Thanks

Question Tony Ryder? Figure Drawing Workshop?

Tony Ryder the author of The Artist's Complete Guide to Figure Drawing holds a number of 1-2 week courses on figure drawing every year. Iíve been given approval to take such a course and was wondering if anyone has knowledge of his aptitude as a teacher.

Alternatively could anyone suggest a similar courses (1-2 weeks long, preferably on the west coast, beginning to intermediate). My main focus is to learn more about anatomy and form in an effort to raise the quality of my 3d work.

Thanks in advance.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Don?t know much about the guy, but I for the same reason have taken life drawing classes. I want to get better at anatomy so that I can create and model my own characters in max or maya. I suggest going to a local community college, there is a few that we know of that have good to great programs (El Camino College Santa Monica College) of even http://www.dhima.com/main.html
    or otis college http://www.otis.edu/404domain.php and http://www.gnomon3d.com/course_descr..._design_I.html ...which are more expensive....

well hope this help
    oh yeah these are all in the LA area

A
    ________
    Honda VFR1200F
    Last edited by AmadorL; January 19th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.

sVtcObra Guest
    whoa id go to that any info i could get....his book is my bible !!

Thanks
    I went to a Tony Ryder workshop. I think he's an excellent teacher and a really stand-up gentleman kinda fellow. The problem is that you're paying a lot of money for 1-2 weeks worth of education... maybe 10 minutes of his time per day. So, while I highly recommend the workshop. I think my $700 or whatever could've been spent elsewhere (20 books, a regular 15 week class, etc.) I have no regrets, though. I don't think he teaches too much anatomy... more just focusing on how to see clearly.

-Bone