View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Translucent Tree Hopper!

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Rebholz

3 18.75%
  • Fabianguiza

1 6.25%
  • AbrahamDHR

3 18.75%
  • Juanjo

0 0%
  • Scorge

4 25.00%
  • Mythmaker

5 31.25%
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,127 Times in 510 Posts

C.O.W. #378-Translucent Tree Hopper-VOTING!

Name:  COW 300 Rules banner.jpg
Views: 1685
Size:  381.0 KB

Post your final image and description here! No WIPs or placeholders allowed!!! I will delete them. Use the proper thread for this purpose.

Only 1 post per artist allowed! If necessary you may add questions in your post, if you need some last minute help, but actually the wip thread is the right place for this.

I will close the thread after the deadline and look through the images when setting up the poll. Entries which break one or more rules will be deleted.

Copy and paste the following lines and add your own content. Delete all * before posting. You can use the attachment function for the image as well. I will delete all replies, which are not posted this way.

USE THE ATTACHMENT MANAGER (post reply > go advanced > attachement manager - and use the paperclip icon to embed the image)! This way no images get lost over time.

[*B]Artist: [*COLOR=White]your-nickname[/COLOR]

Concept: [*COLOR=White]name-of-your-creature[/COLOR]
    [/B]your-description
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Artist: Bobby Rebholz

Concept: Translucent Tree Hopper

High up in the trees, we catch a glimpse of something leaping quickly from branch to branch, then tree to tree. We squint with moonlight being our only aid. Then, we see it; a translucent tree hopper effortlessly leaping from branch to branch while chasing a large bug. These small creatures have adapted perfectly to their surroundings as their translucent bodies allow them to camouflage themselves while in search of food.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bobby Rebholz; April 17th, 2017 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    Artist: fabianguiza

Concept: translucent tree hopper

It is no wonder that this shy and nimble inhabitant of the amazon canopy was only discovered very recently, and by sheer accident at that. Although clearly mammalian, this creature is like no other, and scientists are struggling to find a place for it in the evolutionary tree of life.

Name:  tth_final.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  313.3 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fabianguiza For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: AbrahamDHR

Concept: Translucent Tree Hopper

This small mammal is also known as "Glass Belly Squirrel" due to the fact that the muscles and skin of this part of its body is translucent. Its back is covered with hair resembling the pattern on the trees they live. They have strong leg muscles they use to jump from one tree to another. And even though their legs are long they usually look like branches, and so its hears. They eat the cellulose of the trees so they spend most of the time that way.

Name:  COW378 - Translucent Tree Hopper - Final.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  129.4 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AbrahamDHR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Juanjo
    Concept: Translucent Deer
    Camouflaged by day, hunter by night, the Translucent Deer distracts his preys projecting light beams from his abdomen. He kills by poisoning, leaving the prey slowly dying. Snakes, small rodents and all kind of insects are in his menu.

Name:  final_JLaborda.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  125.2 KB
    Last edited by Juanjo Laborda; April 17th, 2017 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks
    Artist: scorge

Concept: Hoppus Lumens
    Sometimes the best defense in a harsh world is not to be seen at all. Hoppus Lumens has adapted to do just that. Using not only the trees for camouflage, this small creature's body is transparent and allows for a perfect visual blend into its environment. While its bones and organs are visible, the combination of transparent skin and muscle helps to break up the silhouette of this hopper, while its large eyes scan the treetops for its next meal. While the adaptation has allowed more exposure to the animal's organs, it's believed that the skin of those organs is three times the density and thickness of other creatures its size.
    Name:  Tree-Hoppers-Variant-2.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  88.7 KB

Check it out

Thanks
    Artist: Mythmaker

Concept: Leaping Tree Snail
    This canopy dwelling snail is able to propel itself short distances by coiling its long muscular tail under itself, then launching towards its destination. It is also able to split its shell in half and scoop the air to help with lift and direction.

Looks like I just missed the poll! Oh well - it was a fun challenge to try and get it done so late. It's a bit undercooked, but I'm relatively happy with what I managed to do. Well done everyone who got one in - that was a great round!

Name:  COW378 TreeHopper.jpeg
Views: 1164
Size:  220.4 KB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythmaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Mythmaker: Looks like I left plenty of awesome to go around. Amazing concept.
    Check it out

13. The Following User Says Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @Mythmaker - Nice entry man! You made it in the polls by the skin of your teeth though! I think (and this goes for everyone) That I'll give a specific time to post of 10:00PM EST. for the absolute latest. This way, we might get more entries at once.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Rebholz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A tough vote between Scorge and Bobby but I chose Bobby cause I felt the creature conceptually was closest related to the topic. Everyone had awesome entrees here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lege1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Bobby - That was generous! The set time would be cool for future rounds - I was up too late working on that last night!

Scorge - glad you like it! It was fun trying to do the translucency and figure out how to make it look plausible as a jumping mechanism.

Hey Lege! What happened to your entry? It's cool if you don't want to do the poll - but you did put the effort in! Seems like you're improving anyway - keep it up dude!

I always have a hard time voting in COW. All entries had an interesting take on the theme. Scorge's entry was my favourite from a purely visual perspective, but I gave my vote to fabianguiza; It has some issues as an image, but I liked the concept, and could appreciate the work you put into the details on the creature - the transparency works well too!

I've said it twice already - but I was glad to see so much activity this round; Hope it continues that way - and even better if more people post their finals!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythmaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It really was good to see all of the activity. One of the reasons why I put 10:00PM EST for the absolute latest to post the finals is because it might force people to get their work done quicker and post them at once. Let's see if the experiment works! I loved all of the submissions for this round too.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby Rebholz For This Useful Post: