Thanks

BexCreations - Color and Light 1.1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 hour.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	2183802

Here is my self-portrait study. I think possibly my light source was not intense enough for the point of the assignment, but I would say this is mid-key lighting. I struggled a lot with looking in the mirror instead of looking at a picture which I am more used to. I kept changing my face angle to look back and forth between my screen and the mirror. I noticed that the purest highlights were the highlights of the eye, and the highlights on my bottom lip. the light source was from above, so the top of my forehead, the ridge of my nose, my cheeks, and chin have highlights towards the top of the forms. My eyes cast a big shadow over my eyes, too. My bottom eyelids stick out a bit, so i have shadow under them. The biggest shadows of the piece are under my chin, under my eyebrows (across my eyes), and under my nose and lips. I think that If I were to go back to this piece I would be more delicate with my cheeks, because I think the form of them got a little blobby. I think I got the likeness of how I actually look relatively close, although I'm not sure it's obvious that it's me unless I were to say it is a self-portrait.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Revised:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	revised4.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	2184082

Thanks
    Thanked 6,737 Times in 4,642 Posts
    You say your lighting isn't that strong, but from the shadows under your nose the light source is overhead. Is the shadow in your eye socket actually darker than your nose? Is it so light on your forehead on your brow?