Thanks

Intous Good for Beginners?

Hey everyone, thanks for being such a supportive community for a new, budding artist to be a part of. I feel great every time I log on here.

Lately I have been contemplating doing some graphics work on a tablet. I used to do some doodling on my Ipad that I quite enjoyed, but it really isn't good enough for anything precise. I have a friend who uses a Wacom tablet, and seeing as there is a whole sub forum on here dedicated to them then they must be good. Looking online their seems to be a lot of different tablets they offer (especially if you are looking at older, used tablets like I am) but it seems that the Intous line are pretty good for beginners. I was thinking maybe of getting the Draw, or the small Art version. Is this a good idea, or should I spend more/less on my first graphics tablet? Any general advice would be appreciated at well. Thanks in advance ConceptArt!

I took the advice from Modi to heart, and looked for a medium Intous tablet instead of a small one. Luckily I found a really reasonably priced Intous for sale on https://www.for-sale.ie/wacom-intuos that included a wireless mouse and case. Yesterday I met with the seller and after trying it for a couple minutes I love it, and I am already making some great designs on it (especially for my D&D character!). Thanks for the help ConceptArt, can't wait until I have some designs to share with you all
    Last edited by BobsPassion; July 29th, 2017 at 04:26 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Intuos are fine.. I am still using an older one. If you can swing it - get a medium sized one.. on the 8x6 scale. Check fleabay or local selling sites. I personally started out with a small Bamboo 4x3 because it was super cheap and on sale.. that did fine for a while, but the cramp space led to issues for me going from the small pad to my big monitor.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by modi123 View Post
    Intuos are fine.. I am still using an older one. If you can swing it - get a medium sized one.. on the 8x6 scale. Check fleabay or local selling sites. I personally started out with a small Bamboo 4x3 because it was super cheap and on sale.. that did fine for a while, but the cramp space led to issues for me going from the small pad to my big monitor.
    Cool, good to know I am looking in the right direction. I think I saw some used ones for sale around where I live, I will have to check it out again and look for a medium one. Thank you

Thanks
    I was able to try Intuos Draw and all I can say is that it is very efficient and easy to use for beginners. It's kinda disorienting to draw at first but once you get the hang of it you'll pretty much do better.

Thanks
    I was using Bamboo but Intuos is definitely bigger so I switched.