Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Thanks
    Looking good, I am a newbie too, will post my stuff soon.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SaloTase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SaloTase View Post
    Looking good, I am a newbie too, will post my stuff soon.

Hey brother! Thanks! I've been working on my sticky points, hope to get some stronger fundamentals till the end of the year, looking forward to see your stuff too! Be always very welcome to critique and share your thoughts about my work

Thanks
    Learning with Evens Amundsen work, great artist, awesome drawing skills

Name:  gogo.png
Views: 186
Size:  281.8 KB

Name:  ponho.png
Views: 186
Size:  249.1 KB

Name:  tumblr_oprbwz6ytO1us8bpwo1_1280.png
Views: 185
Size:  351.9 KB

Thanks
    More study from Evens work

Name:  go.png
Views: 181
Size:  88.0 KB

Thanks
    Nice studies, maybe try to spend a little longer studying one piece instead of jumping a bit all over the place in a very short time span. For instance last week you were doing some great rendering and lighting studies which I think you should continue to do more of. These last studies are looking very nice, you're definitely on the right track!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Kessel View Post
    Nice studies, maybe try to spend a little longer studying one piece instead of jumping a bit all over the place in a very short time span. For instance last week you were doing some great rendering and lighting studies which I think you should continue to do more of. These last studies are looking very nice, you're definitely on the right track!
    Thank you so much, i'm always happy with feedback, i'm studying by myself this year, so my fundamentals are really poor yet, i figured out that it would be cool to have a little bit of all fundamentals, before going hard on a specific one, so i can create something here and there to distract me, also i do my best to stay motivated in this fundamentals construction, not the most fun section of learning, for this, the dynamic of new things everyday keep me refreshed, allowing more consistency and fun with this section.
    I'll try to stick with them for longer, thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me!

Thanks
    Morning practice

Name:  cel.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  drz.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  86.9 KB

Thanks
    Name:  NOW.png
Views: 92
Size:  107.0 KB

I've started to practice vehicles, here's one i came up today, still a lot to work on

Thanks
    Name:  froggo.png
Views: 72
Size:  266.5 KB

Thanks
    Studying values Eytan Zana

Name:  focks.png
Views: 60
Size:  260.1 KB

Thanks
    Name:  focks2equal.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  focks3equal.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  74.2 KB

More morning practice, tips are always welcome

Thanks
    Name:  value.png
Views: 42
Size:  418.8 KB

More

Thanks
    Name:  rinoc.png
Views: 25
Size:  240.5 KB

Practicing

Thanks
    hey dude, nice studies and work ethic. my opinion is that you're not learning that much just by copying amazing artists. you could do that if you wanted to study their style and steal something from them, or test yourself to gain insight on what to study next to achieve that level of work. the copying alone isn't a source of improving. guys like eytan worked their ass off to get the fundamentals down to science. same as amundsen, he's also one of my favorites, master of figures and anatomy. his work screams "i really know what im doing damn it!". they didn't just draw stuff and one day became gods. you gotta look out for your improvement and actively search about what you dont understand and what you need to study. studying kopinski's inking techniques is the last thing you should be doing in my opinion. i mean it's good, but only if you know what you re looking for. something that you allready know but wanna get insight on how kopinski does it. if you dont know that thing, you re not gonna learn it from his sketches.

just my two cents, hope you dont take it too seriously, of course you can do what you want and you probably know whats best for you. just saying that cause i see you re willing to improve and your stuff aint bad already! its only an advice that i would give you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparekiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparekiss View Post
    hey dude, nice studies and work ethic. my opinion is that you're not learning that much just by copying amazing artists. you could do that if you wanted to study their style and steal something from them, or test yourself to gain insight on what to study next to achieve that level of work. the copying alone isn't a source of improving. guys like eytan worked their ass off to get the fundamentals down to science. same as amundsen, he's also one of my favorites, master of figures and anatomy. his work screams "i really know what im doing damn it!". they didn't just draw stuff and one day became gods. you gotta look out for your improvement and actively search about what you dont understand and what you need to study. studying kopinski's inking techniques is the last thing you should be doing in my opinion. i mean it's good, but only if you know what you re looking for. something that you allready know but wanna get insight on how kopinski does it. if you dont know that thing, you re not gonna learn it from his sketches.

just my two cents, hope you dont take it too seriously, of course you can do what you want and you probably know whats best for you. just saying that cause i see you re willing to improve and your stuff aint bad already! its only an advice that i would give you

It's amazing to have such a deep critique about my work, i'm really glad that you used some of your time to put your opinion with respect, and sugestions to make improvements, some of the stuff i'm posting here is the result of some practice, in the copies above, i was trying to get a better understanding of how those artists, defined form with lines, how they wrapped, and where, i've been having a hard time with it, where i seem to misplace and not define volumes very well, in the paintings, i tried to absorve and observate the values (still messing up with it), and the direction and size of the brush strokes.
    Some of my studies before the trials can be found here http://annoyingpiratephantom.tumblr.com
    Maybe i should try to write down the stuff i'm trying to achieve, in order to recieve more of this kind of qualified feedback, i feel really greatful and would like to see you here sometime again, thank you so much brother!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsuperocket For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6