Character of the Week #420
Deadline - Sunday, February 12th 10PM GMT
In the near future vast dystopian cities cover the planet. The rich inevitably lived in clean, secure districts, whilst the poor are left to the sprawling, overcrowded ghettos where there is no law enforcement and criminal empires rule. Constant gang wars and terrible living conditions mean resident’s life expectancies are exceptionally low. Worst is the pollution, pumped down from the affluent areas making ghetto’s atmosphere exceptionally flammable. Guns are banned in the ghetto, as a single spark could set off a chain reaction in the air and instantly flash fry everyone for miles. This has meant a strange backwards trend for swords and bows to be the preferred weapons of choice.The Rules:
However the code of the samurai is spreading through the demoralized masses, where many have taken up the sword to defend the helpless from the gang violence. They’ve lost friends or family to gangs or ex-gang members seeking penance. Some have acquired high-tech weaponry and gear through black markets, while others make do with whatever armaments they can find. It’s not the latest tech, but it’s plenty effective.
- Male or Female, human
- Must have samurai sword (katana)
- Cyberpunk setting
- Wears urban cyberpunk clothing and armour: inspired by 1990’s hip-hop style and samurai warriors.
- Try to design clothing that combines urban style with cyberpunk themes.
- FINALS: Must post in finals thread before the deadline
- KNEES UP: Must show at least 3/4 of the character, from at least the knees up.
- FRONT VIEW: Must be able to see the front of design. No back views without a front.
- WIPS: Must show at least 2 work in progress shots with final entry.
- READABLE: Design must be readable, as in a 3D model could be made from your image.
- ONLY ONE: May only submit one entry. No multiple submissions.
- 3D: Must be originally created models, excluding primitives. 3D paint-overs permitted. If you choose to use 3D in whole or in part you must show a screenshot of the model in 3D software with final entry.
- UNACCEPTABLE: These are not permitted: Photos, photo paint-overs, photobashing, pre-made or purchased 3D
models, rushed works/ rough sketches.
- NEW USERS: Must submit entries by 6pm GMT on due date, due to conceptart.org's moderation process: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...-up-yet/page24
- DESIGN: Design your character for the brief, not your personal fetish. Nudes without some design are not permitted.
- READ: Read through the threads; there may be answers to your questions already posted.
- FUN: Have fun!