Thanks

Best choice to study concept art.

Hi everyone. I`m finishing school next year and would like to be concept artist. I looked for a lot of schools but most of them are in USA. Are they better or just different then the ones in Europe? Maybe it`s better to go for just courses or they don`t give as much info as universities? Thanks in advance.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Where do you live? There's one in montreal called Syn Studio, it's a 1.5 year program and they only accept like 20 students a year. There's a really good couple of individual courses in US - Los Angeles Brainstorm School and Concept Design Academy but going there is a pain in the ass unless you can get a visa to stay for a while and they don't give it out. I'm also interested so if you know of any please let me know. Oh yeah there's also one of the best if not the best english speaking academy for concept art in the world in Singapore, FZD school, look it up, pretty expensive though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eey View Post
    Oh yeah there's also one of the best if not the best english speaking academy for concept art in the world in Singapore, FZD school, look it up, pretty expensive though.
    What makes you believe FZD is so good?
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    What makes you believe FZD is so good?
    The student work is pretty impressive. The program is ridiculously intense and I believe that sure as hell can make anyone that is committed improve a whole lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eey View Post
    The student work is pretty impressive. The program is ridiculously intense and I believe that sure as hell can make anyone that is committed improve a whole lot.
    This does not necessarily mean the school is good, maybe it is just the students accepted are good, or they show the work of the few people that do not drop out?
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

Thanks
    I live in Ukraine. So preferably I want to find something in Europe but US is also ok

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    This does not necessarily mean the school is good, maybe it is just the students accepted are good, or they show the work of the few people that do not drop out?
    Sure but many schools cherry pick their best students works, you never know but still, it's a decent indicative compared to other schools I've seen. Also, they showcase the before and after of some of their students so their improvement is palpable, some go from complete beginners to fairly great stuff. Also, you seem to have omitted out that I also mentioned how intense it is, as far as I've seen there's no other school that would push you as much as FZD and I beleive that can be pretty great for the right people.