Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Many of your drawings, to me, convey interesting form and energy. I really like the naked man with the crosshatching above and your dwarf. That naked man's shadows are so strong it looks so well composed! I can't stop looking at it.

Keep up the good work!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TomTom605 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey dude! You have some great natural ability i think, you just have to culture it and you will get good!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimonas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    TomTom thanks a lot! well the man's photo was very good, i almost always skip men when im doing quickposes but the shadows were so clear on this one that they even made me draw a man! also i was kinda lied down on my chair so i viewed my monitor from low angle which makes it have more contrast and merges some values. i guess it was a happy accident
    crosshatching is actually me trying to make straight lines and control my arm without touching the paper cause i still suck with charcoal. and whenever there is some blank space on the paper i try to fill it with some kind of line control practice where there's not enough room for another figure.
    Kimonas so nice of you man you gave me a great boost thank you! your work looks amazing i dropped by your sketchbook but your level's too high for me to critique anything, stay awesome

i finally started a schoolism subscription. i still have almost zero free time but i realised that there's always gonna be some shyt messing up my time and i ve waited too long. im at a point that whenever my phone rings my cat shits itself because it knows im gonna start punching stuff screaming before i pick it up. and when the school makes changes on their stupid schedule and move their jokes of classes around, thoughts of death hatred and destruction consume me entirely.

so i started with drawing fundamentals class and here's some exercises from the first 2 lessons. i especially hate that giraffe
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Thanks
    the white house is another exercise from schoolism that i did twice for some reason and some random stuf. still struggling to control charcoal

Thanks
    I think that with the charcoal pencil its a better habit to try and produce lines on the thiner side at the beginning.
    also if you are working small it could contribute to the chunky linework.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrayPersona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparekiss View Post
    i think he just darkened and desaturated the whole thing and fixed little mistakes here and there like his hat being overlit and too intense rim light. i dunno, my version seems like he's wrapped with nylon compared to this darker one. too reflective.
    Oh, I thought you did the paintover.
    Anyway, i think it works quite well because darkening the shadow area made it into one big simple shape and took a lot of unnecessary detail out of it. This shifts the focus to the chest and face nicely.

By the way, did you know that 9/11 was an inside job?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggeraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just adding to what Gray said. It helps to have the charcoal pencil sharpened to a long point, since that will produce much finer lines. But having a larger surface to work on would be best. I've watched people use charcoal pencils and the size of their paper can seem ridiculously large - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t7Rm1xcb1k...melapse_01.jpg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shoebill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is some very very impressive work for someone who is entirely self taught and hasn't drawn all that much before. I think it shows great intelligence of how quickly you've picked this up and that will help you tremendously while you improve further. The schoolism courses are great although I thought the one you're doing now "Fundamentals of Drawing" I believe, was quite disappointing. I can highly recommend "Fundamentals of Lighting" by Sam Nielson, that taught me a lot. Keep this level of dedication up and you could be working in the industry in a short amount of time. Best of luck!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    first things first
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggeraz View Post
    By the way, did you know that 9/11 was an inside job?
    Tiggeraz, i knew that someone would bring that up eventually... and the truth is, i had no idea man.

shoebill, gray, i agree maybe charcoal is for bigger paper. i started with a4 and the last ones are a3. and i still feel its not enough room. someday i may take photos of how i hold the pencil and do lines and also how i sit in the chair and face the paper cause all this feels uncomfortable and i dont know if im practicing correctly. its really frustrating not having anyone just tell you "you re doing it all wrong bitch just hold it like that, put the paper there, sit on your ass like this and shut up". i try to copy from proko, vilppu and some watts atelie sample videos but they dont do it all the same way. anyway thanks for the tips guys.

Dennis really appreciate that you took the time to say that you really lifted my morale. i agree about the fundamentals class. i was expecting much more in depth stuff and the instructor's voice is kind of irritating lol. but i know that other classes are great so im not dissapointed from my choice to start schoolism. fundamentals of lighting and painting with color and light were the classes that sold me on the subscription but i dont think i should take them yet they re too advanced maybe. im thinking taking gesture drawing next, then intro to digital, then digital painting, and then take the lighting lessons. and then character stuff. i think thats a reasonable sequence. and if i finish all those ill take enviros. i know its usefull skill to draw enviros but its the most boring thing for me i really wouldnt want to work as enviro artist.

anyway here's some digital sketches i did last night, the left girl is not finished ill continue it sometime today maybe.

Thanks
    Awesome! It's crazy how much progress you made! I hope I will come this far too!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibou-kun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Had a little scroll through your pages so far. Your work seems to be coming along nicely, I particularly like the character on the left in your last image. Keep it up!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottAyres For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    kibu-kun and scottayres thanks guys! kibu its only up to you man!
    little update on that girl, i think something about the face is off but whatever.

Thanks
    Hey Sparekiss! It is so amazing that you use crosshatching as a form of practice. That is such an interesting approach. I was never very good at crosshatching but love the style of it; especially in comic books!

Also for your most recent content, I love your characters! I could never call such nice characters sketches lol. They look like adventure characters; perhaps with a bit of a "Legend of Zelda" feel going on.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TomTom605 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Love it! I really like being able to see the construction lines in your work with more finalized work on top, really insightful. I'll definitely be following your work 😊

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Langstn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Really great use of values on those two characters, very impressive!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast