Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...

Thanks

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...

Click HERE to dive into the newer stuff that doesnt suck as bad.. Thanks for visiting!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here as well as over on CGTalk.com. Mostly just enjoying the art and giving praise. I really enjoy everyone's Daily Sketchbooks though and wanted to join in on the fun. I've done illustration work and comics in the past but I was real limited in certain areas as well as being slow and my people were stiffer than I wanted them to be. So I've sort of gone back to the basics to try and build up my skills better with more gesture and life drawing as well as learning the planes of the head and rest of the body. It's strange, a lot of the stuff is like starting from scratch and it looks really horrid, heheh. But nevertheless I'll still post some of the bad stuff just to document a progression as I continue to post. I think I can keep up mostly daily. I try to at least sketch some daily but may not always have time to scan them and post them so I may disappear for a couple days then play catch-up.

So enough rambling, here it is, the first surge of art for you all to see. Enjoy, and feel free to chime in with your comments anytime. I'm here to learn!

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents... Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...
    Last edited by feeesh; May 29th, 2010 at 01:06 AM.
    feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
    -----------------------------------------
    ART - MUSIC - Vimeo - YouTube - IMDb - SKETCHBOOK
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

I like the expression and pose in the tattoo chick sketch. Watch the light source in the colored version- build form with light and shadow but keep it consistent. Don't get too soft and airbrushy.

I see you struggling with facial structure. Some careful construction and geometric studies will help there.
    Keep it up!

Thanks

Too much Feng Zhu

Here's some digital sketches. Too much Feng on the brain when I did most of these!

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...

Last edited by feeesh; November 29th, 2004 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Artkitty,

Yeah, facial structure is my biggest weakness right now, that's why Im going back and working on planes of the fave alot to help me get a better understanding of the face in 3 dimensions. Ill probly get some of those sketches scanned tonight or tomorrow. This is just catch-up stuff form the last couple weeks. Definitely have a ways to go with that though. Been looking at my Loomis books though to help out as well as breaking down the faces in photo reference.

Thanks

The Bone Doctor Diagnosis :::

Nothing better than a daily dose ~~~ yes your understanding of structure of head is lacking ~~~ you must own your own skull ~~~ you must understand the underlying bone structure.

Look at Bridgman, and learn to block in the head. This is harder than it looks ~~ most people including me have to do this dozens of times until the light goes on. This is really basic stuff and most people fight it or just don't do it period and their work suffers for it the rest of their lives.
    Just do it, you can thank me later!

Check this thread: Gaby has got it going on ~~~ go through the whole thread and see how much time she has spent learning the planes of the head! (and everything else)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18792

Thanks
    ^^^hes on your side
    good stuff too

Thanks

heads...heads....HEADS!!!!!!!!!

Hey all, well I try to keep up the sketching daily even if I cant get them scanned and posted each day so here's a few more that built up over the last 3 days.

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents... Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh's Sketchbook - The Last of the Secret Agents...

-feeesh
    Last edited by feeesh; November 29th, 2004 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks

The Bald and the Beautiful - progress.............

Here's a couple more. Learnin' the planes a bit more......

-da feeesh
    Last edited by feeesh; November 29th, 2004 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks
    welcome to the boards...err to posting...

i like the way you do anatomy. nice perspective on those heads, too
    Whatever the mind of a man can conceive and believe it can achieve.

http://www.coreypeagler.com

Thanks
    good stuff keep it up

would like to see the 3rd guy done up.

Thanks
    wow nice work. Im really liking ure anatomy and ure face studies. Its all got a comic book style to it which looks really awesome.
    Those fengesque robots are cool, i agree with Yoell with doing tht one up, tis a sweet design.
    good work keep it up.
    PHANDY // Andrew Porter
    Concept Artist // Splash Damage

ArtStation Blog Tumblr

Thanks

More heads and tiny chicks!

Sikkness - Thanks for the welcome and the comments!

PHATandy and Yoell - Thanks for your comments, and Im glad you like the third figure. Didn't really have any plans for it but maybe one of these days sketching I'll do up one with a bit more detail, flesh it out a bit!

PHATandy - yeah Ive got that comic style, been trying to get work in the comics industry for years. DOne a bit of inking here and there and some work for indy press guys but nothing major yet, nothing from the big 2 (or 3) yet. I'm more focusing on other areas nowadays but would still ove a shot at doing a DC or Marvel series someday. But I want to try to get away from the style a bit as well if possible, that's partly why Ive sorta gone back to basics so I can better see the body in real 3 dimensions and be able to translate it in a more realistic way on paper. Ive got a long ways to go though.......... ANd those comic style habits are hard to break.....

I love the comic style as well and want to do more, but one of my biggest weaknesses besides heads at certain angles obviously, is that my people were always stiffer than I would like so I'll have alot of gesture drawing in my upcoming sketches as well as working on the planes of the head and body.

Here's some more heads. Getting a bit better at the straight on shots with the heat turned side to side. Need to start focusing on getting the planes in proportion and correct on moving the head up and down and odd angles that can add alot of expression to a drawing but are hard angles to draw. Ive seen alot of pieces that tend to be really weak in alot of areas but they might be really good with expressive hands or expressions or interesting up or down shots of the head with expression and it can really make it stand out from the rest.

Got some gesture drawing style tiny women too, on to the art.........

-feeesh

Thanks

Dancing Heads of beauty (and awkwardness)

More heads, trying to get some character in the faces. Did some failed (and too ugly to post) attempts at upshots as well as lots of linework with pens, just working on throwing lines accurately and such, nothing really worth posting from that. So just this long page for today.

Next couple days Im going to keep focusing on some gesture drawing to stay loose and mostly more heads while I work on better angles and expressions.

Enjoy!

feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
    -----------------------------------------
    ART - MUSIC - Vimeo - YouTube - IMDb - SKETCHBOOK

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast