Thread: JosyArte

Thanks

Smile JosyArte

Name:  Finished Exercise_comp_1.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  83.0 KB

* Sorry if my English is not perfect, it is not my first language but I will make an effort to make that you understand me, any doubt write me in the comments, I will appreciate all your opinions and suggestions.
    The rhythm in this composition is observed in the trees positioned in the horizon line, in the cracks of the mountains and the lines of the ground. There is also a rhythm marked by the heights of the mountains and their contours.
    There is emphasis on the horizon of the valley given by the intensity of central light from the sun and demarcated by the forms of the mountains that intensifies towards the edges with darkness, which in turn denotes the economy in this painting by the lack of detail and use of black. Also we can see diagonals in the composition that are directed towards that focal point.

You can observe a variety of shapes, textures and values, also highlights the repetition of trees and the shape of the mountains, which generate continuity from right to left following the lines of the ground. Finally, this piece is balanced by the contrasts and visual weights generated by the mountains on each side of the frame.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow, se ve increíble. Realmente admirable cómo se nota que es piedra por la textura, algo con lo que personalmente tengo dificultades. Felicidades!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Wow, se ve increíble. Impresionante cómo hiciste las piedras, personalmente la textura de materiales y superficies me cuesta mucho así que me parece admirable, jajaja. Felicidades!

Thanks
    Hola Rosario, muchas gracias por tu apreciación .

El ejercicio lo hice en Photoshop, Las texturas las manejé agregandole textura al pincel en la configuración del pincel y modificandole el contraste para que se notara más al hacer un trazo. En este canal de Youtube puedes encontrar más información de como texturizar y agregar detalles a tus ilustraciones digitales > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oNOqOvf1OfXJm_ . Cualquier otra duda estoy a la orden. Saludos.

Thanks
    Name:  Finished Exercise_Velazquez_comp2.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  96.4 KB

This study was more complicated than the first one and even though it took more time to do it I wasn’t completely satisfied with the results, I will have to continue working on it to improve shapes and gray values.

In this work of Velazquez I see a rhythm marked by the curves of the female figure, and the fall of the clothes in waves, as in the cloth tapes that hang from the hands of the angel on the mirror. There is economy in the background wall that highlights the profile of the woman, who directs the look to the mirror generating an emphasis along with the angel's gaze that also goes towards the mirror, also highlighted by the lines generated by the folds of the background curtain and the line marked by the direction of their legs.

There is variation of forms between squares like the mirror and the ovals that are repeated in the bodies of the angel and the woman, just as the curves are repeated throughout the composition generating continuity.

There is balance between the body of the woman posed to the right and the angel that is to the left with less light. You can also see the balance between the black in the upper right corner with the white in the lower left corner.

Thanks
    Name:  Van Dyck_Finished Exercise_comp.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  329.4 KB

I thought that because it was a face and because there were few elements, the exercise would be easier, but it was complicated precisely because it had few elements and the fact that I had to observe the face very well so as not to make mistakes in small details that would make a great difference, I worked in it a lot time and still feel that the result is not the best.

One of the main features of this portrait is the economy through all composition, little use of paint, elements and details, which leads to focus on the points where there is greater incidence of light and more detail.
    There is a rhythm marked by the strokes of the clothes, the hair, the mustaches and the slings created by the shape of the ornament in the neck, in which we can observe the repetition of forms too.

The balance of the composition is between the visual weight generated by the head with its lights and details in the upper right and the contrast with the economy of the lower left, both divided by an invisible diagonal.

These are the most relevant characteristics that I can see in this composition, any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

* After 30min.
    Name:  30min.JPG
Views: 951
Size:  136.5 KB

Thanks
    Excellent black and white drawings! I really like this style.
    Last edited by owlowl102; April 6th, 2017 at 02:51 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to owlowl102 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Name:  Finished Exercise_comp_5.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  335.6 KB

This study was quite complicated, to capture the values and the expression of the stroke at the same time has not been easy and the result shows it, after 1 hour and a half I still feel that I need more time to improve the range of values and proportions of the dancer.

This work caught my attention because of the rhythm that is generated in the strokes of the background emphasizing the principal dancer who also carries her own rhythm and makes her stand out. The dancer's emphasis is also given as the focal point of light, framed by gray values, however there is a man in black suit who seems to be the instructor who also stands out for the intensity of the black of his suit and creates a tour Visual throughout the composition as you pass through the feet and hands of the main dancer until you see him there.

There is repetition in the forms of the dancers, their dresses and their feet. The variation is observed in all the tones and the textures of the strokes that can be very soft or with noise.

There is a balance between profusion at the top of the work and the economy at the bottom.

These are the most relevant characteristics that I can see in this composition, any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Name:  Finished Exercise_comp5.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  291.1 KB

The elegance of this painting caught my interest, I love the pose of the woman and her delicacy in general.

- In the pattern of her dress can be seen the repetition of forms that generate a weft, also repeated forms of leaves and flowers on the wall, windows and roof tiles.
    - There is a rhythm marked by the vertical folds of the dress and the branches around it.
    - The focal point or emphasis is on the flower and face, neck lines, right arm and the top of the wall are some of the elements that generate lines that intersect at this point.
    - There are variations of textures throughout the composition to differentiate the soft skin of the woman and the flower, in the weft of the dress fabric, in the thicker and rustic branches, the rougher walls and the trees in the background in the upper left corner.

Thanks
    Name:  rembrandt_comp#6.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  234.9 KB

It is interesting how the emphasis of the face is obtained by generating a contrast between the light impinging on the bottom and on the skin of women.

A triangular visual route is generated through the composition thanks to the details of the dress on the bottom that then takes you to the highest point of light, on the woman's forehead, then passing through the right eye and then goes down to the focus of the Brightness on the tendril.

I like the softness that creates a blur effect on the face and the contrast it makes with the detail and variation of the dress.

Members who have read this thread: 8