View Poll Results: Pick your favourite Pokefusion!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lander

2 16.67%
  • aburnier

3 25.00%
  • AbrahamDHR

2 16.67%
  • anise

1 8.33%
  • Orm Irian

2 16.67%
  • Arbinn

1 8.33%
  • Moirae

1 8.33%
  • fabianguiza

0 0%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 718 Posts

COW #373: PokeFusions - VOTING!

COW #373: PokeFusions - VOTING!

VOTING IS NOW OPEN! Please vote for which entry you feel best adheres to the topic's brief and requirements, based on the concept's design, creativity, execution, etc!
    If you have submitted an entry to this thread please refrain from voting for your own entries. I will deduct your vote from your entry if you do so.
    In the event of a multi-vote round please avoid voting for more than 3 or 4 entries. Votes won't be deducted if you do so, but keep in mind your vote is essentially wasted if you decide to vote for every single entry.
    You may critique and comment on the submitted entries if you like. As long as you play nice!

Round Requirements:
    -choose any two existing pokemon (but only two pokemon) to fuse together into one abomination
    -redesign based on your chosen two pokemon
    Last edited by Rob Powell; November 24th, 2016 at 10:53 PM.
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Artist: Lander

Concept: Dewgong/Venomoth

Name:  dewgong_venomoth_wellander.jpg
Views: 2139
Size:  182.3 KB
    The magical fusion happened over the ocean and the presence of such a big body of water forced the creature to a aquatic adaptation.
    It's been spotted over the Baltic sea in late 2015. First appearing as a ping on the military marine systems.
    Sculpt some more.
    My path of learning (sb)
    What I do
    wellander.com
    Where I sell my sculptures
    Galleri Hantverket
    Where I have my studio
    Bryggeriet

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: aburnier

Concept: Pinstar (Pinsir/Omastar)

This abomination escaped from an illegal Pokemon genetic experimentation facility. At fate would have it, decades later it emerged from the depths to terrorize the coastlines of the Kanto region. Thus far, no human military means or Pokemon from other trainers have been able to stop it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aburnier; November 23rd, 2016 at 10:17 AM.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aburnier For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: AbrahamDHR

Concept: Moltking

Pokefusion of Moltres and Nidoking

Name:  Pokefusion - Nidoking+Moltres.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  108.9 KB

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AbrahamDHR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: anise

Concept: Gasvee

Fusion of Gastly and Eevee. It is widely believed that the Gasvee appears to guide travelers who have become lost in the forest. It is debatable whether this service is worth the cost.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anise For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Orm Irian

Concept: Parapas

When it was discovered that Paras mushroom-virus is actually highly contaminous, it was already too late. Many pokémon already mutated and the proud race of Lapras already seized to be.
    People now keep their pokémon as isolated as possible to save them from the spreading virus - Pokémon fights were banned and people were actually quite afraid that this virus might adapt and infect people as well...

Name:  Parapas.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  192.1 KB
    Last edited by Orm Irian; November 23rd, 2016 at 05:48 PM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orm Irian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Arbinn

Concept: Weevee

Poor weevee was the only pokemon that never got adopted...
    Last edited by Arbinn; November 23rd, 2016 at 11:59 AM.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arbinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: Moirae

Concept: Weeizard (Weezing / Charizard)

Team rocket have discovered the dark secret of Pokemon fusion. It involves leaving a ditto in a Pokemon daycare centre for so long that it goes mad and tries to be two Pokemon at once. Eggs from this unfortunate ditto produce powerful Pokemon, all of which unfortunately are utterly insane, not that team rocket thinks that a disadvantage...

Name:  Weeizard.jpg
Views: 1863
Size:  251.4 KB
    Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 718 Posts
    A little over an hour to go...In the meantime I have went ahead and posted the new topic! Rather than shortening it to a week and a half due to this topic's extension I simply gave it the extra few days so that it can get us back on schedule...

Unfortunately I was unable to give myself an opportunity to work on one of my Fusions beyond sketches, but it's was a sun process nonetheless! Everyone's are looking great!
    Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Thanks
    Artist: fabianguiza

Concept: tentaduck - golcruel

They said it couldn't be done, but life found a way

Name:  pokefusion_final.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  357.4 KB

Thanks
    Thank's for a great round. It was a pleasure to be back and play some.
    Back in the days we tried to give each other some crit. It's all very subjective and you may do what you will with what I type. It's all just my personal thoughts on your work. I only do this for fun so I'm no expert and most of the time it feels lika I can hardly draw so take it with a lot of salt. I have no personal engagement in the Pokemon universe so I won't have any comments on the actual fusions.

aburnier : I have a hard time with the blurring of the image that may or may not have with the abilities of the creature. I'd like to have focus on the eye where my focus goes but now there are other parts of the feature that are in focus. also the high contrast red/green areas are a bit to effective distracting me. Over all I really like the design. The hard shell and the soft parts go well together. Also the protruding eyes are very alien and scary . Good work!

AbrahamDHR : The creature is flat and need more work on the light and shadows. I would suggest that you start on a paper that is 50% gray and work your values from there. I have a really hard time with values myself and every once in a while when it works it's like pure magic. More like sculpting than painting. Maybe integrate the tail with some feathers so that it doesn't look apart from the rest. If you do some more work I think you'll have a really nice piece for your portfolio. There is a nice balance to the stance and I like your colors. Well done.

anise : I've got problems with the face on this one. The ears are awesome! but the rest of the face is confusing. multiple rim lights and two noses? You could add some anatomical features to the body as the chest that normally shows between the front legs. Really nice flames. I tried that once and it looked like crap

Orm Irian : A bit washed out in the colors. Work on your light and shadows. You have a lot of very very cool features but lacking a light source the image goes flat and the volume is absent. work with the cast shadow on the ground to make it grounded. Very very cool design!

Arbinn : Haha! yes well no wonder. That looks lika it has some serious health problems I think you would have nailed this one had you only had some more time. The perspective looks kind of funky but that might be on me. Well done.

Moirae : Again we have the values issue. Decide where you have your light source and work your values from there. Try converting it to gray scale and rework your values. Those crazy disgusting titties blew me away so you got my vote.

fabianguiza : It looks a bit cut out from the background and flat. Work with your values and your light source. It looks very spiritual and god like. i like the eye

As I said. This is what I see and think and you may have very good reasons for creating your art the way you do. And you should. So you can totally ignore me
    Hope to see ya all soon in cow.
    Sculpt some more.
    My path of learning (sb)
    What I do
    wellander.com
    Where I sell my sculptures
    Galleri Hantverket
    Where I have my studio
    Bryggeriet

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lander For This Useful Post: