Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Looks like this sketch book is in the right direction! Nice bro!

Are you attending art college?

-JtJ
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey this sketch book is a "rockin"
    you asked about color before...
    i tried but i ramble incoherently....

color and value are in seperable
    -------------------------------
    light is energy and it operates at differnt frequencies
    differnt frequencies are differnt colors
    objects only accept certain frequencies of light
    thats how an object gets its color
    say it only accepts energy\light that operates at a certain frequency like red
    so if you put a white light ( all of the frequencies on top of each other and mixed together) on this object and this object holds onto and absorbs all the reds there will be no more reds to hit you in the eye you are only able to see what hits you in the eye...so what you see is the remainder of the spectrum(subtract red) which would be a bluishgreen
    now for saturation it has alot to do with what i just said
    say you put a dim red light on an bluish green object it should be close to black
    or if you put a red light on it, it would be a highly saturated red
    it's rare for anything to be exaclty one color though so once you get more than one color that object starts to become desaturated
    another thing to keep in mind is that things like the red object we were talking about earlier have a light saturation point( or threshold value) for color if you exceed it you may start to see the color it usually accepts that is why i said a dim light earlier......
    theres more but arrrrrrgh to much typery

rambling here on out---------------------------------------------
    to determine the color of an object first think of the rules of light and its additive properties
    now think of what colors the light in the scene is like on your desert scene the sun is closer to the horizon and the closer the gets to the horizon the more atmoshpere it goes through and more light gets refracted - this is important because shadows are not always blue they are usually the color of light being bounced off surrounding objects as well as atmoshpere
    - the actual color of an object is a mix between the objects natural color(what it looks like in white light) and the color of any light that hits the it
    -something to keep in mind is that every object cannot give off light that it accepts----- the chemistry of any material usually accepts a certain part of the spectrum of light like greens, just blues or every part of the spectrum
    if the material would accept say the whole spectrum of color then it would not allow and of the light hitting it to leave the object would use the light energy that hit it.
    give a man a fish and he will have fish give a man a shoe and he will have a shoe tomorrow will lie to you so it is best to have died today
    my daily sketchbook

and my new portfolio web site!
    My NEW PortFoLio

Thanks
    dayyyyyum, that last creature is effin' sweet!
    I think this is the first time I've seen your thread....truly awesome improvement from start to finish!

rock on dude!

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    Wow. Didn't expect his kind of turnout. Thanks for dropping a line, everyone.

Sok - hehe. Yeah, I'm a little further along now than I was earlier this fall, and I don't plan on stopping. Thanks for supporting me.

Xia - Thanks, dude.

JtJ - Thank you. And yes, DAAP at University of Cincinnati. I'm a transfer. I spent one year at a podunk college in Missouri, and then I moved up here to attend a decent art school. Just finishing up my first quarter here, and I love it.

good war - Dem's alot ah fancy werds yer throwin out. I understand what you're saying. Thanks for the input. That helps.

Nouse - Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by. I'm working on it.

I throw out one decent sketch, and all these guys show up. Damn, wish I could draw stuff like that all the time. Anyway, it's been a hellishly busy couple of days, and with finals next week it's not going to get better too soon. Just a few pages from the holes in my schedule large enough to doodle in.

First up, some stuff I did in Physics. Some sea monster and a dude. The last two were done on the bus home today.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Just a few more today.

First two are random poses and limbs. I feel like I've been avoiding bending the torso and foreshortening limbs, so I decided that's what I am going to work on. Any critiques on my poor anatomy are welcome. Last pic is an ethnic study, based on girl from the bus (yes, its supposed to look like a guy), and an idea for Posiedon.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Well, I finally found some time before class and in between my project scrambling to draw a few pages today. It was definitely a matter of quantity over quality at this point, since its been a few days since I could do some heavy drawing. Just a mixture of random figures, people from class, my Physics teacher, and some buildings around campus.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Been doing a lot of crappy sketches lately. Trying to work on all these little things outside my comfort zone. Here's just a few. Four pages of completely random doodles and studies. The studies include ref from Spectrum 11 (friggin awesome book), some manga anatomy book, and some Android pics for inspiration.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Keep at it man, you've been updating like a madman, and that's a good thing, even if you think it's bad drawings, it's always good to look back at it and see what you did wrong, I know I had many many bad days of crappy drawing.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    getting out of your comfort zone is one of the best things to do, in order to improve and get a wider range of styles/techniques. imho its an essential part in the learning process, and realizing that drawing/painting stuff that isnt a lot of fun is way better than drawing the 1001th monster side view with tongue sticking out and tentacles. keep at it, man.

Jj.

Thanks
    wow mate looks like huge jump in skill and understanding in such a shor ttime ! all look really good the studies are paying off !

Thanks
    Sok - yeah, I'm starting to find out that even if I'm not sketching well, it still has me working.

Jj - Thanks, dood. You're absolutely right.

liam - Thanks much. I appreciat the encouragement.

Well, what can I say, 'cept I love sundays. I don't ever have to work, and now that school's pretty much done, I don't have homework either. Nothing to do but draw. I did these today in church and tweaking on coffee at a bookstore. More random stuff. figure studies. Interior of the chapel. more figure studies. hand studies. and last but not least my hour and a half coffee frenzy with some Android on the brain (complete with coffee stains!). No ref on anything, cept the chapel interior from life. I've got some problems with values. I think maybe I'm not using them with enough subtly and tact. I'm not sure. Any comments on that aspect are appreciated.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    No school today, so I stayed home and drew and tried to paint. I tried once before for about two days with some guaouuche (?). It didn't turn out too well. It was in Sept. I think. I had crappy brushes, crappy paints, crappy skeelz. This time around I decided to move up into acrylics and buy some halfway decent brushes. Getting closer to trying oils, but not yet. The pricetag alone is enough to scare me away. Feels pretty good so far. Figured out a couple of little things. Don't know what I figured out specifically, but I know its something. Anyway, on with the paints.

The first is a SP I did with those gouache in Sept. My first real attempt at a likeness with paint and consequently it doesn't really look like me. Next pic is acrylic still life from yesterday (blah). and then an abstractish SP that I did afterwards. The last I just finished about 20 minutes ago. I think it turned out the best. C+C please. I have no idea where to go with painting from here. Any advice would be helpful.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Thanks
    Sorry it's been a few days. I got caught up in a few things.

Well, the painting is going pretty well. This is probably the best SP I've ever done. The next sketch has some character concepts for my friends Moose and Jake. After that everything is pretty much same old. I think I used Marko for a ref on the robotic arm guy in the third pic.

Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07) Auden's Sketchbook (digipaints-digipaints-digipaints! Ho! : 5-10-07)

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast