Thanks

My composed tunes/themes

I am a beginner when it comes to composing and this is a topic where I am going to share tunes I have made. They are, from my perspective, compelling and amazing tunes/themes I hear in my mind and I have tried my best to articulate these tunes. When I listen to these tunes, they do convey powerful emotion, scenes, personalities, and are great tunes from my perspective. Not just because of the instrument I am using, but it's the actual melodies themselves that convey a powerful, great, and catchy tune from my perspective. But I don't know what it would be like for people on their end. I don't know if they would perceive nothing but mere ruckus such as random notes that don't convey any personality/scene or if they would perceive a completely bland, stale, or mediocre personality. But, then again, they could actually perceive these tunes how I am perceiving them. That's what I am here to find out.

I did learn a little bit about music theory and I tried my best to use what knowledge I had to articulate these amazing tunes I hear in my mind. With this being said, I will present my tunes. Go ahead and respond to them in regards to what you think of them. But first, I would like to say one last thing here which is very important. I am not joking and I am very serious when creating these tunes and describing what they convey to me. If anyone sees my tunes as nothing more than mere ruckus as I've explained earlier, then perhaps it is the way I have articulated these tunes. I might have not articulated them well even though I may not realize it. I have made up some funny comedy scenes that I thought were great. If I were to share these scenes and others also think they are great, then this means that I have a great comedy talent. From there, it could be very likely that I have a great composing talent as well and that the themes I hear in my mind are also great. But the reason why I am able to easily and perfectly articulate my comedy scenes is only because I know the English language.

When it comes to making music and trying to articulate the themes I hear in my mind, that is a whole different story. I have not yet learned the musical language. It would be no different than someone who has only learned very little in regards to speaking Spanish. That person would not be able to speak Spanish very well. I was so excited over these amazing themes I hear in my mind that I just wanted to share them right here and now using the little knowledge of music theory I subsequently acquired. I thought that by just simply doing my best to arrange the notes and whatnot how I hear them, that this would allow others to hear these tunes for what they really are.

I guess I was wrong on this and that it really does require full training and knowledge in music in order to convey your songs and tunes accurately. Lastly, even if my comedy scenes were not great like I think they are, it could still be possible that the themes I hear really are great. You never know and I just have to prove it one day. It could be possible that I am like those American Idol singers who think their singing is great and that it conveys profound and powerful emotion when it never did. Or, I could truly have something great here. I keep an open mind and this is actually a noble quest for truth. After all, I think I have created great comedy scenes without any knowledge of comedy. I was just using my own inspiration and imagination. So, it was just my own natural instincts that have allowed me to come up with great comedy scenes. The same idea could very well apply with creating these great tunes in my mind.

Actually, let me share something very interesting which I think reveals what is really going on here. There was a moment where I created a certain tune in FL Studio that I thought matched the tune I heard in my mind and when I first listened to that tune, it did really seem to match the tune in my mind. But, later on, when I listened to that same tune again, it did appear as a bunch of random notes. But all of a sudden, my mind "fixed" that tune to match the real tune I heard in my mind. Now, when I listen to my created tunes, I can no longer perceive them as the random notes that they really are. I can only perceive them how they really are in my mind since my mind automatically "fixes" them. This "fix" seems to be permanent now. Therefore, my brain seems to fix any sort of random tune and make it into a beautiful and amazing masterpiece. The brain is an amazing thing and it can do this. Especially the brains of autistic savants. I, myself, have been diagnosed with autism.

Unfortunately, this puts me at a great disadvantage since I wish to share my music and tunes for what they really are and not sharing random/incoherent tunes that my mind has fixed. To conclude this packet, I have shared my music with other professional musicians. They said that my music is not real music at all and that it is all just a bunch of random notes. I find it quite strange because, from my perspective, I am in a whole new atmosphere when I listen to these tunes. I am taken on a beautiful, awesome, and magnificent journey. It would really be no different than if I listened to some amazing or inspiring tune created by a savant. As a matter of fact, I did not just place in a bunch of random notes and simply called it a tune. I have worked a long time in trying to place the notes in the right position just as how I envision/hear the tunes in my mind.

But it has all failed which means that I need to have full knowledge and training in music in order to accurately convey the real tunes I hear in my mind. Lastly, as for my comedy scenes, they are on separate packets. I wouldn't call these comedy scenes magnificent, but I do think they are great and comical. If these scenes truly are great, then you should take that as well as me having autism into deep consideration because these tunes I hear in my mind could also be truly great and that I am just not good at conveying them. According to my worldview/philosophy which I explain on a separate packet, I wouldn't be perceiving them as great in the absence of my positive emotions. I would just be having the idea of them being great and I would only be able to have the idea of them being complete garbage or crap in the absence of my negative emotions if I kept an open mind towards that idea.

With all of this out of the way, I will just share these tunes anyway:

Last edited by Black Spot; November 17th, 2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Links removed

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 763 Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggeraz View Post
    Troll harder.
    I am not trolling. Perhaps it is the way I've articulated these tunes then. Because I am definitely sure these are great tunes I hear in my mind. So, I think what needs work is my way of articulating these tunes because that could be the whole problem here.

