Thanks

Question Want to be a concept artist but don't know how to draw and paint.

Hi everyone,

I have always loved the idea of being an artist especially a concept artist but I had never guts to pursue this dream because I am not good at drawing and don't mention painting. I watched this video yesterday and was completely stunned about the fact that that guy drew terribly like me, however he made outstanding progress over six months by learning and practising so you wouldn't tell now how bad he was. Today this guy published a video on similar topic and made this to help others achieving their dreams/goals. I will follow it but I'm struggling where to start, what to learn, where to learn, in what order etc. etc. As I said earlier I am a complete beginner and my skills are just above zero. I will leave links to concept arts below which show what I want to achieve.

ca1 ca2 ca3 ca4 ca5 ca6

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Start where everyone starts. Do some life drawing, and try to match what you put down on the paper as close as possible with what you see. Do a bunch of exercises to learn perspective. I noticed a lot of people here use drawabox.com, I've never used it myself but you can try it out. Also learn about anatomy and proportions for drawing people and creatures. Set a challenge for yourself if you want to progress as fast as that guy you mentioned. If you want to see significant improvement in 6 months, make yourself draw everyday. Also don't be upset if you're not at the same level as that guy after 6 months because everyone is different.
    Lastly, if you're gonna start with this, create a thread in the Sketchbooks forum section. It's a great way to get critiques and support during your learning process.