Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Yes the values are reading very well! And great design!
    List of Books & Tools That Have Helped Me! (Art Resource Links)

Daily Rituals Sheet
    (For building good habits)

My Sketchbook

YogJoshi.com (portfolio)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to yogeshj25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    guys! thank you so much im happy you like them! these characters are pretty much the reason i started this whole thing. they're the ones on the thumbnail of my sketchbook. TomTom i call them sketches just because of the process i guess. kinda loose, i dont group anything like i would do for a more finished thing, they re mostly done in one locked layer. then again i dont do finished things anymore, i just study when i have the time. it pays off though! i wouldnt dream of that when i started!

so here's the 3rd main character of my thing, which is a pirate love story/adventure in space hes me but with a 3rd eye and no ears lol. not sure about the way hes holding his baton, or even if it reads as a baton. wanted to seem like hes slowly drawing it from his belt, but came out like hes just holding it and letting it hang back and forth or sth.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    drawings while waiting

Thanks
    drawings from class... yep i gotta start thinking about not going at all if im just gonna doodle girls.

Thanks
    been slacking too much lately, need to go back to my daily practice stuff.

Thanks
    Hey, really nice stuff you ve got there

I was wondering if the stuff in post 63 and 64 are from imagination or studies using some sort of reference (?)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clouddreamer7 View Post

I was wondering if the stuff in post 63 and 64 are from imagination or studies using some sort of reference (?)
    hey thanks dude! they re all imagination, except the cars maybe. well there was a jeep across the street but i wast really copying, i looked at it a bit to see how it is, but drew it from other angles from imagination. with cars you cant really copy, you have to construct for them to not look ultra weird. you may have noticed that i draw a lot of boxes, and for me thats the most important part. if you can draw these boxes however you want, arranging them to make a car is nothing. then its all about how much focus and precision you re willing to put in your sketch. the girls are made the same way too. i just draw so many boxes that i can construct without drawing them sometimes, but i always think of them.

here are some really random warmup-practice stuff i do, the re also from imagination

Thanks
    Wow, loving those characters, like the designs a lot! Also your sketches blow me away, mainly because they have so much action and movement. They almost feel alive! Do you find that the quick gestures have helped you gain that, or something else? I feel like that's something I really lack so I'm curious what you feel has helped the most.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HeathWalsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those characters are awesome. Really admire your anatomy drawings. Do you ever go to figure drawing sessions from life?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PKaurk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathWalsh View Post
    Do you find that the quick gestures have helped you gain that, or something else? I feel like that's something I really lack so I'm curious what you feel has helped the most.
    thanks heath! thats definitely the case, i always advice people in other sketchbooks to do short gestures because of how much it has helped me. longer studies are good for understanding the forms better, applying anatomy, practice construction and shading. but i personally find 10-30 sec gestures much more valuable studies when it comes to figure drawing, because without good gesture there's no point doing the drawing at all. understanding the rhythms better, is a skill i aquired recently that i didnt have at all before. so i can still remember how it was when i didnt have it. and im still getting better as i practice of course. it comes from practicing very short gestures, training your brain to both see rhythm and prioritise elements/filter information. btw i had a big revelation about rhythm and what gesture is supposed to be when i saw glenn vilppu draw for the first time recently. so if you havent already, check him out! hes the best! i want to be just like him in like 10 years lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PKaurk View Post
    Those characters are awesome. Really admire your anatomy drawings. Do you ever go to figure drawing sessions from life?
    thanks so much dude! i wish, unfortunatelly there's no such thing here, i live in a small greek island. even finding art supplies is hard here. there's only 1 thing per kind. like 1 charcoal pencil, 1 good fineliner, 1 graphite type. and when i dared to ask for newsprint paper once, i sensed they thought i was filming some prank video or sth. so having a girlfriend pose for me is as close as i can get to life drawing, but the best part is that i dont have a girlfriend! ha! got fast connection though! so yea i practice from quickposes.com and sites like that.

this is a poster i made for a friend, she gave me the typography and i did the illustration. its in greek, it reads "Sensual" and below is the date and place and stuff. im pretty happy with it! but ofc all crit is more than welcome

Thanks
    Man, your sense of construction is amazing. I'm loving your sketches, they have so much energy. Can I ask what pen you are using?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ghosttbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow... I just watched glenn vilppu draw and I feel like I understand so much more then I did! I'm already starting to see a difference! Also been doing fast gestures since you mentioned it on my sketchbook... but I think I failed to pay attention to the rhythm and movement over just the shapes... I did more today without worrying about the shapes and I feel like that also is helping. I'll keep trying. Movement is pretty important to me because I want to make comics... and it's hard to make a still story come alive if my poses are stiff and don't have that life.

Awesome poster, I like the slightly scribbled glasses and highlights, feel like it adds the right mood to the image. The only thing I notice is that the one girls hand disappearing behind the text at the top looks sort of awkward. I love the image though, looks like a fun event!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HeathWalsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulGarcia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosttbrush View Post
    Man, your sense of construction is amazing. I'm loving your sketches, they have so much energy. Can I ask what pen you are using?
    thank you!! i use 0.3 fineliner, the brand is called "edding". thats the only brand they sell where i live. sometimes i like to outline with 1mm marker, also edding.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathWalsh View Post
    Awesome poster, I like the slightly scribbled glasses and highlights, feel like it adds the right mood to the image. The only thing I notice is that the one girls hand disappearing behind the text at the top looks sort of awkward. I love the image though, looks like a fun event!
    just keep practicing! when i started i had no idea what i was even looking for, my brain hurt so much when i was doing these. it takes time, but you ll start feeling the rhythm eventually. dont worry just be concistent and dont stress it! another artist that i think is insightful for gesture is TB choi, check her out if you want. shes very young but ROCKING IT.

thanks for that critique! didnt pay attention to that hand, i ll sure go fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGarcia View Post
    Love seeing your work!
    thank you!!!

Thanks
    these and the previous ones are from imagination. i try to make a habbit of filling at least a page with sth before bed. but if i sit on my desk im always too tired to not be distracted by the pc and i never draw. so i take these in bed with me until i fall asleep. these days i cant find time for proper practice and i want to murder everyone.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast