The watercolour tool

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

The watercolour tool

Do you think the watercolour tool is good or bad?

I'm new to Painter and the reason I got it was to be able to colour like this guy at cyberphobia

http://www.arnistotle.com/painter.htm

he says he still uses version 6.

Is there a way to get v.7's watercolour tool to work like v.6's?

I find the tool really irritating.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    if you go under brushes, water, dry rate....mess w/this bar. it will help. this is andrew's advice. however i still find the watercolor brushes in 7 to be a bit slow. i have a pretty fast computer but....i guess not fast enough.

at the same time i haven't been painting long at all so...take what i say w/a grain of salt. i still use 6 sometimes too.

skankerzero Guest
    i stick with 6.

i actually bought 6 cause i use it so much.

i found the new watercolor tool to be annoying.

you are supposed to be able to load the 6 brushes into 7, though i never accomplished this succesfully.

6 fits my needs perfectly.

Thanks
    Actually I was in the same boat. Loved the Watercolor brush from 6 and HATED the one in 7. I tried just about everything I could think of to fix the bastahd but to no avail. In a last ditch effort I turned to the web and happened across this site:

http://www.pixelalley.com/Painter7/p...r-brushes.html

Go about four brushes down to "Matt's Old Watercolor brush" and follow the instructions for downloading and try it out.

It actually works.

I am in absolute heaven. Not only do I have all the great additions Procreate added but I've also got the old watercolor brush that I couldn't live without.

I don't know who Matt is but I'm eternally grateful to him for having the patience where I didn't.

Brian

These grapes taste like Fresno! -- Steinbeck

Thanks
    Andrew said if you use the tinting tool and edit it a little you have the watercolor brush from vs 6.... plain and simple.. *goes too look for the post*

good luck

peace.

-Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    The problem with using the tinting tool for P6 watercolor effects is thus:

Previous to version 7 we were able to use the watercolor brush without using a seperate layer. (Okay yes, technically it's on it's own layer but that's a moot point.) Then when we need to bake that invisible layer into the canvas we select "dry canvas".

In short we could tint using the water color brush in two steps (paint, dry).

Procreate's lame attempt to appease the former P6 watercolor users with the "tinting tool" was in my opinion, a very weak patch for a very egregious error on their part. To use the tinting tool we must first create a new layer. Then we must change the layer into a "gel" layer. Then when we're done tinting we've got to drop that layer onto the canvas.

Now we've doubled our steps. (create layer, change property of layer, paint, drop).

Now granted one can create function key shortcuts for create new layer and drop layer but there is no way to change a layer from "normal" to "gel" without going to the layers menu under objects, and it really started breaking the flow for me.

This is why I wanted to find a way to change the watercolor brush back into the P6 version. When you paint with the Watercolor tool a gel layer is created automatically (It's called a watercolor layer but in truth it is just a gel layer.)

With the new "Old P6 Watercolor tool" One can now paint with the tool, which creates a new watercolor layer and then set a function key to drop the layer, reverting us back to the original two steps to tint.

Furthermore I mapped one of my tablet buttons, (The little numbered squares across the top of a wacom tablet.) to my "drop" function key so now I can do it all with the pen.

Brian

These grapes taste like Fresno! -- Steinbeck

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.