Thanks

GreyForce - Color and Light 1.1

That was kinda fun to make this. First of all, i used the day light and my wall is clean white. So that should be the reason why the Core Shadows are a bit brighter, because of the reflection from the wall. The Mass Shadow was in the left side of my face, because the light came from the upper right side. Mass Light is under my left eye, for instance. Cast Shadows is under my hair and chin, because of the light which comes from upper right side, as i already said. And I used less Highlights on my face and a bit more on the hairs, because i used Highlights only on hard edges or shapes and on different surfaces. On the lips for instance. Edit: Forgot to say that this is a High Key Picture.
    Name:  portrait.png
Views: 963
Size:  228.8 KB
    Last edited by GreyForce; September 27th, 2015 at 03:45 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hi GeryForce, all at ones I think you did a good job and I love the little light reflections that you painted on your skin. What I have noticed is, that your silhouette is not really correct (in the view of anatomy). Your neck looks to big, to wide, perhaps you haven't painted your shoulders (?) and the part of your right eye looks a bit wrong. It seems that you have painted the silhouette with a hard brush stroke, fixed the layer and painted over that. It's a great technic I think, but you should rework on it in the process of painting (hope you understand what I mean ).
    The second thing is, that i would change the color from the Background. The basic tone from your face is 50% black and the BG is 50% black too, so you haven't any or to less contrast between the face and the BG.

Thanks
    A superior study, however the hair is well rendered but the skin looks a bit too cartoony, almost like a doll, mostly because the highlights around the eyes are too greasy, do a softer transition, make it look more subtle. I agree there are anatomy errors, such as lips being distorted and the eyes are missing their eyelid, it's cool to focus on painting, but you must not forget your anatomy, spend some time making it look right and then painting will be easy cake because you already figured everything out in anatomy. Do a wider range of darks and whites.