Thanks

Am I even good enough to do this?

Hello, all!

A very consistent theme that I've found looking through all of the Comp 1.1 and Color/Light 1.1 assignments is that all of them are way superior to the level of work that I can currently produce. I've never claimed to be an artist, and art has never been something I've invested a lot of time in up to this point in my life, but it's a skill that I now have a serious interest in improving. I really like the structured and criticism-focused approach to the LevelUp program, and it seems designed to build a really solid foundation. I like that the work is designed to meter your progress until you've attained sufficient mastery with the foundational skills, and that you're getting consistent feedback so that you're not floating out in the ether wondering where you should go or how you should focus your work to improve. But having looked at the work that people are submitting I feel like there's a "You must be this tall to ride" sign that's implied for the course.

So to get to the bottom line: Is the LevelUp program something that I can begin with virtually no tangible artistic foundation, or would it be best if I went through something like Proko, Ctrl+Paint, or DrawABox before coming here?

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Regards,

Debunk

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Per the website..
    Get great art workshops, and in-depth assignments that inspire and help you improve. Learn to draw and paint from the ground up, or improve your skills and refine your talent to reach your goals.
    http://www.conceptart.org/go/learn/