Thread: AUGUST

Thanks

AUGUST

playing with mixing on painting, i finding its easier to get the hues , it does take some time to adjust but its now paying off

this painting is still in progress and about half way done but you can see the idea

acrylic on board 30x24 called August, the horizon is level used my ipad for the photo

https://www.facebook.com/richard.kurek.ART
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RangerX; April 28th, 2017 at 08:45 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It's very nicely painted! It does look serene. But as a composition is it a bit boring. I mean, there is very little really in the painting of visual interest. Simple compositions can work really well, but maybe it just didn't work as well this time. I think you could leave the ground the same, and really emphasize the vastness and peacefulness of it by contrasting it with a more interesting cloud pattern in the sky. Anyway, my feedback is that it's a perfectly good painting, but maybe not your finest composition.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeCowan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Beautiful painting, but as JoeCowan said, the clouds could be better, to me it also seems like they are skewed unnaturally as well. Unless we were standing at the edge of the field, we wouldn't be able to see the side of the wheat. I think if you made it look like we're standing right in the middle of the wheat it would be better because at the moment that spot in the bottom right is just a bit too dark and distracting. Again, as JoeCowan said, the vastness of the landscape could be more emphasized for a more striking painting.
    If you want to use these suggestions is up to you, I don't know what kind of mood you intended the painting to have. Also, it might be based on a photograph, but in that case it's fine to take some artistic liberties to make the scene more interesting. If you were going for a peaceful wheat field scene for example, you should show more of the bright blue sky, and make the wheat more golden as if reflecting strong sunlight. Your horizon should also be lighter colored if this were to be a bright sunny day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PhanThom-art For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    understood as you see it it was about 40% done i worked on the middle section giving it more depth and the rain on the mountains stronger , it's odd here in Montreal its an abstract city ,so my goal was to keep it simple and look good in a frame not much more than that

thanks for the input

Thanks
    actually the clouds are photo i took regardless thanks
    your input has a lot of value for me . i listen well and learn fast
    Last edited by RangerX; May 1st, 2017 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks
    one thing about the clouds the photo is off angle ipad thing i did try to upload another pic couldnt find how to do this , i use my ipad just easier, color also effected
    still thanks for your input

Thanks
    I'm in a weird esoteric mood at the moment, but for me, I kinda love the sparseness of the composition. There's definitely a feeling of movement in the field, the texture looks utterly soft and inviting. I kinda get lost in it. But to that end, I don't think you would take away from that feeling of you added to the composition, so it's probs good advice from others.

Per the clouds... the view from my back porch has a lot of similarities to your painting, and I take pics of the clouds and horizon out here occasionally. They aren't the best quality (not the worst), but I'd be more than happy to upload the pics if you wanted some ideas or references with those clouds and Google is failing you (or to use the photos themselves as part of your work, if the quality isn't too poor).
    Last edited by Clandestiny; May 19th, 2017 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    i understand , its the mood i'm in the need for peace , not to get into detail but i take care of my mother at 93 yr and my partner a stroke victim , so what you see is what i feel , and dont forget the photo is from my ipad which distorts some of the image and horizon in the painting is level colors are softer . i invtie you to my facebook at look at the others
    https://www.facebook.com/richard.kurek.ART