Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    getting out of your comfort zone is one of the best things to do, in order to improve and get a wider range of styles/techniques. imho its an essential part in the learning process, and realizing that drawing/painting stuff that isnt a lot of fun is way better than drawing the 1001th monster side view with tongue sticking out and tentacles. keep at it, man.

Jj.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wow mate looks like huge jump in skill and understanding in such a shor ttime ! all look really good the studies are paying off !

Thanks
    Sok - yeah, I'm starting to find out that even if I'm not sketching well, it still has me working.

Jj - Thanks, dood. You're absolutely right.

liam - Thanks much. I appreciat the encouragement.

Well, what can I say, 'cept I love sundays. I don't ever have to work, and now that school's pretty much done, I don't have homework either. Nothing to do but draw. I did these today in church and tweaking on coffee at a bookstore. More random stuff. figure studies. Interior of the chapel. more figure studies. hand studies. and last but not least my hour and a half coffee frenzy with some Android on the brain (complete with coffee stains!). No ref on anything, cept the chapel interior from life. I've got some problems with values. I think maybe I'm not using them with enough subtly and tact. I'm not sure. Any comments on that aspect are appreciated.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    No school today, so I stayed home and drew and tried to paint. I tried once before for about two days with some guaouuche (?). It didn't turn out too well. It was in Sept. I think. I had crappy brushes, crappy paints, crappy skeelz. This time around I decided to move up into acrylics and buy some halfway decent brushes. Getting closer to trying oils, but not yet. The pricetag alone is enough to scare me away. Feels pretty good so far. Figured out a couple of little things. Don't know what I figured out specifically, but I know its something. Anyway, on with the paints.

The first is a SP I did with those gouache in Sept. My first real attempt at a likeness with paint and consequently it doesn't really look like me. Next pic is acrylic still life from yesterday (blah). and then an abstractish SP that I did afterwards. The last I just finished about 20 minutes ago. I think it turned out the best. C+C please. I have no idea where to go with painting from here. Any advice would be helpful.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Sorry it's been a few days. I got caught up in a few things.

Well, the painting is going pretty well. This is probably the best SP I've ever done. The next sketch has some character concepts for my friends Moose and Jake. After that everything is pretty much same old. I think I used Marko for a ref on the robotic arm guy in the third pic.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Man your portrait paintings are awesome, way to color, something I need to start doing. Looks like your really churning alot of good ideas in your sketchbook, keep going my friend, draw it and they will come.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Sok - Thanks. A little painting or coloring would go well with your celeb studies.

More painting. This still life isn't really done. I had to go to work before I could finish the orange or table cloth. Used some markers yesterday on the robot. The two pictures after him I did while a bit tipsy last night. I'm screwing around with using my old smudge stick. It makes some nice effects. I think I'll keep using it. I've been really trying to loosen up the past couple of days. I've talked to a couple of credible people recently and both said that I should stop ananlyzing everything and try approaching the drawings a bit more intuitively, to develop something a little more out of the box, and push my boundaries. Sounds like a plan.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Thought I'd post the rest of the stuff I've done today. I'm going back home for a week, so I'll probably not be posting, and I'll have a dump when I get back. The painting in this one is the first acrylic I've done from imagination since I started. It's unfinished, but I'm damn tired.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Keep posting man, I love it that your experimenting with other mediums. The smudge stick helped me out alot back then to help me with values, I stopped using it after a bit once I started to just render everything with hatchlings.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Sok - Yeah, I love it too. But the dudes with airport security confiscated my acrylics during a random luggage search, so I had to leave them in Missouri. Argh! I'm pulling out my old pastels, working some ink wash, but none of it is taking place of my paint. I like the smudge stick because its so much faster than my normal shading techniques. The one thing that bugs me is that I have a realy hard time rendering any kind of texture while using it.

Well, I had a good week at home. I didn't get a lot done, in comparison to my normal work output, but I managed to produce a few pages and caught up with all of my friends and family. The dump that follow is pretty random. I'm not going to get into too many specifics, but I'll say that Donato, Feng, S.R. Peck, and some objects around my house were used as ref and inspiration.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    I've been working on spaceships for the past couple of days. I was checking out my cache of Feng's work and trying to figure out just how he conjures all those interesting shapes. So I decided to conduct a little exercise where I decided upon an overall layout of the shapes and from that point drew up as many ideas as I could taking advantage of that arrangement. I think it helped me become a little more aware how to forms relate one to another within a shape. Anyway, I used what I'd hopefully learned after one day to do some quick design for my friends' space campaign. I think my biggest problem now is that I'm conceptualizing all of these 3d objects in 2d. I'm having a hard time visualizing exactly how all the shapes recede and connect. C+C welcome.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Man, I just came over here to send some love back your way and what do I find? Another awesome thread to add to me list of usual visits. lol

You've got some wonderful stuff going here! You experiment with new stuff a ton! The progression is moving along wonderfully too. You really work hard and it shows! I don't know how you guys get so many pages done so quickly. I'm SO slow! Keep it up though man. Whatever yer eatin' hook the rest of us up!

BTW, I'm in STL so I'll grab those paints fer ya. Nice to find someone relatively close to me on this board. Everyone's always on the coasts!

Great stuff. Thanks for the post on my thread. Your advice really helps. I'm gonna give it a shot!

Thanks
    Excellent stuff. Love your figures and concepts, they just have so much life. Your paintings are excellent as well. Have you tried painting with oils? Every artist should give it a try

Thanks
    zebz - the love's greatly appreciated, dude. Thanks for shouting back. The only reason I "experiment" so much is because my attention span doesn't last longer than the day, so I'm always moving on to something new. My paints should be coming in tomorrow, or sometime after xmas. They were mailed on monday, but we'll see. yah, those bastards on the coasts have all the fun.

mos - thanks. I'm getting to oils as soon as I can. Once I get past this first year at school I'll be doing a few oil classes, but I'm wanting to get started early. As soon as I can afford to get a few I'll do so. Watercolors are also calling out to me softly. Argh, so many mediums, so little time.

Well, folks, I just finished this concept up for a friend's roleplaying game. I did a few thumbs, and he picked this style, so I spent the afternoon working it up and when I was done it looked like this. I'm pretty excited about the way it turned out. Any C+C about it would be great. This hard-edged tech drawing is not my forte.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Damn paints aren't here yet. I started jonesing for some old school action, so I resorted to using my crappy-ass beginner's guouche set. That thing sucks, but I got my paint fix.

Today's sketches include some pretty generic interior sketches (I'm terrible with perspective, so I'm giving it a go), some studies from Spectrum 11, and the guouche painting. the last one is unfinished because I didn't like it. Too creepy without reason.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast