Thanks

Question NOTEBOOK/TABLET !PC! - best of

I'm researching notebooks and tablet pc's and wanted to get a better artists perspective on which is the best out there.

If any of you have any input, I'd really appreciate it.
    (Not you Manley, I know how godlike your GoBoxx is.. you've told me all too much!! hahahah)

oh and one thing

NO MACS

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    NOTEBOOK/TABLET !PC! - best of + NOTEBOOK/TABLET !PC! - best of = NOTEBOOK/TABLET !PC! - best of

macs are better then....im not going to go there.

Thanks
    NOTEBOOK/TABLET !PC! - best of or the alternative...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluepuppy
    macs are better then....
    ...throwing all that money in the sea.
    but why buy a mac when you can get two or three similar (performance-wise) PCs for the same price? or spend all the money that the top powerbook costs on a PC instead and you'll have a MONSTER

Anyway, I have an Acer TravelMate 290 series laptop and I like it...it's a good budget model. The monitor is probably not what an artist would want, though...video card shouldn't matter as they only really do any difference when you play 3d accelerated games.
    I find the CPU, a Pentium-M 1.4 GHz, to do its job quite well. Centrino is the way to go if you want the battery to last a bit longer. I easily get 3 hours out of mine, and that's with the standard battery (not sure if there's a better one, but it wouldn't surprise me).
    The built-in WLAN is also great...I'm not sure if there are models without that anymore, but if you're planning to be wireless, make sure it is built-in so you don't have to carry around an extra card for that.

Thanks
    i omly paid 1200 for my ibook and upgrades. 800 mhz. (about 2.0 ghz in a pc because mac processors dont bottleneck) 640 ddr sdram, 32 mb video card. it runs better then any pc i ever worked. i can run maya, photoshop, itunes, internet explorer all at the same time with having documents from each program up(sometimes more then one). its a great deal. but if you look at the powerbooks, yes they are very expensive, but then you would have to compare them with alienwares. basically its all about preference oh and the fact macs rule and pcs eat poo! MACINTOSH PCS

Thanks
    Comparing Swedish prices, an iBook (14" model) similar to the Acer laptop I bought costs about 50% more than the Acer.
    And, without knowing too much about the PowerPC G4 CPU, I wouldn't say that it (the 1 GHz version) is faster than a Pentium-M 1.4 GHz CPU (which they say can be compared to a normal Pentium 4 ~2 GHz)...

Thanks
    Ok, there's a reason I asked for No MACS

THERE IS A PLETHORA OF INFORMATION AND VOCAL PEOPLE AVAILABLE TO TELL ME ABOUT THEM.

Now PC notebooks and Tablets have a bit less ZEALOUS fans, so you can't find the same amount of Info.

please can the Mac crusade and be helpful.