Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

What Do You Think Of The Karma Law

Law Of The Universe Means What To You And Your Life?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    There`s one universal law called gravity. it keeps me from flying , so i hate it!

Thanks
    karma is like slapstick comedy...equal & opposite reactions....and it's funny.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    i read about how the universe will be as you expect it to be. if you believe in karma, you will see examples of karma a lot more often than someone who doesnt believe.
    so that said, belief in any aspect of the universe will begin to reflect that same image on anyones life. the universe is important to me in the way i think and feel. and that, in turn, makes me feel important. i would guess.

i figure a better question to ask (previously asked by einstien, so i aint taking credit for it) is:
    is the universe friendly?
    and that is something only we as induviduals can ask ourselves.

sorry for may poor spelling and gammer, english is my first and only language

Thanks
    Karma is only in a sense an idea that is another way of hope. Hope in that our cursed existence forced on by another will reflect back in a duel justice of balance that is the universe. Or something like that.

Thanks
    My karma ran over my dogma.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash
    There`s one universal law called gravity. it keeps me from flying , so i hate it!

that one made me luagh...
    i don't really believe in Karma...i just believe that the choices i make, affect my future.
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    i read about how the universe will be as you expect it to be. if you believe in karma, you will see examples of karma a lot more often than someone who doesnt believe.
    actually, those who are...karmatically enlightened I guess you could call it, fail to really see any karma at work, because typically, karma is there so that your will reaches equillibrium. You want/do something bad, so a bad thing is reflected back at you. You do a good thing, and thusly, good intentions are reflected back at you.

Now the kicker, is that one who truly believes in karma thinks that karma is all good. A bad thing happening to counter a bad thing is a good thing....a lesson learned so to speak. And so, everything that happens is good. There's no equillibrium to reach since it's already all good.

So once you truly subscribe to the whole concept of karma it ceases to exist.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Rob, that was really deep (sarcasm detector: zero sarcasm). It sounds a lot like the axiom that measuring a phenomena affects the outcome (albeit sometimes very little).

lil'Tao's view is similar to the effect seen in Eric, the Viking, where the Christian, who did not believe in Valhalla, et al, was unable to see any of the Viking afterlife and was similarly unaffected by it.

Karma, with the company logo, "What comes around, goes around", seems to break down at the edges. There are a lot of truly caring, really nice people who are having an epically crappy time of it here on Earth, while Paris Hilton and Ashton Kutcher seem to be doing fairly well, despite any real evidence of anything close to reciprocity (just two examples).

Things have gone extremely well in my life and I try to mete out my good fortune to my fellow man (in the form of 35 cents-off coupons for tomato sauce and chicken tenders), so I'd have to say that I try to adhere to the principles of Karma (without really thinknig about it like that). I am with slash, though: gravity is the cause of almost every plane crash (not the ones where the plane was pointed nose down to begin with) and is a bane to aviators everywhere.

Thanks
    Shit happens....Karma's a crutch for people who don't want to believe in the only law....Murphy's law.
    (Insert stupid, pointless, and offensive signature here)
    www.wayofthegeek.com My web comic full of stupid geekiness.
    www.carterillustration.com My website filled with freelancing EVIL.

Thanks
    QUOTE: Shit happens....Karma's a crutch for people who don't want to believe in the only law....Murphy's law.

thats true, shit does happen, and that is uncontrollable... and again, if you view life in a way where the universe is trying to shit on your shoes, you'll see life that way.

i'd hate the world if that was my view point, but it isnt.

"mr pale, i am the universe! im going to shit on you! ha ha!"

Thanks
    Not only shit happens, everything happens. There is no chance, everything which happens could not have happened otherwise, there is no purpose to this. Chaos does not exist, it is order without possible overview.

Time for bed, I'll elobarate if people don't understand .
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    I believe in a thing called love.

Thanks
    /me just listens to the rhythm of Presence's heart.
    There's a chance we can make it now?

Floris....determinism indeed. Except that free will is chance. And to add chance upon chance, people are able to disobey themselves(ie: I'm gonna stop eating and getting fat).

The nature of the universe is one of opposites. Light allows us to percieve dark, and vice versa. Hot allows us to percieve cold.
    So naturally, for there to be purpose, there also must be no purpose. For there to be God, there must also be not God. For there to be Chaos, there must also be determinism.

