Art: An Imagination Dump *Large Images*

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

An Imagination Dump *Large Images*

Various Concepts I've done for myself.

Critiques appreciated & needed, I can take them, give em I want to make these concepts stronger, don't know where to take them further though.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first of all nate, great stuff!

now to crit a little if i may

though these are all just concept characters it'd be nice if one of them had a truely established background

one the first guy i'd make the horns straighter and not curly-q since the curliness kind of takes away from the masculinity of the character(unless that was the intention), just my opinion also i'd give him something of a powder bag or shot bag for that gun he's carrying

the fourth is one of my favorites of the bunch, but i might make that ring in the nose area a bit smaller to unbalance the character and add a little tension

the last one is also a favorite of mine, i think he might benefit from his mohawk being a little more spread out, right now it seems as if it's either the bag behind his head or attached to the opposite side of his head

once again these all rock equally as much as the next one, i'll post some more comments if i come up with anything worth your while

cheers man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man, youve progressed so far i cant begin to comprehend.... i can see where youve taken your understanding of form from the traditional atelier stuff like the bargues and casts and really made use of it in your work. The forms read so well its crazy.

The only thing that bothers me is the horns on #1's head - the foreground one is going backwards and the rear one is curling forward...

man, i have so much to learn from you.... much kudos this stuff is fantastic.

by the way is this mixed media or straight painter? cos some of those textures on the last 2 look too real.... not that it matters in the least, just interested

And r you booked for sf man?? Hafta sketch wit u properly this time.

Take care mang''

Adam

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! incredible progress since i saw you last time.

I think you just need to work a bit more on them.
    Some of them look like you just got bored of them. Try looking at them again and fix & finish the things you look incorrect.

Jaku

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work- keep it going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are all really nice. As far as crits, apart from what everyone has already said, I would add that these guys are short some eye appeal. They all are constructed wonderfully, but lack that hook to attract the viewer. I would suggest adding some textures, a bit of color here and there, maybe even just some stronger values. Throw in some rythm, some sharp edges, or little design motif. You've got a cool little style working up here, and I don't want to hinder that, but I think the attention to form in these could be carried over a bit into attention to detail.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Seems like my finish is a constant critique, so I'll definitely need to nip this one in the bud hardcore. I think Andrew Jones and Kevin Llewellyn had the same crit for me in Amsterdam.

I'm going to be going back and retouching and finishing all of these, I really do appreciate the help a lot, my imaginative end of my work is lacking.

Adam - I'll try to be in SF as soon as my airplane ticket situation is taken care of, thanks man. I'm looking forward to it.

Auden - Yeah, that's a big issue I think, while I have fun rendering these, I'm not entirely sure they are fun for the viewer to see or have any kind of draw for the viewer, which is kind of apparent actually. Thanks.

Injection - Thanks for the crits and comments, appreciated much.

Jaku - Thanks, I appreciate the point, something I've noticed and need to kill.

Benzo - Thanks man

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.