Sketchbook: Digby's getting aHEAD in life 24/6/05

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Digby's getting aHEAD in life 24/6/05

Well been lurking round this forum for awhile now, and must say there's some truly inspiring art here. Some very very talented ppl here, and it's just great to see them offering help and advice for begginers and pro's alike. I love this place.

I used to do a lot of painting and sketching a long time ago (when i was doing finarts), but these are some of the works (not many) that i've managed to pull together over the last few months. I haven't been doing any art for about 9 years and it's amazing how much you get out practice and have to relearn lol. This forum has inspired me to pick up my equiptment and start again, thanks to all the artists out there. So hopefully i can churn out some regular work, and start progressing again.

This is a pic i began colouring awhile ago with a crappy digital pad ...thank god i have a Wacom now.

This is a sketch i did about a month ago, bad scan though unfortunately.

An ink line work that was meant to be coloured, but so far haven't got my lazy arse into gear

And lastly a phone sketch i did at work on a brown paper shop bag lol.

I hope i keep adding stuff as i know i'll definately still be lurking in the shadows...so no excuse not to post really.

Last edited by Digby; June 24th, 2005 at 12:08 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

MOre shit heads

Well here's a quick sketch which is a small portion of a work in progress. Done with my Wacom, more of a practice than anything, trying to get used to the feel of using the Tablet.

Last edited by Digby; April 24th, 2005 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks
    looking cool man, i really dig that top skull!

Thanks
    Thanks man, first to reply Hopefully i'll be posting a proper pick on here soon, rather than all these useless heads LOL!!

Thanks
    Either you've barely grown rusty, or you were absolutely incredible 9 years ago. Wonderful stuff. I especially like http://www.infernalmedia.com/pics/gladiator01.jpg

Keep posting! I'm looking forward to it.

Craig

Thanks
    Thanks man, but i'm very rough around the edges, it's been so long since i've done life drawing and figure art that i feel like an amateur again having to practice hard again. Squeezing it in between work and a girlfriend is pretty hard, hence why the rare updates... i'll have to remedy that. NEway here's 2 new ones.
    This first started as a background for my website, but i got bored and just started scribbling

This next one happened when i was fiddling with my girlfriends copy of painter. I was previously a photoshop fan but omg this prog rocks. Anyway the painting is quite rough and crap, but thats the way of having to relearn skills you haven't used for years

Thanks
    Well here's another update, still getting used to using the Wacom, it's weird drawing with this thing as it just doesn't have the same feel as real media... strange but i'm getting used to it. One thing is that it forces me to loosen up a bit, as drawing with this thing involves me having to zoom in and out all the time to get proportions right, hence no body sketch uipdates. Any way here's the new

Thanks
    Not much of an update, but here's a sketch that i did on the bus to a friends place. It's pretty messy in places and the eyes are but this is due to the bus moving while i was drawing

Thanks
    Hello digby,

I like the first pic for its rendering. Other works are very interesting too.
    Please post more

Thanks
    Lookin at this for a first time, and would love to see more, I love that painter pic, and the first pic in the thread... post more!

Thanks
    It's been a really long time since i've put anything on here, as i've been a lazy prick. Been working to much and sick. HAven't really got any quality pics to post other than shit doodles as i haven't been drawing or painting at all, so to break the cycle of crap i thought i'd just chuck em online.

Thanks
    man I like those skulldesigns. Looking great! Nice pencils to. The last 3 drawings are my favorits.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply man. Yeah i do to many skulls, their my warmup thing. Whenever i haven't been drawing for ages i start out with one to get into practice, but since i'm so lazy i seem to have shitloads of em. Gotta get back to doin figure drawings and stuff and stop playing CS it sucks up to much of my time.
    Anyway here's a pic of a WIP, it's really just the underlay sketch for a painting i'm starting, so messy and loose. There's still a prob with the right leg but that'll iron out as i progress, i tend to have a loose idea for a pose as i begin, then refine it as i go, so it looks a little gammy now, but after i'm done it should be a lot better.

Thanks
    New head, not complete, and not really good, but oh well. Did this amongst fumbling through pose studies, just to get get a sense that i was still drawing details rarher than abstract figures lol.

Thanks
    Cool ideas you have Im sure this sketchbook will come along nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Thanks Corky, i'm a little slow to update. Not very pleased with the sketches i been pushing out lately, for some reason i been wrestling with fundamentals that i usually never have any probs with.

Anyway this new piece, is a bit of a cheap wrought, as it's actually an image that i have just started colouring, so it's not my pic only the colour is. The pic is a scan from the manga AirGear by the brilliant artist OhGreat! He's the Artist that also does Tenjo Tenge, when i first opened the comic i thought to myself, thats such a sexy pose i gotta have a go at colouring that, for a wallpaper or something, lol!! I've never tried comic colours and that type of shit before, so i thought i'd give it a go, get some PS practice in, as i have been scared of digital lately. The amazing thing is that it's surprisingly simpla, mind you this pic is unfinished at the moment. If anyone is interested in seeing a finished product just tell me and i'll post it. Anyway here's the pic, please keep in mind this is not my drawing.

Thanks
    Very cool stuff

Thanks
    Thanks man.

Slow updates all around and more dissappointing scribles. The truth is that they are really scribbles though so there's not a lot to be dissapointed about as they are mostly done in small spare moments at work. Though i've still gotta stop sketching heads lol. Was using pencil for a while until i remembered how much i hate it, and switched back to the trusty old cheap and nasty biro. Anyway i think for the next update i'll actually produce a fully finished picture so ppl can get more of an idea of what my real stuff is like.

On with the shit

Thanks
    you should do a series of people with skull heads doing everyday things. just for fun.

cool beans to you...my friend.
    sKeTcHbOoK update page3 (scroll to the bottom of page)

Thanks
    lol yeah that would be amusing hahaha. mebbe might give it a go.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.