Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noun View Post
    Wow, completely missed that part of the prompt.

I've been trying to emulate the drawing style of the character/Pokemon illustrations done by Ken Sugimori for this, so would that not be allowed?
    I probably would have tried something similar - that's why I asked. But from those examples AdamRoush posted, it seems like it's more about the rendering than the character styling - so you could still do that, but render it up to be more cg-like. That's how I'm understanding it - but better let the mods answer to be sure.

I've started scribbling ideas for a diver-themed trainer - will see if it goes anywhere...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow, completely missed that part of the prompt.

I've been trying to emulate the drawing style of the character/Pokemon illustrations done by Ken Sugimori for this, so would that not be allowed?
    "Stylised realism" criteria removed. Do whatever style you like!

Nikita-Drizhenko:
    I'm not sure it's clear how your character is kitted out to hunt / trap mimikyu.
    Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

Thanks
    Been a while but I thought I would try this one out. I always liked Haunter and Gengar and I thought a Poke-priest would be cool. Added a gas mask and rubber gloves because I think they are a ghost/poison type. I think I need to make him look more arcane. Might have him standing in a rune circle and add some more eclectic things that are used in exorcisms. Maybe a squirt gun with holy water? Dunno. Feedback always welcome.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  164.1 KB

Thanks
    NigelQ: Really liking what you're going for, though I agree the ghost hunting isn't obvious just yet. Maybe a good place to start as far as tools/apparel is to think of what methods real-life animal hunters/trappers use -- maybe try to think of what would be good bait for a ghost. Ghosts like to possess things, so she could carry an object as bait and have it purposely get possessed.

You can do pretty much anything other than a vacuum since it's a made-up scenario, so any tool that could possibly be used to trap something makes sense if you want it to -- mundane objects like briefcases or pillow cases can work to snag prey. If you have trouble it might help to narrow it down from 'ghost hunter' to '[Ghost Pokemon] hunter', for example, a Litwick might be easier for you to plan around than every single ghost that's out there.

If you give her the right tools I don't even think she necessarily needs to be a psychic, though I guess that could definitely help when hunting lol. Hope that helps.

KyllSwitch: Really liking the left version, he has so many different tools for the Gastly family. The floating objects sort of make it seem like he's the ghost, so I'm not really sure about those. Otherwise a really good direction though.

Beekeeper! Bear trap is just in case a wild Teddiursa appears looking for honey.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loomis
    You may question why we do not at once proceed to the finished, smooth, round form. The answer is that in a drawing or painting, something of the individual procedure and structural quality should remain... It is the big form that does the job--not the little and exact.
    Homepage | Dribbble | Art Blog

Fire With Fire (Steam) [Lead Artist]
    Junk ET (Steam 2017) [Lead Artist]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have actually been meaning to make a drawing like this for some time especially since I have been playing Sun and for a while now I have tossed away the usual way of playing pokemon in favor of doing Nuzlocke runs where each fainting meant the loss of a comrade. Sooo here is my Dragon Hunter, equipped with all the weapons effective against a creature of that type such as fairy, other dragons themselves and some steel sprinkled in there as they resist the dragon type.... this might not exactly align with the prompt overall but it doesn't hurt to share it anyhow! Will definitely finish this one. Also, I am curious as to everyone's methods of posting the image because I usually work on a bigger canvas than what is allowed here so I am wondering how you guys do it to upload your images?

Name:  Poke.png
Views: 746
Size:  280.3 KB

Thanks
    Here's what I have so far, although its pretty finalized at this point. An interesting BG would be nice but I don't know if I want to try anymore.
    Name:  Scan100010002_3c.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  160.8 KB

Ok so the idea was that this guy hunts a Lugia (I remember that Pokemon being really cool in one of the early Pokemon movies). Anyway, from the info I gathered, its a flying Pokemon that is weak to Electricity (hence the rod) and that it can cause massive winds able to tear down cliffs with a flap of its wings (hence the funky boots, as I was imagining this guy will take the fight off ground). Colour scheme is somewhat inspired by Lugia's own colors and the character's mask is meant to be the reverse of Lugia's own head.
    Would have loved to go for a more dynamic flying pose, but everything I was coming up was somehow hiding a part of the getup, so I decided to go for a somewhat less imaginative stance.

Inks, copic markers, and some digital enhancement/tampering with....GIMP.
    Last edited by clouddreamer7; April 7th, 2017 at 11:32 PM.

Thanks
    NigelQ: Really liking what you're going for, though I agree the ghost hunting isn't obvious just yet. Maybe a good place to start as far as tools/apparel is to think of what methods real-life animal hunters/trappers use -- maybe try to think of what would be good bait for a ghost. Ghosts like to possess things, so she could carry an object as bait and have it purposely get possessed.

You can do pretty much anything other than a vacuum since it's a made-up scenario, so any tool that could possibly be used to trap something makes sense if you want it to -- mundane objects like briefcases or pillow cases can work to snag prey. If you have trouble it might help to narrow it down from 'ghost hunter' to '[Ghost Pokemon] hunter', for example, a Litwick might be easier for you to plan around than every single ghost that's out there.

If you give her the right tools I don't even think she necessarily needs to be a psychic, though I guess that could definitely help when hunting lol. Hope that helps.
    Wish I had had time to finish it before the deadline but thanks for the advice. I do like the idea of dolls or marionettes to use as a trap. I think I'm going to try to finish it anyway if i can find the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2