Thanks

Unhappy Forum colour scheme really hard on the eyes

I know this isn't really a support thing - the forums, as far as I can see, are mostly functional - but I don't know where else to put this.

I love these forums and the community behind them (even though I'm not around much) but they're really REALLY hard to read. I'm not sure if there's been some change / hacking issue since the last time I was in, because while I do remember having trouble before, it surely can't have been this bad.

The main issues are:
    • Off-black text on a mid-brown background
    • Grey highlighted text (e.g. 'followed' hyperlink, subforum speech bubbles, much of the settings page) almost invisible against the same background
    • Green and orange icons clashing wildly with brown background
    • Post header (containing username / avatar / profile info) a very slightly different brown to the brown background
    • Text very wide with no margins. This is unavoidable, because we need space to post art, but added to the above text colour it makes concentrating on text posts very hard.

Please, could something be done to fix this? Even lightening the background of the posts and forum section by would make a difference. From a readability / accessibility point of view this forum's a nightmare.
    Last edited by LongLiveHumour; September 12th, 2017 at 06:30 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,440 Times in 4,441 Posts
    I've been slowly changing stuff, but it's hard to find where all the stuff is. If you scroll down there is Old School Version, which I have been working on, but haven't finished.

Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply! I hadn't realised that style changer was down there. The Old School version does look better (the margins and increased text sizes are a blessing). I'll switch to Default Style 2 and wait patiently. And again, cheers!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    I've been slowly changing stuff, but it's hard to find where all the stuff is. If you scroll down there is Old School Version, which I have been working on, but haven't finished.
    Upgrade the vbulletin forum software to the latest version, center the page in the middle of the screen. The colors etc. can all be tweaked from the admin panel of vbulletin. IMHO the forum would look better if you used the same color scheme as the website.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,440 Times in 4,441 Posts
    1 - I don't have permission to update VB
    2 - Finding stuff in the admin panel can take several hours for just one little tweak
    3 - What website?