Thanks

Trying to get into Concept art, need help!

Name:  SKULLBLIN.jpg
Views: 2083
Size:  148.2 KB

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I'm trying to get into doing concept art, and I thought that rather than produce an entire portfolio of things that might be presented badly, I'd post this and ask if I'm doing the right thing.

My thought process for this piece was to just draw a lot of these kinds of characters and items to give a sense of what kind of culture and lifestyle these creatures have and the variety of what can be done with this concept, is that the right kind of thinking?

If I carried on with these I would probably include 360 views, small paragraphs explaining content further and maybe some action poses, tho I would assume the action poses may not need to be as detailed.

As it is I have never worked a concept art job so this piece is more designed to show off my abilities, and I'm just wondering if I've got the right idea and if not, what can I do to improve? both art-wise and thought process-wise.

Any advice would be greaty appreciated.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Start trying to do not copy a Monster Hunter concept art.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1819
Size:  26.4 KB

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moglas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Haha, maybe should have mentioned that they were based off of this, my bad, I am still kind of new to this, tho I am curious since you bring it up, whats the general concensus on creating concepts based on unused concepts from other companies? in that this monster hunter design is so strong that I felt it could be expanded upon in a lot of ways.

Naturally what I have drawn are early iterations (considering how close they are to this design) and I'm sure I could develop them into their own, maybe more original forms, but I would definately be sure to give credit where its due.

Sorry about the lack of explanation