6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks

C.H.O.W 418 Post-Apocalyptic Wicked Witch :: FINALS

C.H.O.W 418 Post-Apocalyptic Wicked Witch :: FINALS

Character of the Week #418
    Post-Apocalyptic Wicked Witch
    Deadline - Sunday, January 29th 10PM GMT

In the wastelands of post-apocalyptic society magic wielders hold great esteem and power.
    Since the fall of the old world many amongst humanity have been stricken with mutations. Mostly these abnormalities are burdensome or just useless, but sometimes mutations coincide within one body in a genetic perfect storm, granting almost supernatural power to the afflicted.

It is uncertain if such mutations actually bestow estranged magical abilities (such as the ability to control animals, throw bolts of lightning, etc) or merely grant the appearance of doing so (eg: a combined gas producing organ and flint fingernails for flame throwing abilities)

Regardless, all such “witches” as they are called, share grotesque appearances, and an insatiable lust for power and corruption. Strangely they all also hate the light, dressing themselves in the darkest garments they can find in the wasteland like their pre-war namesakes to further inspire fear and contempt amongst those they seek to rule.

- Female, human
    - Must have visible mutation (skin colour alteration, oversized limbs, spiny appendages, etc.)
    - Must be demonstrating a magical ability
    - Dark clothing, found in the post-apocalyptic wasteland.
    - Genre is post-apocalypse.

The Rules:

- FINALS: Must post in finals thread before the deadline
    - KNEES UP: Must show at least 3/4 of the character, from at least the knees up.
    - FRONT VIEW: Must be able to see the front of design. No back views without a front.
    - WIPS: Must show at least 2 work in progress shots with final entry.
    - READABLE: Design must be readable, as in a 3D model could be made from your image.
    - ONLY ONE: May only submit one entry. No multiple submissions.
    - 3D: Must be originally created models, excluding primitives. 3D paint-overs permitted. If you choose to use 3D in whole or in part you must show a screenshot of the model in 3D software with final entry.
    - UNACCEPTABLE: These are not permitted: Photos, photo paint-overs, photobashing, pre-made or purchased 3D
    models, rushed works/ rough sketches.
    - NEW USERS: Must submit entries by 6pm GMT on due date, due to conceptart.org's moderation process: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...-up-yet/page24

- DESIGN: Design your character for the brief, not your personal fetish. Nudes without some design are not permitted.
    - READ: Read through the threads; there may be answers to your questions already posted.
    - FUN: Have fun

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

CHOW#418 Post-Apocalyptic Wicked Witch -FINAL-

Here is my take on The Wicked Witch!
    Name:  IMG_1039.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  52.2 KB
    Wips:
    Name:  IMG_1040.jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  65.4 KB
    TSC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TSC For This Useful Post:

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hurman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh for more hours in the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ceinwen Fang For This Useful Post:

Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to marko markovic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Psychokinesis Witch

Name:  witchlast.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  witchone.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  93.3 KB Name:  postwitchpng.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  58.7 KB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pigmentsandpens For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    See you all on the next one!
    Name:  witchywoman.650px.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  224.2 KB
    Name:  witchywomanwip.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  126.6 KB
    ---
    Portfolio

Instagram @inkbookerdrawdraw

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inkbookerdrawdraw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The queen of the wasteland settlement New Salem was a beautiful and much loved monarch with pure white feathered wings sprouting from her back. When she gave birth to an heir the people's excitement soon turned to horror at the misshapen, bat winged creature that was born. hated by the populace all her life the princess killed her mother, using her magical hair that she could control like her own hand to strangle her. Soon a reign of terror blighted the land of New Salem as the bat queen meted out revenge on all who had despised her.

Has sentient hair that can manipulate objects like many extra hands at its master's bidding.

Name:  apocwitch3b copy.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  281.2 KB

Name:  wips copy.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  229.4 KBName:  apocwitch.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  103.4 KBName:  apocwitchwip.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  84.0 KB

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Name:  witchzyrq.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  388.1 KB
    Name:  witchwipzyrq.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  136.8 KB

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zyrq For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mind controlling witch
    Name:  postApocalipticWitch14 (Medium).jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  43.4 KB
    Name:  postApocalipticWitch14wip (Medium).jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  144.0 KB

20. The Following User Says Thank You to raganosis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi guys, this is my final image. Great work guys, your works its awesome!
    Name:  witch.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  70.7 KB
    Name:  2017_01_30_00_14_051.png
Views: 1294
Size:  126.0 KB Name:  2017_01_30_00_14_302.png
Views: 1300
Size:  30.6 KB

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vittor G For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey everyone,mine is an electricity eater, like an anteater but for electricity. Her head is shaped that way to plunge in cables and reach the conductive material, teeth are in silver. She's quadruped, more practical to walk among cables. the clothe is in fact isolating non conductive sheet to protect some sensitive parts. The electricity she eats is stored in her spine
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    SKETCHBOOK any crits are welcome

24. The Following User Says Thank You to FUZION PREDATOR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This thread is now closed. A poll will be up shortly.

Thanks
    Some belated crits:

TSC: There is a lot going on in this piece, with the owl and undead wolves / dogs. I’m assuming she can control and resurrect dead animals? I think a lighter, more intense green, closer to the ones in your reference would help her stand out more from the background, at the moment the glowing white owl is stealing all the focus.

Hurman: Her mutated arm seems a little disjointed from her. I think if it shared the same colours as other parts of her skin it would look more harmonious overall. Held forward like (going by the twist of the shoulders) the arm would probably catch the light from the flame too which is why it might be looking odd to me, as it doesn’t seem to be sharing the same light source as the rest of her.

Cienwen Fang: The head is very small on this, which is making her shoulders wide and torso appear quite oversized and less feminine. I would have liked to have seen the transition between the scaly feet and her human legs, covering it up with leather legwarmers seems like a missed opportunity for some interesting design ideas for your character.

Marko Markovic: I’m having difficulty seeing what her powers are, as she is meant to be demonstrating some ability. I’m also not sure what her mutation/s are either, at the moment I can only see some kind of metal plate over her mouth?

Pigmentsandpens: There are some good ideas here, with the powers and psychic main mutation, but I think a bit more though could have gone into her costume, as it’s a little plain. Perhaps look up some post-apocalyptic films, like Mad Max and add some more details to the design to push the post-apocalyptic feel.

Inkbookerdrawdraw: I like the idea of this, although I’m not sure what she’s doing with her radioactive drool, raising the dead? I think a second light source would help, as the shadowed side of her is disappearing into the background, especially against the sky. Perhaps a moon behind her to pick out her silhouette against the dark sky?

Zyrq: Anatomically the breasts are a little low, and the fur on her legs stops so cleanly that I initially thought it was a pair of trousers. The new pose is a lot better, enforcing the idea that she is commander of a spider army and they are not just following her around. I did like the touches of gold in some of your earlier pieces; against the cold blue palette of your final image some warm yellows would have made an effective contrast.

Raganosis: Same as pigmentsandpens, good overall, but I would have put some more post-apocalyptic elements in the costume to get closer to the brief.

Vittor G: It doesn’t scream stereotypical post-apocalyptic design, but going back to a woodland, tribal state would not be outside the realms of plausibility. I would have liked to have seen some hints at a previous world in the design somewhere, perhaps used as totems or something. Her far arm is a little bendy, unless that’s part of her mutation the bone in the upper arm should be straight.

Fuzion Predator: I think you could push the contrast way up on this image. The arcs of power across her back could have been a really intense electric blue and in turn have shed more colour and light across the body too. I was going to say crawling across the ground and chewing through dirt didn’t suit an evil witch with a “lust for power” but then I got where you were going with this …

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post: