Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    @BobbyRebholz - I love the single leg and those awesome wing shapes.

@Lege1 - That is truly horrifying. I like the lamprey mouth, and it seems almost like it's creating the noxious atmosphere of the cave with its breath. Watch out for wing-to-body ratios, because it's difficult to believe this thing could fly at the moment, if that was your intention. Also, you added bats for scale, but the ones in the background are almost the same size as those in the foreground. Punching up that scale difference should help a lot. Nice work!

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  128.5 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aburnier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Name:  382_WIP1.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  262.7 KB

A little late on this, but I will get this completed by Monday's due date.

Here's the thumbnail I settled on that I did a quick digital brainstorming over. Hoping to have another WIP by tonight so tomorrow is just working towards a finish.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DalrekDavis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Name:  382_WIP2.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  31.0 KB

WIP 2: Tinkering with shapes and throwing some quick value down.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DalrekDavis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Aburnier: Yes! You hit the nail on the head with the sea lamprey mouth. They are such nasty creatures, like the larger version of a leech, so I thought this would be a great concept to introduce because it would indeed be terrifying to be cave dwelling and then have this thing jump out at your face. I like the wormy kinda look as well as it has to navigate well in the cave environment. Initially I intended the wings to be more of a feature for the creature to be able to glide, but good call on the larger to fly thing, so I made them a tad bit bigger. The scale on the bats was definitely needed and thanks for pointing that out as well. I feel the scale thing reads a lot better now that adjustments have been made. All in all, this was a great image that I really enjoyed working on as I do all the other images I work on. I am constantly experimenting with process and style so I feel I have a new look every week,lol. I am definitely more into the painterly look though and having lots of nice looseness to the piece while trying tighten the focal points using edges, value, and color saturation. Little by little I am getting more to where I want to be in my image making no doubt. This was my first time using a direct approach where I just jump in and start painting with no specific steps in place, from a sketch then to just blocking in color on a normal layer and going to town with it. Your image came out great as well man, big fan of this one. I really love the way you treated the environment and how gave one hell of a show with the lighting effect from the torch along with the creature being quite the winged horror and the victim being shocked out of his mind to encounter such a beast; on the other hand, his buddies in the back ground look like they don't give much of a shyt that their boy is in trouble. Great image indeed man and really glad you jumped in on this round. Hopefully you can get some more work in even if it's just a w.i.p. here and there. Also, congrats on the new job, I hope that goes great for you! Thanks again for the crits and glad you liked my image. Means a lot.

Scorge: Phenomenal work as always, I really like the lighting on this one and the over all design. The back ground is really impressive too, I love the detail of that little waterfall back there. Great work as always, and the green venom dripping from it's mouth and splashing on the floor was a great addition to seal the deal on the concept.

BobbyRebholz: Looking forward to seeing your image develop out more. So far it's looking good. I always love the thumbs you put out, they are very futuristic but still with a classical feel. Very nice stuff.

Thanks
    This isn't finished yet but I decided to go with the long face I sketched in the thumbnails. There's just something creepy about it. I still need to add in a lot of the details like finishing the teeth, wrinkles, etc. plus getting the values in.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bobby Rebholz; May 14th, 2017 at 09:39 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Rebholz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    BobbyRebholz: Coming a long nice man. That head style is where it is at, very nasty to be confronted by something like this no doubt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2