Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

C.H.O.W 424 Pokemon Trainer

C.H.O.W 424 Pokemon Trainer

Character of the Week #424

Pokemon Trainer
    Deadline - Sunday, April 9th 10PM GMT

A true Pokemon trainer must be able to survive for long periods in the habitat of the pokemon he is trying to capture.

Pick a type of pokemon (grass, water, fire, snow, electric, etc.), and kit out your trainer with everything he or she could need to survive, hunt and capture that pokemon! http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Wiki

For example, an ice-type hunter would need thick clothing and snow shoes, whilst a ghost-type pokemon hunter might need ghostbusting / exorcist equipment. You could even tailor your trainer for capturing a specific pokemon.

Optional edit: You could think about this as how does a trainer capture his / her first pokemon? What if there is no professor Oak handily giving out free pokemon to anyone who walks in the door? The equipment your trainer carries might not just be for finding a creature, but have a more hands on role in trying to trap it. An electric type hunter might be glad of a pair of rubber gloves when chasing a magnemite for example.

Humane pokemon capture removed

- Male or female human
    - Kitted out with survival gear for chosen pokemon type. (or a specific pokemon)
    - Carries at least one pokeball.

The Rules:

- FINALS: Must post in finals thread before the deadline
    - KNEES UP: Must show at least 3/4 of the character, from at least the knees up.
    - FRONT VIEW: Must be able to see the front of design. No back views without a front.
    - WIPS: Must show at least 2 work in progress shots with final entry.
    - READABLE: Design must be readable, as in a 3D model could be made from your image.
    - ONLY ONE: May only submit one entry. No multiple submissions.
    - 3D: Must be originally created models, excluding primitives. 3D paint-overs permitted. If you choose to use 3D in whole or in part you must show a screenshot of the model in 3D software with final entry.
    - UNACCEPTABLE: These are not permitted: Photos, photo paint-overs, photobashing, pre-made or purchased 3D
    models, rushed works/ rough sketches.
    - NEW USERS: Must submit entries by 6pm GMT on due date, due to conceptart.org's moderation process: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...-up-yet/page24

- DESIGN: Design your character for the brief, not your personal fetish. Nudes without some design are not permitted.
    - READ: Read through the threads; there may be answers to your questions already posted.
    - FUN: Have fun!

Read more: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...#ixzz4cT0S1VhV
    Last edited by Moirae; April 5th, 2017 at 08:32 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I love this! It's really relevant for me right now too since I just ordered Pokemon Moon. I'll sketch out a few ideas and post them soon!

Thanks
    Whoo! Fun prompt!

This guy's hunting for Magnemite (or any other Steel type he can get his hands on).

sneakysnacky: Moon is reeaally fun, I enjoyed it (and still am) much more than X and Y versions. Felt like there was more stuff to do and more Pokemon designs that caught my attention in Moon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loomis
    You may question why we do not at once proceed to the finished, smooth, round form. The answer is that in a drawing or painting, something of the individual procedure and structural quality should remain... It is the big form that does the job--not the little and exact.
    Homepage | Dribbble | Art Blog

Fire With Fire (Steam) [Lead Artist]
    Junk ET (Steam 2017) [Lead Artist]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Noun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Added an optional extra to the brief.

Noun:
    Nice design, but push it further! Some kind of anti electric insulation might be handy for a magnemite, or even a pokeball with an electromagnet tied to it for those metal types.

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggeraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noun View Post
    Whoo! Fun prompt!

This guy's hunting for Magnemite (or any other Steel type he can get his hands on).

sneakysnacky: Moon is reeaally fun, I enjoyed it (and still am) much more than X and Y versions. Felt like there was more stuff to do and more Pokemon designs that caught my attention in Moon.
    Cool design! That's good to hear, I liked X quite a bit so I'm sure I'll love Moon. I've been dying to play it lol I can't wait for it to get here!

Thanks
    Welp, one thing led to another. With this much time left I'll probably try some more ideas.
    + I guess this doesn't really fit the gentle and humane thing added to the brief Had fun anyway
    Name:  fisherpokemopn.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  238.3 KB
    Last edited by stinkypanda; March 29th, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stinkypanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Damn. I had most of my drawing good to go until that edit, was gonna go with an alternate world of pokemon where things were more brutal. Welp, time to rethink. Also @stinkypanda, digging the old man fisher.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rudii20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudii20 View Post
    Damn. I had most of my drawing good to go until that edit, was gonna go with an alternate world of pokemon where things were more brutal. Welp, time to rethink. Also @stinkypanda, digging the old man fisher.
    I hate adding bits to an already posted brief, because it may mess up with people who have already started, so that why I labelled it optional so anything you still had going was still valid.

Actually, you know what, I'm deleting the humane bit, go for it people!

Thanks
    Sup guys.
    I'm kinda new here on the conceptart.org forums, but this c.h.o.w seems fun and I decided to join. I've tried to show trainer, who stick with particular pokemon - Mimikyu. This weird guy hang out with these even more weird pokemons and apparently sells them? lol. dunno. Don't like this overall metalic feeling, but I had fun anyway.

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  77.5 KB

Thanks
    Hey! Cool stuff happening in here!

I'm not sure if I'll get one done this time, but just in case - could you clarify the 'stylised realism' in the brief?

Thanks
    Tiggeraz: Lol that fly swatter. I like how completely unprepared he is to take on a Pokemon, fun take on the topic.

stinkypanda: Awesome direction. I might suggest taking a look at the artwork for Fishermen trainers from the actual games to draw inspiration from how they dress; it might give you some ideas about how to make him look even more like's from the world of Pokemon and not just a regular fishermen with a Pokeball. Maybe he's got a Super Rod somewhere on him, or give him a Pokemon to Surf on as he hunts for Magikarp.

Nikhita-Prizhenko: This is awesome, love how he's just trying to make friends with Mimikyu lol. I actually think the mask he's wearing is a perfect opportunity to have it designed like a Pokemon (much like how Mimikyu's disguise is modeled after the most famous one).

"The perfect disguise. Now, we wait..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loomis
    You may question why we do not at once proceed to the finished, smooth, round form. The answer is that in a drawing or painting, something of the individual procedure and structural quality should remain... It is the big form that does the job--not the little and exact.
    Homepage | Dribbble | Art Blog

Fire With Fire (Steam) [Lead Artist]
    Junk ET (Steam 2017) [Lead Artist]

Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamRoush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Name:  psychic.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  87.9 KB
    This is gonna be my first post. I haven't done a lot of figure drawing in the last couple of years and thought I'd try some out here.
    I wanted to do a ghost hunter, but i didn't want to do the whole ghost buster/Luigi's mansion type thing, So i decided to go with a psychic, sort of punk 11 type thing. I'm not sure If i get the whole ghost hunter thing across in her actual character design though. I don't know what to do to make it more apparent without getting into that ghost buster apparel.
    Anyway, any critiques or advice would be apreciated

Thanks
    Wow, completely missed that part of the prompt.

I've been trying to emulate the drawing style of the character/Pokemon illustrations done by Ken Sugimori for this, so would that not be allowed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast