Thanks

Mostly worried about the perspective in this

This is the first time actually making something that isn't just little scattered pieces of practice. Been a real learning experience for me! I'm not sure if the perspective is working and I'm trying to improve the values, I put in a second picture where i was thinking I should add darker values. Any other critique would be great too!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,386 Times in 2,660 Posts
    you are not actually looking up at her even though the view is from the ground you're seeing a side view of the woman. Perspective is off on the tents and the balloons. Establish the vanishing points and station points and work out the perspective correctly instead of just making it up and winging it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you, I don't know what I was trying to accomplish without proper vanishing points. I made an attempt but it wasn't that thought out and I was also using on point perspective. I'm still in beginning stages, except the ground and sky I think I started finishing up, so I'll try to work out the perspective and fix it. I extended my canvas and added two point perspective and tried to work out the correct angles of the girl and the balloons so far and then work on the tents. Sorry it's a mess, but does this seem better so far?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Why did you cut off the ground? I think you have to add it to your perspective scheme as well. You seem to have too pictures going on cut off at the horizon line. When you look at the ground the viewer seems to be really low. Then you look up and the girl seems to be the same level as the viewer.

Your scheme is not working either, the girl is not fitting in the cube right.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh I didn't cut off the ground, was just cropped a little to focus on correcting the girl. Its still there though.

And yes your right, I'm pretty new to the 'whole picture' thing and really messed up my perspective. After making the cube I was going to correct the girl but realized it would be better to just redo her completely and removed her. Now i can start fresh and correct the rest of the perspective in the picture.

I'm working two jobs right now so going to probably be a while, whenever there's time I'll work on it and hopefully I can get a chance to post it for more critques! Thank you!

Thanks
    I think you had better use 3-point-perspective here, because I suppose we should be looking up. So it should look something like this:

Name:  img2.png
Views: 537
Size:  195.8 KB

Name:  persp6.png
Views: 548
Size:  86.9 KB
    Last edited by themax; June 19th, 2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: grammar

10. The Following User Says Thank You to themax For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Would of never thought of that. I'll make an attempt at the 3 point perspective.

Thank you so much for taking the time to really lay it out for me, its good to have some real critique from people that know what they're talking about. It's amazing the things you miss when you still have so much to learn.