some off my sketches and wips

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

well...im not too satisfied with those following pics....but i dont know whats exactly the reason . so i thought your critique might be able to help

this was a early sketch for saracen assassin....its not dynamic enough

...a severed head...a bit messy, but not too bad i think

quite ok?!

didnt become exactly the way i wanted it...but i like the idea (of a gut filled ball....)

thanks in adavance from a new member

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey people, i see the "viewed-number" increase everyday (ok....just a little bit, but its higher than before ), does no one want to tell me what doest ft right in or what could be made better in his/her eyes? it might help me improve!
    but thx for viewing anyway. ill post further drawings...even...if theyre only for me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it may just be me, but it seems like you're hiding some of your struggles with anatomy by heavily draped clothing and grotesque manipulation. In order to consistantly manipulate the figure believably, you need to be good at drawing it in its normal form (the same rule applies to anime, etc.). I'd like to see you do some figures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good you remind me of that point, i should have an eye on this while drawing. but those shown are not the best instances for that point, since they dont intent to show a "perfect naked human body", but that grotesque stuff you "mentioned" . the first one was meant to be covered heavily with clothes, but thank you very much for your post, since i got something more precise to work on now. its just gruesome if you know somethings wrong, but not exactly what it is and how to change it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I probably could have chosen my words better. I didn't mean "groady to the max", but rather that it is just extreme in the use of characterizing the insides of the body on the outside of the body.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well here is another sketch. its not quite that, what you said dogfood ( "figures"), but while testing around with body-armour stuff i quickly realized, that a good anatomic "feeling" is needed for drawing them correctly, so this can be seen as a "try for a figure". but please remember: its only a sketch
    => quickly done...and i only had a "damn, how could a cool knight's body-armor look like?" in my mind.
    (and its baaaad quality )
    i know the right hand is bigger than the left ....but please list all the mistakes i made and that you see in the pic. (and also what detail-stuff etc could be added to the armor.)
    blablabla heres the pic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if you want to improve i guess some life studies would be appropriate.. try to draw basic things first (cubes, balls) and be more precise with your strokes..
    hope i could help

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When you draw figures, do you draw the figure first (unclothed) and then add the costume, armor, props etc.? This is essential to get things right. If you draw the figure naked first, then you can get the costume in the right place. Also you should watch your elipses. When you draw a figure, you should pick a horizon line (even if you don't plan to draw an environment), and then make all the elipses on your figure consistent with it. Check out this thread where I explained this before:
    Eigam's Thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you both for posting.
    @Lim
    yeahyeah, i just remembered that and thought if there might be kinda online reference source for people-pics. know what i mean? so i could draw from photos and stuff...

@inspector lee
    thx, ill have a look at this thread.and yes i did draw the figure first...but somehow messed up some parts as it seems...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can find many ref pics under
    domai
    or fineart.sk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you again!
    @inspector Lee
    hmm, while looking at this thread i dont really get this "ellipse&horizon-line" thing because the older pics eigam posted and which you referred to when talking about the ellipses etc have been removed! this way i cannot learn from it. (ill post it in eigam's thread again, maybe he can change this bakc to "normal").

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's really strange. When I go to Eigam's thread (via the link above), all the images show up and look fine???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe you still got the "old version" in cache...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nope, just followed the link on my wife's laptop and the images are all there. The problem's definitely on your end. Maybe his hosting site is somehow being blocked by your ISP?
    In any case, if you can see my paintover, the one with all the red elipses, (which should appear, I still have it on my host server) and read my posts, it should be pretty clear.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @inspector Lee
    ...phuuuu i dont know, ill just try it until it works

_____
    well, in order to improve my knowledge and understanding of human anatomy i thought of the "draw from life" which is so important for this . i took some photos and tried to get the people into simple forms and then see what to be done to make it look like more..."human" . well there are some more on paper...2 examples...i think i got the proportions quite ok in those.

bassplayer

bodybuilder (ewwww)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey folks...here is another far-away-from-reality and quite morbid pic im...quite satisfied with...at least if i look at former drawings i think i improved my lines...but see yourself

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, Riggan.. So u like to draw very outrageous and grotesque characters.. And thats fine.... Ultimately right now what yo need to learn is A- How to determine where your shadows will be and where your light source is. B- How to create a smoothe blend C- create contrast which goes with A.
    Lim- has great advice on how to improve your drawings.. It might seem silly and a bit beneath you but, its the best thing that you could do.. Draw basic shapes... Get a piece of friut set up your light source and pay attention to whats going on.. DONT just start drawing... Read the fruit, examine it, just study it for a few minutes... Taking the time to study a figure helps you execute your drawing.... Then lightly create the baisc figure.... Once ou have created the basic figure put in the large masses of shadow on it.. Thats when you start to develop a 3 deminitional object... Create values as you go along....
    And even before you do that I would practice with B- creating a smoothe blend... Draw some squares... Then within those squares go from the darkest possible value to the lightest value within the square.. And pay attention the how much room you have in order to do this properly... Create as much as a smoothe blend as possible.... Once you have figured out how to properly execute those then you could move onto other things.. Its creating a foundation.. I kow tomorrow you would like to wake up and be able to draw like Milligan but, it takes alot of time.. Be patient... you'll get there... also educate yourself as much as you can, always carry a sketchbook.. If you take a bus or train to school sketch...! The more you sketch the better you get....

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.