How to get noticed

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How to get noticed

I have had my Sketchbook up for a few weeks now, and I am regularly adding to it. I have only had one reply though. Granted, right now my artwork isn't the most eye pleasing because I am just starting off, but I would really appreciate some comments/crits. Don't get me wrong, I'm not whining, I love CA, but I am just wondering how I can get a bit more attention to that thread so I can get some help with drawing.
    Thnx

Sanby

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right now the daily sketchbook section is insane. Tons of people have sketchbooks and are updating it frequently. I think it's overwhelming for people since they don't have time to look through them all so they just scroll down to the 4 &5 star threads. THe number of 4 and 5 star threads has also skyrocketed making it more difficult for the unrated to become noticed.

My only suggestion is that you update your sketchbook daily to keep it around the top of the pile. It also seems like the more concept stuff opposed to life drawing stuff, the more prone people are to replying. A lot of people don't feel like they can be the authority on anatomy but know a cool idea when they see one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also, try going around and giving crits in other peoples sketchbooks. You'll start to get noticed and people will see start responding.

-http://iwasink.com/-
    DS Illustration
    "Get reference.
    There is nothing wrong with using a photo to help you see things.
    No one complains about life drawing,
    so take a photo.
    its easy, and will improve your piece greatly."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

If the work doesnt provoke some kind of emotion by being a great idea, or visually appealing most people will just peek and run,

alot of peeps w/ sketchbooks on here know what they are doing wrong before they post, so just keep trying to fix it and show progress and not look for attention, just do your thing. eventually youll hit a sweet spot.

busy time of year to, leading up to the holidays, work work work, crunch time.

ps. check my sketch book lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Someone once said
    "If you are good enough, people will notice you."
    I agree, don't try to impress anybody, just do your best and improve. People will notice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    people in the forum respect dedication. and if you go comment in thiers, chances are better then 50% that they will return the favor.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeslucher
    Right now the daily sketchbook section is insane. Tons of people have sketchbooks and are updating it frequently. I think it's overwhelming for people since they don't have time to look through them all so they just scroll down to the 4 &5 star threads. THe number of 4 and 5 star threads has also skyrocketed making it more difficult for the unrated to become noticed.

My only suggestion is that you update your sketchbook daily to keep it around the top of the pile. It also seems like the more concept stuff opposed to life drawing stuff, the more prone people are to replying. A lot of people don't feel like they can be the authority on anatomy but know a cool idea when they see one.

Yea, the sketchbook section has really exploded, which is cool to see.. it's always been my favorite section.. been lurking around it for a solid year... used to just be like one page of different people participating.. now just the updates from each day take up the page with pretty much a new person starting one every day.. it's nutty. Getting very hard to keep track.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I have noticed that the top thread on the page is constantly changing. I guess I just have to post a lot more.

Sanby

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you been leaving comments in other peoples sketchbook threads? I've notice that people will return the favour if you drop a nice comment or crit for them. Some of the 4 or 5 star people might not return the favour but people with simular amounts of attention as you will really appreciate it.
    Also try not to post pics that have been drawn on lined paper. Some people don't like it, some even hate it (like Fozzybar..... just joking dude ) tho I'm not too fussed personally, some see it as a major sign of a noob.
    Also you've probably noticed that some artists like to change their Sketchbooks title or add a *updated 10/29* for example. You can do this just by editting your first post in the thread, it might get you more attention and it lets people know you've posted new pics.
    I had a look at your work and its pretty good, I suggest you work on your line quality (possibly how you scan/photo your pic also) becuase when I look at your lines, they are a little dirty and jagged. It decreases the quality of your work. Keep posting, on such a popular site it can be hard to get attention, its still worth the effort however.

Members who have read this thread: 1