Thanks

AVP mod for doom3 is a great idea!

i came up with a great idea! so i decided to share it so that one day this mod will soon exist.
    making AVP a doom3 mod with single player missions and multiplayer madness like in AVP 2 and the original AVP.
    i thought of this when i was playing AVP 2.
    we could use the same animations of the imps for the preatorians. (regular aliens). i mean, this would be cool. even the predators will look cooler in this game. this game's engine is perfect for the next AVP game!
    thing is the hard part of making the art for this game.
    normal maps put a huge obstical in front of us. since it is a brand new thing for games and we do not fully understand and have the processing power to do this stuff. i'm gonna need a "3dBOXX" pc to do the high poly models.

one more thing, will we get sued if we make a mod of this for doom3, if the authorities find out. i mean we aren't going ot sell it. but still it is a copyrighted franchise. "AVP"
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    still no reply?
    dude...this is a superb idea.

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    awesome idea indeed

but there seem to be a few problems, one being that to make a mod of this caliber you'd either have to find really dedicated people that are of pro level or try to get professionals to do this, which would take a lot of money.

one of my favorite games is avp2, so i definitely like this idea, but yea there are the legal issues, one never knows how fox would react

so yea, awesome idea, i could totally see it work w/ that engine but unless you can take care of the issues like getting an experienced team and asking fox if it's okay, then i don't see this happening anytime in the relatively near future

cheers man

Thanks
    yeah, i still feel that some developer will make the next AVP game.
    with the doom3 engine or better.

Thanks
    That was about the first thing we talked about on irc when Doom3 was just released, still cool idea though. But ye, what injection said. Games, and mods for that matter, of that caliber are a hell of a lot of work. Personally I'd rather spend my time making a whole new (original) game.
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    another problem in making this mod is that Fox is quick to nerf anything that uses one of their licenses. I remember somebody making a pretty nice looking quake mod (or was it quake2, I can't remember) that got Fox put a cease and desist on.
    As Lord Cardigan said to the Light Brigade, "Just canter down the valley toward Balaklava, fellows. Nothing to worry about." -W.E.B. Griffin