sincerely, i feel like it's something wrong with my painting, can you help me understand how I can do a better result to help me express my imagination on a painting? thank you very much.

The real size is 40,5 x 61 cm

-.-°-.-° http://www.patrickezechieleart.com °-.-°-.-

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You can tell it's from imagination because the shapes you've designed for everything are very literal. Triangles for mountains.

go outside and observe. Paint from life if you can (and you can). There is more beauty and variety in one square inch of nature than you can even imagine. All you have to do is look for it.

If youre serious about being a landscape painter I believe you must do this. If you don't care, carry on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeCowan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,674 Times in 4,587 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Try to think about composition before even commencing.
    Thumpnails are good for this as it is pretty fast to do and is small enough so you see only whats important

Thanks
    it's a great piece i like it but it comes across pastel like. soft colors and lacks a bit of depth because of the like colors used. the trees and the leaves show the depth with the leaves being darker same with the grass but the hillside seems lacking in the darker hues.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCowan View Post
    You can tell it's from imagination because the shapes you've designed for everything are very literal. Triangles for mountains.

go outside and observe. Paint from life if you can (and you can). There is more beauty and variety in one square inch of nature than you can even imagine. All you have to do is look for it.

If youre serious about being a landscape painter I believe you must do this. If you don't care, carry on.
    No, it's almost 1 year that I can't go aniwhere becouse of my healt situation, I have problems with my back. But i'm observing a lot that some times I can do a little walk outside.. i have don some sketches and some paintings in plein air.. i watch photographs to help me out but plein air is not my goal! I will be serious in painting directly from my inner world.. so when I'll be better with my situation I can go more times study the nature to help myself realize paintings from my inner nature. What do you think?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Try to think about composition before even commencing.
    My dear, i start sketching in miniatures with a pencil trying to create something to le my imagination flow. Then I go in the composition part but we have always something to lear aniway.. can you tell me what's wrong with this composition? thank you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stonec View Post
    Thumpnails are good for this as it is pretty fast to do and is small enough so you see only whats important
    I already do that! so it's all from my inner part.. pretty hard to exclude somthing.. maybe i need more time to understand how to do that better

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by May Roze View Post
    it's a great piece i like it but it comes across pastel like. soft colors and lacks a bit of depth because of the like colors used. the trees and the leaves show the depth with the leaves being darker same with the grass but the hillside seems lacking in the darker hues.
    Thank you very much, and this make me happy couse i feel this mistakes too.. now i'm learning how to avoid that in the next painting!! thank you very much!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickEzechiele View Post
    No, it's almost 1 year that I can't go aniwhere becouse of my healt situation, I have problems with my back. But i'm observing a lot that some times I can do a little walk outside.. i have don some sketches and some paintings in plein air.. i watch photographs to help me out but plein air is not my goal! I will be serious in painting directly from my inner world.. so when I'll be better with my situation I can go more times study the nature to help myself realize paintings from my inner nature. What do you think?
    I hope you get better soon. Plein air doesn't need to be your goal, but I believe observing nature is essential for being able to paint it. You might try observing or sketching/painting through your window. It probably won't be so picturesque a scene, but the colors of the sun and the sky will be there. Good luck!

Thanks

Nice suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCowan View Post
    I hope you get better soon. Plein air doesn't need to be your goal, but I believe observing nature is essential for being able to paint it. You might try observing or sketching/painting through your window. It probably won't be so picturesque a scene, but the colors of the sun and the sky will be there. Good luck!
    Thank you, that's a nice suggestion.. I live in a valley and really i have a lot of things to observe here.. i better go learning more of this things to be more effective in my paintings. Thank you very much!