Art: Teaser ad
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Teaser ad

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Teaser ad

Ok, I do realize conceptart.org is based upon concept art for characters, vehicles and environments but I do hope that graphic design is allowed as well. I am aware that there are other forums that potray more towards graphic design, but none are as busy or talented as conceptart.org.

Besides, the feedback from all types of artist is always welcomed.

Ok, so this is a teaser ad/banner for a fictional computer company aiming towards the college community for their market. The instructor demanded that a portion of it be done by hand, and that you take consideration of your audience when creating this.

As a college student myself, I am aware that this market does not have much money to spend on such things, much less food and items for school. So I decided the ad should have that inexpensive feel and look to it as well, almost hand-done entirely.

The portions of the assignment which were done by hand are the brown paper and barely visible floor plan on it. I dirtied it up myself by simply brushing it on the sidewalk, outside wall, and street. The rest is photoshop work.

So yeah, any comments and thoughts would be appreaciated. The instructor can give two craps what the final product is, as long as the requierments (being in cmyk, 300dpi, packaged correctly, etc.) are completed, since the focus of the class is playing the role of a freelancer. But why not have fun and try something new.

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Tyler Durden
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's really nice. The colours compliment eachother well. The barcode is a bit cliché though. Nice textures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudnik
    That's really nice. The colours compliment eachother well. The barcode is a bit cliché though. Nice textures.

yeah, really cliche. i mean, i think EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT has one!

i think it all looks amazing other than the stenciled or stamped "watch for it". the edges on those letters are way too sharp, and the corners, too. but good work

Last edited by evolve; October 24th, 2004 at 05:36 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the replies and advice guys.

Yeah, barcode is pretty much on every damn thing out there, heh. I thought w/o it, there may be too much empty space, but I believe if I fade it a tad more, it might do it some good.

Good call on softening the letters out, i'll have to give that a go.

Last edited by Gr8t100; October 24th, 2004 at 03:24 AM.
    "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Tyler Durden

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol when I saw this, it reminded me off the special edition dvd-box of Fight Club, then I saw your quote a fan I guess 8)
    Nicely done anyway!

Piru's Portfolio - Piru.be - WACOM Buying Guide - SHOW your STUDIOS!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uziel's SB! - Piru's Sketchbook & Epias' Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say the "Nexus technology" stamp could be darker, but otherwise very nice. It could definitely come from some advertisement firm. Perhaps there should be something unexpected in it, like fur showing beneath the paper or a childrens drawing of a dinosaur in the corner? What do I know..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool, thanks for the feedback.

Heh, I am guilty of being a HUGE fight club fan, being I own that dvd case you mentioned, but I knew from the start that I had wanted the piece to have a brown paper backdrop for my initial idea.

Good idea on darkening the nexus technology, I noticed it to later on as I was getting further along in it. Interesting suggestions for adding on to the piece, I'll look into that.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.