Also, the way that Light and (See Presence's last post, haha)Darkness allow us the ability to perceive eachother, we see that they're so tied that they might as well be the same thing...for without one we cannot conceptualize the other. If there was no light, we wouldn't know what darkness was.
    Same goes with Good and Bad....which, going back to my last post, is what a karmatically enlightened person experiences. Good and Bad as the same thing.

...everything matters equally, so nothing matters at all....so you're right...there's no purpose to it all...BECAUSE there is a purpose to it all.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook

Thanks

Humans are still around due to the ability to see patterns in life.These patterns provide us with a way to understanding our percieved world.
    If I walk past a billboard that advertises Canada,then later see a maple leaf on the ground,it is possible to connect those two observations with the known fact that I am waiting for a job in Canada,that this is a 'sign'.Perhaps I may get that job,so it could be with Karma apparently shade comes from light if I hit that arsenal supporter my skinny arse is dead and on it goes.Karma could be the translation of events to support our own desires or fears.
    In quantum theory(as best i understand it) the very act of observation of an experiment will change its outcome,I think that is more like life all our observations and reactions create a world of ebbing changes.
    The reality of life/Karma in my humble opinion is that we are all connected and hold powerful sway over our lives,However if a vast interstellar craft passes by and blasts our world to kingdom come,we will together observe that we are still fu**ed!.

Thanks
    What you're talking about is a limitation of human mind called binary thinking.
    If there were no dark there'd be no need to observe light. Light would be nothing.

If nothing mattered human race would have died out aeons ago, beacuse nobody would care enough to eat, sleep, work, or procreate. It might feel cool to think that you have this kind of enlightened attitude, but if you really did, you wouldn't be alive right now.
    I think I might need to clarify here. Of course some things matter to some people. And in that sense, yes, things matter, duh.
    But in the grand scheme of things nothing matters(whether we die or whether we LIVE). Reality doesn't fail to exist if there's no purpose. It's only according to some states of mind that no purpose is even a depressing thing. To many, it's totally freeing. Without a purpose to discover, the will can create a purpose of it's own. The purpose of my life isn't to eat, or to not eat. I eat because my will desires it.
    There's absolutely no connecting factors in your statement saying that without a purpose we would die....as if purpose is the only thing keeping us alive?? Free will is what makes us alive.
    (Note: I'm not dismissing any spiritual or religious notions of what our purpose is/might be...only saying that it does nothing vital to the continued existence of reality.)

-Rob
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    What is the matrix?

Thanks
    whoa Rufus, thats totaly excellent...

speaking of the universe there is a lunar eclipse tonignt.
    the affore mentioned is completely false and should not be taken litterally. the views expressed by lil'Tao are not nessesarily the views of me or anyone else living, dead or undead. this has been a paid for advertisement for the fat trapper

skmetch boot

Thanks
    Binary thinking in action.
    Just because you cannot conceptualize dark without light, or light without dark, doesn't mean they can't exist one without the other.
    ok, well, so far as light and dark are relevant to anything, if you took away one, we wouldn't be able to percieve the other, even if it still did exist. Be that a result of the 'binary thinking process' or not, it's the way it is.

Let me get this staright, you want to think that there is no purpose so that you can think of one for yourself?
    Reality is, _there isn't_ a purpose, whatever you want to do at the moment is your purpose, that's it. Unless, ofcourse, you believe in reincarnation, heaven, other dimensions and other such things.
    first question: sure, a person could do that...decide that fulfilling their own will is their purpose, yeah. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter...it's not like it's a purpose intended by the universe or anything. It's a fabricated purpose.
    Your following statements: so we agree then? _there isn't_ a purpose?

If you haven't had a purpose, then you wouldn't bother existing
    that is false. Without a purpose I have no reason to not bother existing either.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    without purpose there's no reason to do the easiest thing or the hardest thing, so, no, it's not an obvious choice. What does it matter if I take the hard road or the easy one? Free will.

Going back to the karma thing and how good and bad are both good...just because something is easier doesn't mean that it's better. There's no obvious choice after all, because both options are equally good. Perception is the only thing that might imply that it's better to not exist than to exist.
    And we really can't trust perception all the time. Not that it matters whether we do or not, haha.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts

Thanks
    "mr pale, i am the universe! im going to shit on you! ha ha!"
    Ah crap I hate it when that happens! Now I have to shower again.

See now it could be that lil'Tao made that comment because of Karma punishing me for my past misdeeds (Hell yes there has been many). Or it could be that I didn't deserve that (snicker), in that cas lil'Tao has now angered Karma and should be carefull of it's retribution.

