Thanks

i want to start freelancing.

dudes, it has come to me that i need a job...to make money for a car, dates, games, computer upgrades. you know...

so since many of you freelance to do conceptart for people and get paid...
    i was interested. tell me what it usually takes to do freelance conceptart.
    i understand it takes creativity and skill. but there may be some other things to it.

also, how will i recieve my money? paycheck mailed to me? deposits through the internet?

tell me what you know of freelancing.
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    First, you need a perfect body clock and your self-motivation.
    Second, you need connections to your jobs.
    I cannot offer anymore opinions because I'm stucking on the second one...

Thanks
    I freelance on the side, nothing major, I just finished a corporate identity design contract for a major oil company but chances are I will only pull off one more job this year which is fine because I work full time as well as full time university.

And yes I am sponsored by Starbucks, sleep? Who sleeps?

I wouldn't suggest just freelancing until you have established some serious long term contracts, but as it was previously said if you have the internal clock and the ability to network daily to drum up more and more work it can be done.

Thanks
    hmmm, sounds more complicated than i expected...
    i do have sort of nternal clock thing, i know when to wake up for school, eat food, etc. we all do. but that's off the point. well, i was thinking i could do that since i don't have any chances of getting jobs at stores and resturaunts close to my house. so i thought i could freelance.

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Muffin you still can, I think what we were talking about is because you are not on a regular 9-5 schedule (then again most people are not) you have to be able to judge how much time each aspect of the process is going to take you in order for you to 1. be effective and 2. on schedule.

I think it is the same as most people who open their own businesses expecting all of this extra time now they are not work'n 9-5, lol what I would give.

I say you still go for it Muffin.

Now all you have to do is hook some clients.

Thanks
    yeah, my graphic design class at school. is like that...ever since my teacher ran out of assignments for us to do..he insisted that we look for work. i't like doing a real job. so that kinda gives me training.
    still i'm wondering how much i would get paid doing this, how i would recieve my money...

Thanks
    hey i know what u mean about the freelance but i wouldnt worry about it, id get a regualr job for now and that should cover all your costs, to be honest and i dont mean to sound rude or anything but ur not really ready to be working in the industry or freelancing. Just keep workin at it and im not sure if u go to art college but defietly look into it, you will be ready in no time plus if u keep posting on here, eventually you will get offers, ive had a few just from posting on the forums. good luck
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    hmmm, i geuss i'll just try and get good and use my creativity to the fullest.
    hopefully some dude will ask me do a favor.
    i don't go to college, yet.
    i got some things planned out.
    ...i sitll need a wacom tablet... (my brother shared it with me...he went away to college for the next two years)