Thanks
    I think you are, as this forum is more geared towards visual arts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stonec View Post
    I think you are, as this forum is more geared towards visual arts
    I thought it was a forum for all artists in general.

Thanks
    I would like to say one last thing here which is very important here. I am not joking here as I said before and I am very serious when creating these tunes and describing what they convey to me. If anyone sees my tunes as nothing more than mere ruckus as I've explained earlier, then perhaps it is the way I have articulated these tunes. I might have not articulated them well even though I may not realize it. I have made up some funny comedy scenes that I thought were great. If I were to share these scenes and others also think they are great, then this means that I have a great comedy talent. From there, it could be very likely that I have a great composing talent as well and that the themes I hear in my mind are also great. But the reason why I am able to easily and perfectly articulate my comedy scenes is only because I know the English language. When it comes to making music and trying to articulate the themes I hear in my mind, that is a whole different story. I have not yet learned the musical language. It would be no different than someone who has only learned very little in regards to speaking Spanish. That person would not be able to speak Spanish very well.

I was so excited over these amazing themes I hear in my mind that I just wanted to share them right here and now using the little knowledge of music theory I subsequently acquired. I thought that by just simply doing my best to arrange the notes and whatnot how I hear them, that this would allow others to hear these tunes for what they really are. I guess I was wrong on this and that it really does require full training and knowledge in music in order to convey your songs and tunes accurately. Lastly, even if my comedy scenes were not great like I think they are, it could still be possible that the themes I hear really are great. You never know and I just have to prove it one day. It could be possible that I am like those American Idol singers who think their singing is great and that it conveys profound and powerful emotion when it never did. Or, I could truly have something great here. I keep an open mind and this is actually a noble quest for truth. After all, I think I have created great comedy scenes without any knowledge of comedy. I was just using my own inspiration and imagination. So, it was just my own natural instincts that have allowed me to come up with great comedy scenes. The same idea could very well apply with creating these great tunes in my mind.
    Last edited by MattMVS7; November 17th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    You're either delusional, or joking, I choose to believe this is a joke. What you've done can be achieved in FL studio by hitting random notes and quantizing them. Theres nothing, in terms of musicality or production that is even remotely competent, but you know that, because this is a joke.

Just gunna leave this here
    http://www.zeldainformer.com/the-maj...c-of-mattmvs7/
    Last edited by tenchi24; November 17th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tenchi24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchi24 View Post
    You're either delusional, or joking, I choose to believe this is a joke. What you've done can be achieved in FL studio by hitting random notes and quantizing them. Theres nothing, in terms of musicality or production that is even remotely competent, but you know that, because this is a joke.
    I think you might have missed the recent information I have edited into my opening post. It gives you and others further insight into how this isn't a joke and it also explains some more things.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 763 Posts
    Get a job and go outside more.
    Being devoted to your joke is one thing, but this is just getting sad.

edit;
    Never mind. I took a moment to search up your name and the results were rather interesting.
    Last edited by Tiggeraz; November 17th, 2017 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks
    Actually, let me share something very interesting which I think reveals what is really going on here. There was a moment where I created a certain tune in FL Studio that I thought matched the tune I heard in my mind and when I first listened to that tune, it did really seem to match the tune in my mind. But, later on, when I listened to that same tune again, it did appear as a bunch of random notes. But all of a sudden, my mind "fixed" that tune to match the real tune I heard in my mind. Now, when I listen to my created tunes, I can no longer perceive them as the random notes that they really are. I can only perceive them how they really are in my mind since my mind automatically "fixes" them. This "fix" seems to be permanent now. Therefore, my brain seems to fix any sort of random tune and make it into a beautiful and amazing masterpiece. The brain is an amazing thing and it can do this. Especially the brains of autistic savants. I, myself, have been diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, this puts me at a great disadvantage since I wish to share my music and tunes for what they really are and not sharing random/incoherent tunes that my mind has fixed.
    Last edited by MattMVS7; November 17th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks
    Okay well first of all this forum is indeed for visual art.

I kind of like your tunes though. I compose music, too. As complete pieces both are undeveloped, just repeating the melody, but it's kind of a neat melody. It's kind of angular, bizarre, never heard anything quite like it, harmony-wise.

The reason everyone is calling them random notes, is because you haven't developed any context for the melody to fit into. This is what musical training would enable you to do.

I don't know what you mean by your brain fixing the tunes, but if you want to be able to accurately put down to paper any melody in your head, learn Solfege and be able to sing all of the intervals between notes (Major third, minor third, fourths etc. etc.). This language is what enable musicians to not only sing a line of music they haven't heard by putting the pitches relative to "Do", but to write down melodies that they hear (in your case that you hear in your head).

Of course you would also need to know notation as well. All of this could take a very....very long time. But if you're interested I guess you could start here: musictheory.net

Thanks
    Thanked 6,674 Times in 4,587 Posts
    Links removed. This forum is for artists who draw and paint. We've had a few who also have shared their music. Don't unless you draw - you're just wasting everyone's time. Thread closed.