Note to self: Pick up large amounts of poop to fling at lil'Tao, Karma must be satisfied.
    (Insert stupid, pointless, and offensive signature here)
    www.wayofthegeek.com My web comic full of stupid geekiness.
    www.carterillustration.com My website filled with freelancing EVIL.

Thanks
    I'm afraid you did not quite get what I was saying NoUseFrAName. What you are describing is how everything, for us humans with our limited senses, is relative to oneanother. Lemme give an example of my theory (which I recap on every party should enough alcohol be inserted).

Imagine a 8-ball table. When you hit the white ball it bounces against the triangle of other balls and everything is set in motion. Given you know how hard, under what angle, etc, you hit the white ball, as well as all the properties of all the items present, you could calculate how each ball will bounce around the table, hitting eachother, influencing eachother, etc. It's quite possible, computer games do it.

Now take the same table, and make it twice as big, with twice as many balls. It's still possible to calculate the movement of all the balls, but it's a bit harder.

Now keep makin the table bigger, and adding more and more balls to it. The time it requires to calculate the movement of the balls keeps becomming longer as well. When the size of the table and the number of balls nears infinity, the time requred to calculate the movement does too.

So in essence, it's possible to calculate the movement of the balls, but you are not capable of that (within your lifespam, or the lifespan of earth, etc etc). You just lost overview because of your own limitations. There is still order, the movement can be calculated, but you can't do it, so you percieve it as chaos.

Which leads us back to
    Quote Originally Posted by Floris Didden
    Chaos does not exist, it is order without possible overview.
    Now replace all the 8-balls with all the matter and energy in Existence and make the first shot of the white-ball the beginning of space-time.

Choice is but an illusion.
    /fd

Thanks
    lol exo, exactly!!!!

The thing is NONE of us have a clue, end of story. The human mind is not even capable of seeing nor understanding the forces at work in this world. It is pretty much the same as reading first years physics to your dog in hopes he will understand when he does not even have the CAPACITY to understand the language which is being spoken to him.

Thanks
    on that note... good and evil do not exist they are only fabrications of the human mind to justify or condemn are action or inaction on any given thing we do. without good there is no evil. without bad artists there are no good artists. Even if you break this theory down to its most basic element you will find that everything in the universe is make up of two completely seperate elements. dark matter and light matter. dark is the substance that everything is made of and light matter is the area for which in can move around in. if light matter didnt exist then dark matter would cease to exist. if dark didnt exist then light matter would would not exist because in essence it is nothing. the spectrum of life as like to call it is what keeps the universe stable.

Thanks
    Actually, Puppy, no. Read Yutani's posts. Everything is relative to us humans only because of the limits of our senses and power of comprehension. If you are facing away from a blue ball behind you, is it gone, or can you merely not see it? Can either of the answers possible to tha question be proven? No.

A mindgame: If there is only light, we, as humans, can not distinguish it from anything, because it is omni-present. But the fact remains there is only light, because that is the hypothetical situation we came up with, the only fact we know for certain in that mindgame.
    /fd

Thanks
    I'm on a roll, hot shizzle!

If man created the concept of god and religion as a means of coping with a world it does not understand, then the concept of the devil is older, and evil is the only truth.

First man is confronted with the evil of the world. Dangerous animals, lightning, but also bad behaviour such as jealousy and murder which undermines the intergrity of society, endangering the survival of the spiecie. This leads to forming of the Devil concept. In order to counter the evil, God is invented to ward of evil and teach people how to cope with the world and it's dangers and how to live life in a way which best promotes the survival of mankind.

So first the Devil, then God.

Mmm, just made that up on a roll, interesting to think about imo. Don't mean to offend anyone, please take no offence to the religious plasphemy. Damn this thread is keeping me away from completing my website .
    /fd

Thanks
    stop mind fucking each other and draw something dammit! laws of art universe- artists love to procrastinate(i do...really thats why i wrote my previous reply and why im writing this one.lol) so stop tying because the laws of the universe say typing does not equal artistic progresiion. have a nice day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluepuppy
    typing does not equal artistic progresiion
    Haha, fucker, too true. Pilosophy does inspire the shit out of me for art though, so I'm fueling the fire for everyone else who has the same thing as me .
    /fd

Thanks
    im still here...still fuckin procrastinating...just as bad as you though. well.. these threads are so damn addicting. its like electronic crack. at least i have the balls to admit it!!! hahahahaha....so if im the fucker you are the fuckee so says the laws of the puppy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast