Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Moirae, Thanks for the feedback. With B and C the women are wearing prairie style dresses (C has a bonnet).
    Name:  wildwestw16.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  29.3 KBName:  2d60fa836b5235cba5e042dcf4c3304d.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  66.8 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    FredJohnson: Another way to show the explosiveness of his power would be to have the sleeve still torn to pieces, rather than show it after it's been sewn back up. I'd recommend finding some reference of cowboy boots too, the shape of his are close but not quite there -- think about how the slight upward curve of the toe or the slightly raised heel give them their distinctive shape apart from normal work boots. Pentagram spurs are really smart

GaryBedell: Really really drawn to E! I'm not sure if it's exaggerated perspective or if he can actually grow the size of his hand/pistol with magic, but the latter seems really clever.

muddlebox: Like the idea of holy hand grenades as a sub weapon. Maybe he chucks them into the air and shoots them, causing whatever's inside to rain down on enemies.

Thought it might be fun give the gunslinger an alias, sort of like 'Billy the Kid', etc. Hippo's always a little drunk and nobody really understands what he's sayin', but I'll be derned if he ain't the finest sharpshooter 'round town.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loomis
    You may question why we do not at once proceed to the finished, smooth, round form. The answer is that in a drawing or painting, something of the individual procedure and structural quality should remain... It is the big form that does the job--not the little and exact.
    Homepage | Dribbble | Art Blog

Fire With Fire (Steam) [Lead Artist]
    Junk ET (Steam 2017) [Lead Artist]

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just a quick sketch of what I was thinking. I'll try and make it a bit more mystical, buy to be honest I haven't drawn many mystical things. Really like where you're going moirae.

Thanks
    Going with a voodoo priestess/gunslinger character. Started with a very rough draft in pencil at work and am now working on it with the computer. Name:  Image (2).jpg
Views: 893
Size:  348.7 KBName:  mystical gunslinger draft.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  112.8 KBName:  Mystical gunslinger model sheet 1.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  125.7 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ScotJones For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Name:  gunner.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  97.7 KB
    Added some color.

Thanks
    Getting there.

Name:  cbwip copy.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  194.7 KB
    Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    easyasbro: Whoa, really like the idea that the gun is like an extension of the guy (Does it fire his tears as bullets?). You can really go in a lot of directions for how he uses the gun to see and maybe has some other hidden means of offense.

ScotJones: Smart combination, looking forward to seeing where it goes. Really hoping to see an elaborate sort of design for the firearm

muddlebox: It's a little hard to see the glyph on his bandanna. Even though glowing lines/shapes are kinda a cliche way to represent the supernatural, I think punching up the brightness actually might help in this case. Also consider giving the floating grenade a bit of a perspective tilt, that might help sell the idea that it's defying gravity more than just having perfect horizontal balance like it does now.

Moirae: Really like how the gun's barrel looks perfectly normal on one end and becomes insane on the other side lol. Like how you snuck the shape of a noose into the strap. Clever

Now, Goldie -- poor thing's been cursed since she was a li'l tater tot. Her Daddy was a prospector, but she always had her nose in some godforsaken book on some forbidden alchemy-what's-it. Everything she touches turns into a bona fide 24 karat beauty -- including her immediate relatives. Only thing she loves more'n slayin' varmints is hoarding as much of the shiny stuff as she can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loomis
    You may question why we do not at once proceed to the finished, smooth, round form. The answer is that in a drawing or painting, something of the individual procedure and structural quality should remain... It is the big form that does the job--not the little and exact.
    Homepage | Dribbble | Art Blog

Fire With Fire (Steam) [Lead Artist]
    Junk ET (Steam 2017) [Lead Artist]

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Don't know if Ill be able to finish my design this week but decided to share what I have anyway
    My idea was to have a Native American gunslinger to go with the whole "Cowboys and Indians" western thing. While their gun is specially made to slay the rising dead, most of their power would come from their strong belief in the spiritual energy that guides life.

So far here are a couple poses, a face design and a gun design I have came up with.

Name:  Mystic Gunslinger.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  115.5 KB

Thanks
    Hey! How's it going in here? Just thought I'd drop a bit of feedback...

muddlebox: At this stage I think the main things are pushing your values to give more definition to the form and lighting, and also to help describe variations in texture properties e.g. the shinyness of metal items.

Moirae: Looks like a complicated design to illustrate - should be a good one if you can balance it. I think maybe the legs need some work - double check the proportions, and perhaps spread the stance more to sell the weight of the gun (if that's what your aiming for).

Noun: I love both those designs - so full of character! I think Hippo is my favourite, but both are solid choices. I like your simple tones and pallete choices, but I also get the urge to paint them up in a more three-dimentional style!

StevenyJames: I've been exploring something very similar but with a male native - I even sketched a pistol with metal ornament design! You've got a solid start here so I hope you can do some more with it. Pose 3 has lots of attitude - just take your time to nail the anatomy.

Keep it up everyone - 3 days left!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythmaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh man I've been away too long. I love the prompt. Very late to the party, my apologies. Here's my thumbnails. I'd love any input. Gave myself little phrases on each character to help flesh out what they are. Love everything I'm seeing too!

Name:  425.Mystic.Gunslinger.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  170.3 KB
    ---
    Portfolio

Instagram @inkbookerdrawdraw

Thanks
    Just asking does the action pose have to a separate piece from the front and back views? Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to easyasbro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by easyasbro View Post
    Just asking does the action pose have to a separate piece from the front and back views? Thanks
    Yes, separate images. The front and back views should be clear "just standing there" poses so as to best show all the details of the design, action poses might hide a large part of the design, for instance if they are crouching down a lot of the torso detail would be obscured, so those three elements need to be separate.

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Trying to catch up...
    Name:  425.Mystic.Gunslinger.Undead,soulstealer.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  155.2 KB
    ---
    Portfolio

Instagram @inkbookerdrawdraw

Thanks
    Inkbookerdrawdraw: Liking E,F and G myself.

Progress then. Moved around the legs a little. Not sure I'm keen on the body tattoos anymore...

Oh and if anyone is tired of being sane I suggest drawing a Gatling gun in perspective.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  210.5 KB

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

Thanks
    Hey moirae just to clear things up would this be a front view or an action pose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast