Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    easyasbro: Do you mean the image Moirae posted? - I would class that as an action pose, though it could also work as a front view since it's easy to read the features visible from the front and it's a full-body image.

You don't need to make things complicated for your turn-around; You just need to clearly see what they look like from the front, and from the back - a normal straight-standing pose.

I'm not sure if these need to be in colour - Better clarify that with Moirae. I think it's okay to do greyscale as long as the colour information is in your main action image. It's useful to do it in greyscale anyway - so you can easily try different colour variations using the same image as a base, and it could be helpful to the modeller.

Your action pose should be more dramatic and ideally in colour - try to sell the personality of your character. The usual rules are at least 3/4 of the figure visible from the knees up - I think that still applies here? You can do just the character, or a full-blown illustration with an environment.

Moirae: Nice work on the gatling-gun - I'm crazy enough already without attempting such things!

I think it's worth opening a new layer and testing how it looks with bent-knees in different positions; I might be missing something, but it seems a bit odd as it is with the legs jutting forwards. I kind of understand if he's leaning back against a force pulling forward, but that's not communicating clearly (to me anyway - not sure what others think).

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythmaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mystic gunslinger and hist totem Gatling gun. Unfortunately could not finish this one.
    Name:  2 (Large).jpg
Views: 152
Size:  99.4 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3