Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CA member SCAD reunion

Thanks

CA member SCAD reunion

Howdy all,

I noticed in recent posts that a bunch of us here on CA have gone, are going to, or are planning to go to SCAD. Like it or Hate it SCAD is deffinetly an experience.
    So in my nostalgia for the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly i envite all Allumni, Current Students, and all those considering going to SCAD to join in a massive digital reunion. Hey you never know, you and I and others on this site may have crossed paths at one point in Savannah. Let this be our gathering place to keep up with each other and see what everyone has been up to.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice.
    Any other info on jobs that people got from the 2001-2002 years?

Thanks
    I attended all of fall 2001 all of 2002, and the first quarter of 2003. I was an animation major, but switched to game art my last quarter. I think that i learned alot from SCAD but it was overpriced as hell. Its the law of supply and demand I guess, but still, way too much money for what you get out of it.

I was hired straight out of junior year to work on a LOTR game (now canceled) at Warthog Texas. That was where I met jason manley, and Andrew Jones, and John Rubio during monday life drawing sessions, and sunday sketch groups. I then moved to Terminal Reality where I worked as a Character artist on Bloodrayne 2, After that shipped I moved up here to Mythic Entertainment where I am a character artist on Dark Age of Camelot, and Imperator Online. I've also done contract work for Ghost Recon 2, an unnanounced RPG, and an english educational title for an italian company.

Any SCADites who wanna shoot the breeze dont hessitate to message me on aim, my s/n is poopNinmymouth
    My Website
    Freelance Artist

Thanks
    Old school SCADite myself ...

poopinmymouth ... What LOTR game did you work on before it was cancelled .. I am just curious Thanks

Thanks
    Seems like you are doing quite well for yourself, nice number of big games in really not too long of time.

My AIM is BadBadNeil anyone feel free to add me

Thanks
    hmmm, well not only was it canceled, it was unnanounced. but it was essentially LOTR crossed with diablo 2, and it was fun as hell. VU was moronic to cancel it.
    My Website
    Freelance Artist

Thanks
    Didn't know if it was Treason of Isengard or whatever but it sucks that it was canceled. Sounded like it might have been cool. I was looking forward to some of the things they were doing (LOTR nut that I am)

Thanks
    treasons of isenguard was the dynasty warriors lotr game, if i remember correctly. and yes it was fun.
    My Website
    Freelance Artist

Thanks
    Game companies sometimes don't make sense to me.
    Theres a whole bunch of ones that got canceled that I was looking forward to including Mafia 2, Baldur's Gate 3, and Fallout 3(at least from Black isle).

When I graduated SCAD i totally lost interest in 3D and I don't know why. Perhaps it was burnout, whatever the case bad time losing interest in 3D when you have a degree in it

Thanks

ex-scad

I went to scad for awhile, look for me at the San Fran' workshop, I'd really like to see everyones work !

Thanks
    ole to all, my internet was down all day, but now i replyyyyy!!!! weee.

Neil- when i gradumakated SCAD (2002) i was totaly burned out on my majors too, Sequential Art and Illustration. I went up to NY to shop my Children's book around and i did some simple promotion but no good came out of it. I had a small gig doing a monthly cartoon for a children's mag but it got canceled when the company realized it was easier and cheeper to fill the space with random babble about music stars. poop! Since then i got a hook up working at an art gallery. it had its ups and downs and i got to get into web design a little while with them. I learned a lot about the Art world and i think that if all the tallented people on this forum would break into the world of Fine art we would all be more succesful than we are now. the only problem with that is how to break into the Fine Art world. it just about as easy as getting a children's book published. oh well. Since then I've quit and move out to NYC and we'll see if that will be good or bad for me.

Glen- what have you been up to in the last few months? still chilling in savannah?

poopinmymouth- you seem to have been pretty successful. good for you. most of my 3D friends have been pretty successful. (more successful than i have been - i guess i missed that boat.)

gruve24- we need more details of your SCAD experience so we can reminis/comiserate together

Thanks
    Arkady, Still in Savannah and been working too much with some RPG and CCG things, which is good, but just too busy at times. Trying to catch up on stuff now.

Thanks

well...

I'm actually a bit bitter about that school. the only good thing I'm walking away from are a few life long friends and Paul Hudson. This doesn't go for everyone but alotta students there weren't to focused, or they used the excuse "my syle" to cover up their lack of acedemic understanding of...form,shape,light,anatomy,perspectice,countour ,chiaroscuro,sfumato etc... I'm not a master at any of these but I came to SCAD hoping to learn about them, learn the fundamentals before I could start to make a finished picture. Instead I got, "don't worry about accuracy just get it done" or "you don't really need to learn all that suff just make it look good"..these were from students and professors. I felt I was given real world assignments to tackle without any real training. Anything that I ever did that I was happy with happened because I went off on my own and taught myself. deadlines were a joke to me. Eventually I'll get to a point where the lines converge and I'll be able to do professional quality work within an alotted time frame...but SCAD just wants you to scribble anything down on a piece of paper, and be able to tell the professors, I'm done give my grade...and I'm outta here. there was just no in depth information given. However, the exception to all of this was Professor Hudson...who is...AMAZING, great teacher, I got from just one of his classes what 3 years of SCAD was not able to provide, and because of him he's given me a means to teach myself correctly (if you can understand what I'm trying to say). I don't mean to put anyone off to this school and I'm speaking on my behalf but if your serious about art, SCAD is definitely NOT the place to be in my opinion. oh my major was illustration, but I took courses in sequential and painting.. and most of my ill feelings are geared mostly to the illustration department.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast