Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

How does this guy keep getting work?!!?

UK Teletext reports that British director Paul W. S. Anderson ("Alien vs. Predator", "Resident Evil") is to write the sixth movie in the "Alien" franchise, according to sources close to the film maker.

Newcastle-born Anderson, 39, has apparently been asked by Twentieth Century Fox to pen a new script featuring the creatures on their own (ie. no Predators). Whether that includes the return of Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) however is unknown.

The offer for the moment is simply to pen the script, not to direct as such although that may happen thanks to the success of AVP.

---

Paul "Wuss Shitbag" Anderson to make Alien 6?!? WTF? Why hire him and not Ridley Scott or James Cameron? Both of who have expressed interest in coming back to the franchise.
    It pains me to no end in the lack of creativity featured in Anderon's movies. It's almost as if he pounded out the scripts the morning of principal photography. This guy either has some incriminating photos of a movie exec. or sold his soul to the Devil to keep getting work.
    Please join me in boycotting this movie if he is in any way, shape, or form attached to the project. Fuck you Anderson! You ruin every movie you come in contact with.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oh shit. They just want to totally destroy the Alien franchise.
    ...+1 exp

Thanks
    In other news, Anderson was found dead today, face first in a bowl of dicks.

haha how I wish the news would tell me things I wanted to hear.

Thanks
    HAHAHA Cotrton, you read my friggn mind man, can you believe I waited for AVP to come to video...I waited for something from the aliens and predator franchise...to come to video

I don't know how Paul did this, how he actually pitched to the execs at fox and managed to be given this franchise once more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence
    I don't know how Paul did this, how he actually pitched to the execs at fox and managed to be given this franchise once more.
    Well, I bet 'ya the only reason was money. It would be cheaper to hire this fucking hack as a shitbag writer/director then to hire two people who actually have fucking brains to helm this project.

Sadly, since A vs. P I feel the Alien franchise has entered the Jason Goes to Manhattan territory. All credibility has been lost and now the movies are laughably bad. The intelligence and excitement of these films have been bled dry by an incompetent few leaving fans with empty shells of what they once were.

Thanks
    Alien 6?
    What happened to Alien 5.

There were:
    Alien
    Aliens
    Alien3
    Alien:Ressurection
    ?
    Alien6

I agree Anderson has no intetion as to making something different. But I guess he doesn't care to be original. His movies will always be mediocre at best. But then what do you really want from 20th century fox, they are the ones who fired a top producer for greenlighting FightClub.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts

I'd totally forgive him if he included this though:
    How does this guy keep getting work?!!?
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    resident evil sucked.
    the second resident evil sucked even more.
    why continue this movies series?

oh and haven't you heard they are making a movie based on the DOOM games.
    should i be delighted or horrified?
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kgb
    Alien 6?
    What happened to Alien 5.

There were:
    Alien
    Aliens
    Alien3
    Alien:Ressurection
    ?
    Alien6

I agree Anderson has no intetion as to making something different. But I guess he doesn't care to be original. His movies will always be mediocre at best. But then what do you really want from 20th century fox, they are the ones who fired a top producer for greenlighting FightClub.
    Me thinks that Alien vs Predator was the 5th one. Just guessing though. Haven't acctually seen the movie.

Thanks
    i saw alien vs. predator and thought it was pretty cool!
    they oughta make a new AVP game with the doom 3 engine or better.

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    when will this guy trip on some stairs and die?

Thanks
    still the original creators doing the story would be nice...but they are retired and
    avp was good so this new alien movie should be good.
    when will they ever make a new predator movie?
    i like predator more than those stupid psychopathic xenomorphs!
    gotta go skull hunting, to gain honor in my name!

Thanks
    Aliens versus Predator versus the Umbrella Corporation.
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    You gotta love the AVP catch line. "Whoever wins, we lose" That statement couldn't be more true.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan
    ...and avp was good so this new alien movie should be good.
    Put down the crack pipe and step away from your computer.

Thanks
    excuse me?

Thanks
    Lets face it, when you saw the advertisement for AvP you did not say to yourself, "hmmm this should be an interesting exercise of my mind in the elaborate plot that is sure to unfold." I mean with all of the well known actors, namely the predator since I have never seen any of the other actors in anything else, well excluding Bishop. Anyway yes, i believe it was sad that the Alien movies have gone downhill, but I mean it had the predator in it and that was actually about par for him, dont get me wrong I like predator, but the movies definitely aren't thought provokers. Oh well maybe one day an actual writer and an actual director will once again grace us with an Alien movie that really makes you think.

Or atleast makes you vomit.

Thanks
    indeed, i only liked AVP because of the predators.
    i want more predator movies than aliens.
    shouldn't the predator's get the screen this time?

Thanks
    Well, a while ago there was a Predator 3 script floating around written by Robert Rodregez (From Dusk Till Dawn, Once Upon A Time in Mexico) that was supposed to be made. It had the Predator hunting down Dutch's brother that was a NY cop. From what I heard it was pretty good. But now I don't think it will be made.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron
    Well, a while ago there was a Predator 3 script floating around written by Robert Rodregez (From Dusk Till Dawn, Once Upon A Time in Mexico) that was supposed to be made. It had the Predator hunting down Dutch's brother that was a NY cop. From what I heard it was pretty good. But now I don't think it will be made.
    DAMN IT!
    i want to see more skull hunt'in!

Thanks
    Exo - It be easy to make Alien a new, fresh, badass movie. Have the Aliens finally reach Earth and cause grusome havoc on humanity, like directors and script writers should have done in the first place, right after Alien 3. It would be incredibly suprising if the first 10 minutes of Alien 4 (in this case, aliens 5) showed happy humans living their lives, and then Aliens suddenly killing humans left and right. A little girl hearing her family getting torn to peices while she sits in her bed at night, hoping it's a dream, and then they come through her bedroom door, and reality presents itself. The first parts of the movie would catch the audience off guard, and then the futuristic military would have kick in, lead by Wayland's minions in charge, (learning more about his story and his corporation, maybe even a tad bit of history of the Aliens themselves) and the story could blow up from there. (it would be great if non of this Aliens on Earth story was presented in the trailer at all, so it would be more suprising to the audience, it's all about suprise!) Seeing Aliens on earth in broad day light, messing up even the most hardcore dudes up, would be insane. And if Riply DID come back, make her a real character like in part one, not some crazy, somewhat-goth, chick with a mutant-alien-loving-fetish who on the side, has a thing for female android chicks. What the hell was that?

The Predator, part 3, could be cool if they changed shit around for once, and have the humans hunting the predator, and actually having the humans (in hardcore futuristic army gear) fight well for once, but this would be only in the beginning of the movie. Then, at some point, the humans doom becomes obvious, and the movie becomes more dark and dreedful as maybe two more predators show up to settle the score, and then, reveal, finally, more of the predators story, history, but a real story, not that AVP nonsense. A story thats dramatic, maybe we get to see their homeworld, world(s), and learn more about their technolgy. Maybe their tech is better in this movie.

Theirs SO many ways to make these movies be grand and get better and better, but like all art catagories, whether that be music, or painting or whatever, in the film industry, crap gets made by crappy writers who get far in life because of who they know and how well they talk themselves into doing more crap forcing the audience to believe that this is the best they can do, and might as well except the trash as tolerable stuff.

I end my lame rant here.

-C
    Last edited by Chris J. Anderson!; October 20th, 2004 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks
    For Alien 5, I always thought they should go to the Alien homeworld. I mean, all the Aliens came from a ship that crashed on another planet. Why not go back to where that ship picked up the eggs in the first place? Declare the Alien species as "a threat to interests of mankind" and target them for extermination. So now you have a massive war (much like Starship Troopers) with the Aliens and Colonial Marines on the Alien home planet.

But there is also an alternative, more sinister motive to this war. Drawn by "heat and conflict," the Predators land on the far side of the planet and begin to hunt indiscriminately. The Wayland Corp. wanted the technology the Predators possess for years, so they set a trap and sacrifice a platoon to draw the Predators in. The trap fails and the survivors make an unsteady alliance with the Predators. They both hunt down the executive that gave the order and upon finding him, spout the tired cliché; "You're fired." before the Predator blasts him with his shoulder cannon.

Make it happen. I'll be in my trailer...

Exo: I agree they need to get rid of Woodruff. Since when did the Alien become this reptilian snot fountain? All the mystery, sexual innuendo, etc. ended with their involvement in Alien 3. The monster now has the same ferocity and mystery of your typical Sci-Fi Channel 'original' creature feature.

Mr. Anderson: I agree with you as well on how crap keeps getting made by crap people. But we need to get it across to the average movie goer, that unless they make a stand and demand a better product, they will keep getting crap. Would they even care? Judging by weekly box office receipts, it's evident that a lot of people don't. We have to put up with the lack of quality at the movies. It's like the whole class is being punished for the actions of a few. Fuck you and your trailer home Joe Public!

Episode III better not suck.

Thanks

No no no wait a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Floris Didden
    Aliens versus Predator versus the Umbrella Corporation.
    Brilliant idea... ^^^

I haven't seen AvP but am going to see it in two days [problems of being far from the source] and whatever happens I am still not going to think P. Anderson suck till I see The Director's cut DVD.
    I really don't know how many of you know that he blames the distributor for ruining his movie by cutting it much, the effects team also failed to finish all the required work on time... am a fan or Predator but I don't think am more of a fan than Anderson I don't think I would ruin a movie I like as much if given the chance to direct it and so I think that of him as well... “Mark my word I am not judging his work based on the commercial stuff am going wait till the director’s cut DVD [for those who like Dance/Electronic music can be my witnesses to what happens to stuff when commercialized.]

About the studio's cutting of the film, which he had no control over, he said, and I quote, "All of the best scenes were cut." Anderson was obviously very annoyed at the way the film was released. However, this was not purely because of the PG-13 limitation, which incidentally, the studio enforced THREE WEEKS before the release date! It was always going to be R until then. Part of the reason for the cutting was that some of the effects were not ready by the time the release date came around. The effects team had very little time to do anything.
    Source
    http://www.horror-asylum.com/framese...s/00003065.htm
    All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you......"

Thanks
    The root of the problem lyes in the idea that combining two different films into one film is a good idea. I like both the first 3 alien films and the predator films, but combining them is something you could only do in a comic or a game, and then it's still very cheesy.

"Eureca! People like Darth Vader and they like Jurasic park, and Tomb Raider. Let's make Darth Vader fight a T-rex with tits, hoozah. Let the money flow!"
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    What if they like...tossed in a lamp-monster? Ooh, ooh, I can see the advertisements now! Aliens vs Lamp-monster, whoever writes it, we lose. But the ads will have flashy music and a guy with a deep voice saying "in a world where lamp-monsters run rampant" so it must be good!

Thanks
    I don't think it's a good idea to remove the mystery about the aliens, predators or the derelict ship by revealing background stories etc. One of my favourite things in Alien 1 is the mysterious derelict ship and the fossil dude, who's just... well, mysterious. It's interesting to fantasize about it's origin and how it ended up there, but I think it should be left to each viewer to do that. I can understand it's tempting for a director to... impose his own theories upon the audience, but then there's no mystery left. Since each person has his own theories, the ideas of the director will seem cheesy and inapropriate to most people.

I'd like to see something like CJA wrote. Seems to fit the storyline with the comics. I highly doubt Aliens could conquer earth though. Humans on earth have the advantage of open terrain, ranged weapons & robots, not needing a host to reproduce. The Aliens would definately need something other than the regular melee unit to match that.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Alein vs. Predator vs. Freddy vs. Jason vs. King Kong vs. Godzilla vs. Superman vs. the Mole Men vs. Dracula vs. Billy the Kid...

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    ...vs. Daleks. vs. Gremlins vs. The Triffids vs. The creature from the black lagoon...

Thanks
    ...vs. Ash from Evil Dead. Game over.
    - Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Silly:
    p1
    p2
    p3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast