1 6.67%
  • I have access everywhere. Thanks!

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

ConceptArt News & Recent Updates - January

January News and Events
    Hey all, First off - Happy New Years to everyone, from the CA Team! This is the year we will all make major improvements on our art, life, and careers. I believe its' going to be an awesome, awesome year, and look forward to seeing everyone grow.

Update
    Just an update about what's going on around the site. Basically our back-end systems became corrupted which prevented the entire system from coming back online. Meaning, everything was down, and it couldn't be booted back up except from SSH.

I had to make a big decision, either "maybe" repair existing issues - a corrupted system... which usually cause unpredicted LONG times of downtime or migrate as fast as possible to a new server. All the mean time, the current server is toasted. Retrieving data was slightly possible, but would take days-weeks to get out, while everyone would have no access.

So the trigger was pulled. I looked at our backups, which we have on-site backups -which occur daily, weekly and monthly - which wasn't available, and I also have redundant off-site backups at a remote server for crazy scenarios like this. Usually the on-site backups are easy and quick to revert back to. In this case, it was a matter of having a week of downtime, which causes our organic google results to go crazy down, or get back up, but revert to two weeks ago.

I chose the "lets get back up as soon as possible". Sorry we lost a bit of data, but we managed to save years of treasure while being down for about 14 hours. During this 14 hours alot went down ~

Workflow
    1 - Making the big decision - evacuate our current unstable server
    2 - Chose a better platform to host on
    3 - Re-setup our security, msql, backend services, rebuild linux,apache,whm/cpanel
    4 - Migrate over 500gb of data from remote servers
    5 - Restore configurations (theres alot going on in the backend) - as an example ImageMagick is a module that allows you to upload images sitewide
    6 - Ensure working order - (ongoing)

Speeds are Google Fast
    The good news. The server is now performing optimally. Our page loads are super optimized and move at categorized - A+ Ratings:
    https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.con...t.org/VzgyhcHUName:  2016-01-13_11-27-36.png
Views: 4267
Size:  295.1 KB

This is a lot faster than before. A little bit of comparison. Old server allowed 500 mb/s bandwidth. This current server can handle upwards of 6000 mb/s bandwidth. This new configuration allows for much more concurrent users in and around the site.

Uptime will be consistent
    Uptime: Without cursing myself, I do believe we will have consistent uptime for the unforeseeable future. Sorry for any loss of data once again. It's been a hectic 48 hours on this side.

Current issues:
    I'm aware of a few of you not being able to login to LevelUp/ArtJobs/Art Questions/Art Events/ Please fill out the quick poll below to see how widespread this issue is. Not sure why this is occurring. I've been testing numerous accounts and your accounts seem fine on my end so I'm thinking it's your browser cookies/cache...so poll it so I can get insight into this

New Features:
    Once we get things fine tuned, we will be adding some very cool features and opportunities for artists. Much things planned in the works. For now stay tuned.

David
    CTO of ConceptArt
    Last edited by David A; January 14th, 2016 at 02:46 PM.
    Chief Technology Officer of ConceptArt.org

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to David A For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,335 Times in 4,358 Posts
    If you can't log in to vote, please email me at blackspot@conceptart.org I'll keep a tally and update it here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I managed to log-in using Firefox but can't log-in using Chrome, the drop down menu to log-in doesn't pop-up and it sometimes takes forever to load CA in Chrome where as Firefox is fine. I'm not sure if this is just me or other users experience it too. Also, in the Art Jobs area, I only see posts from 3 weeks ago and no new posts from employers, either there really have been no job posts for almost a month or that's considered not being able to log-in.

I know losing 2 weeks worth posts hurts specially if you post daily and more than once, hopefully those posts can be recovered but if not, well it can't be helped. At least the site has recovered and is back up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fllamjr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Spent all day trying to figure out the login issues. THIS issue is now FIXED! If you have absolutely any issues with logging in to any areas, just log out, and log back in. The glitch was chased down, hunted, and killed. whewww

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to David A For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've trouble uploading (even really small) pictures and the attachment manager won't open for me at all (empty new window).
    Glad the worst is over, thank you for the hard work and making even harder decisions!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellerlache For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yea I have the same issue with the attachment manager. Very glad to see the site up and much faster than before! Your struggles are appreciated.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BHDH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerlache View Post
    I've trouble uploading (even really small) pictures and the attachment manager won't open for me at all (empty new window).
    Glad the worst is over, thank you for the hard work and making even harder decisions!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHDH View Post
    Yea I have the same issue with the attachment manager. Very glad to see the site up and much faster than before! Your struggles are appreciated.
    I believe I have also just fixed this big glitch. Please post followups to confirm fix.

Thanks
    Glad to see everything has been sorted out, good job! What are the chances of us getting our old images from sketchbooks and stuff back? Is that stuff just gone for good?
    "The whole point of practice is to do it until you can do it right." - dpaint

DA

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Sadly the attachment manager still isn't working (i.e. loading) for me but I could upload pictures just fine one at a time with the old fashioned "insert picture" tool.

Thanks
    Using Chrome, I can log-in using http://www.conceptart.org/go/artist/ but here in the forums there is no dropdown menu for the notifications, messages, user etc. showing or doesn't work. CA loads faster now though, thanks!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fllamjr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm having issues with the forum loading (as I type this, this thread hasn't finished loading after a few minutes), and the dropdown notification thing won't open, and I also can't load the notification bit from my profile either. The main forum page will load fairly quickly for me, but sometimes not all of it loads. Thank you for your effort in fixing all this, I want you to know I do appreciate it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All attachment issues are fixed.

@hunch - issue fixed as well (I think.)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David A For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yes notifications do seem to be working now, thank you!

Thanks
    I can log-in now using chrome! Thanks David!

Problem now is when is I think the jobs section is down again, and I get this
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Sabai_NotInstalledException' in /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-content/plugins/sabai/lib/Sabai.php:405 Stack trace: #0 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-content/plugins/sabai/lib/Sabai.php(66): Sabai->_loadAddons() #1 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-content/plugins/sabai/lib/Sabai/Platform/WordPress.php(1141): Sabai->loadAddons() #2 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-content/plugins/sabai/lib/Sabai/Platform/WordPress.php(1258): Sabai_Platform_WordPress->getSabai() #3 [internal function]: Sabai_Platform_WordPress->onInitAction('') #4 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-includes/plugin.php(525): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-settings.php(392): do_action('init') #6 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-config.php(196): require_once('/home/concepta/...') #7 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/concepta/...') #8 /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-blog-header.php(12): require_once('/home/concepta/...') #9 /home/concepta/public_html/go/ in /home/concepta/public_html/go/wp-content/plugins/sabai/lib/Sabai.php on line 405

Thanks
    now everything looks stable
    Sketchbook - Color 1.1 1.2 - Composition 1.1 1.2 - Drawing 1.1 - Illusion

"Know yourself. Express yourself. Master yourself."