Thanks

iPad Pro ideal memory size question

Hello there. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some useful feedback about their usage of a tablet?
    I wanna buy an iPad Pro to do digital drawings/ paintings on and I'm wondering what you might recommend for the memory size? There's the 32gb, 128gb and 256gb.
    I expect to produce about 2 drawings per week, maybe take some photos here and there (say 5 a week?)

I have no clue what's best for me here so I was hoping to hear from someone who has experience with this.

I don't mind if I have to download all the content from my iPad once a year say, I just don't want to find myself having to do it every 2 months.

Thanks for any feedback.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I advocate sticking away from the 32gb drive. 128 would be okay, but if you can spring for 256 that would be better to getting to your 'download once a year'.. though you should be, at minimum, backing up once a month to an external and/or cloud based storage.

You are looking at the bigger one, right?
    My commentary is a gift to you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifat Glassman View Post
    I expect to produce about 2 drawings per week, maybe take some photos here and there (say 5 a week?)
    You consider shelling out $1000 for a device that allows you to make 2 drawings a week and a fistful of pictures? Buy a sketchbook and a simple camera...
    Grinnikend door het leven...

Sketchbook Blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eezacque View Post
    You consider shelling out $1000 for a device that allows you to make 2 drawings a week and a fistful of pictures? Buy a sketchbook and a simple camera...

What ? No... There are things you can do with the iPad you can't do with a normal sketchbook. You can bring references with you, you can paint in color without needing actual paint, you can work in layers, you can... well basically do everything that digital media allows you to do. So what if I only make 2 drawings per week or less? It's not about the quantity. It's about how well it serves me.

One thing I look forward to is the ability to try to troubleshoot my oil paintings by taking their picture and manipulating it on the iPad. Change color selectively, move elements around, darken or lighten areas - it's a powerful way to make quick changes and see how it looks like without having to do it in real life.

Another thing I look forward to is the ability to use it for some of the things I'm learning at a class about light and color at Schoolism. They have a way of starting from a scene under overcast lighting and changing it to different lighting conditions.

But, I can't tell for sure how much and what I will use it for. It depends on how comfortable I become with using it. But I really look forward to having it.