Thread: Ico

Thanks

Ico

oh man... i am so moved i simply must talk about this. I just now beat it, and, ICO is, perhaps, the most shining example of art and emotion I have ever witnessed within a video game. utter perfection. this game was so well done, every little snag in the plot, every little twist. my words can do little to describe this game. masterpiece. and to think, it sold so poorly? people just didnt want to risk $30 on a game without glamorous media attention. its sad. fortunately, there is supposedly a sequel in the works, and I for one will buy it immediately. this game... this game! man... its new, its oldschool, its everything you could want. the ending in fact nearly brought me to tears because of the ending itself to the fact that it ended... I wished it could have gone on and on, even though that that would have hurt it. this game, is everything done right. every detail is perfect.

this game is beauty. you owe it to yourself to buy this game, and love it as much as I do.

chris

**end fanboy transmission**

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    probably my favorite game of all time. but sorry for the bad news.....the sequel was scrapped a while ago. the game didn't sell as much as Ueda and his team thought. but they are making a game that is to be just as good as ICO and just as atmospheric albeit....not ICO. sniff, sniff.

ps. you watched all the credits right?

Thanks
    I agree I bought and beat the game when it came out last September....I know what you're saying about mixing the oldschool...it reminded me of a 3d "out of this world" (one of my fav alltime games) which is why I loved Ico to death..I wish it wasnt so short though....I was so great I wanted more and more....which really pisses me off to hear about the sequel.:mad:

Thanks
    yeah man, all the way till 'fin' that last bit is part of what really set it off for me. and yeah i heard that the sequel was scrapped... but what im referring to is a world very very similar if not the same. i found a screenshot in an add by some developers asking for people for a new 'project'. i dug the image up, here:

http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsS...501_en_GB_NEWS

notice the horns? i found a bigger picture of this a while back but i cant find it now. sorry. whether true sequel or set in the universe, it will be awesome.(i hope).

chris

Thanks
    "our sources say ICO 2 is on the way"

chris you may have just made my year!!! i have been under the idea that ICO 2 would never happen. It was very nice to see that little article...THANKS!!!!!

Thanks
    hehe no problem, im a servant of the bettering of society after all. ico should be on everyones to-do list.

chris

Breadshoes Guest
    I agree, this game is one of the most original I've played in a long time. I'm happy to hear that they're making another game.

Thanks
    This game was good I own it never got around to finishing it. I'm really close though. The environments in the game are just so sweet. I get bored though having to get that girl from place to place I just hit stuff or jump off cliffs.

about the sequal they reported on gameforms that they were making a sequal but then made a correction saying it wasnt a true sequal. you can read about it here http://www.gameforms.com/news/?233 gameforms is the best video game site that I know of and are very accurate but maybe it is.

right now I'm playing the Mark of Kri very sweet artwork is amazing I like the thing were it like draws the picture.

Thanks
    yeah i got mark of kri too, and it is quite a visual treat. i am however dissapointed with its length. this game is a rental...

chris

Thanks
    yeah the main story was kinda short but if you do the extras it gets up there. The only thing I was disappointed by was the ending. I thought you'd get to fight the main guy. Have any idea how they did those screen intros where the art goes from like scratch to a full drawing that is really cool. Did they just scan it in every line or something.

Thanks
    alot of the major drawing/painting applications have an option to save a script of the process you took while doing the art. painter does this, i think, and some other programs too. chances are they recorded it in that manner and converted the file to work as a cg movie in-game. it really is a neat effect . i especially enjoy how the game goes from colored lineart to 3d in-game environment at the start of a new level.

on a different note, does anyone know anything about these games: rez, frequency? im kinda looking for an arcadey just-for-fun game, and they look interesting, though hard to find.

chris

Thanks
    such a nice game, we had a copy at the last studio i worked for and i was absolutely floored, rarely are art and storytelling in a game that well done that it immerses you into it.
    http://www.animatedguy.com
    http://www.mineshaft.org

Thanks
    I rented and beat Ico.
    Yass i've got to agree with everyone here. Its a definate shinning example of great game art direction. The general tempo and feel reminds me of the game "Out of this world' from waaay back in the day.

Thanks
    i highly recommend rez, chris. it's very short, and the replayability is low unless you're a fan of the music (which is astonishingly good if techno is to your taste), as the few extras mostly consist of 'graphics remixes' and some character modifiers, but the design style is bedrock and it's a really cool, innovative idea overall. you may not play it solo once the novelty has worn off, but you'll definitely want to show all your friends. . .
    ;-)
    glenn

Thanks
    ive been trying to find rez actually. they stopped making it, and the only places that have it sell for like $50. ive been scrounging funcoland and babbages but no luck to far... .

chris

xnku Guest
    that game pretty much changed the way i thought about video games. i've been an avid gamer since i was about 2, hah, and it's one of the most incredible games i've ever played through.

and as far as the sequel goes, i've heard it's still on and will be coming to us sooner than we think... can't wait.

Thanks
    all the talk about rez made me looks into the (available) frequency.. which is extremely simple and yet the gameplay is a throwback to older times, great. much fun, and all i have is the demo! i think i might pick this up soon... definately one to look into. sequel on the way too.

chris

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.